ALL NEW / **TWO-HOUR EPISODE**
WED 8/7c AUG 27

Top 8 Results and Top 6 Week

Lindsay Arnold and Will Thomas were eliminated during Top 8 Week.

Wednesday night, after America’s vote was revealed, Cole Horibe, Will Thomas, Lindsay Arnold, and Witney Carson were the two guys and two girls who received the fewest votes. After deliberating, the judges – Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, and guest judge Jesse Tyler Ferguson (“Modern Family”) – saved Cole Horibe and Witney Carson from elimination and sent Will Thomas and Lindsay Arnold home.

Next week, on Wednesday, Sept. 5 at 8/7c, the competition continues when the Top Six finalists –Witney Carson, Eliana Girard, Cole Horibe, Tiffany Maher, Cyrus Spencer, and Chehon Wespi-Tschopp – will be paired with new All-Star partners. Additionally, there will be a special dance performance by AXIS Dance Company.

The following week, don’t miss the performance finale of the season, when the Top Four finalists take the stage to vie for America’s vote on a new night Tuesday, Sept. 11 at 8/7c. Then, America’s favorite male and female dancer will be crowned on the grand finale, Tuesday, Sept. 18 at 8/7c on FOX.

Tickets went on sale Friday, Aug. 24 for the So You Think You Can Dance tour, which kicks off in San Diego, CA, on Tuesday, Oct. 23. More details can be found HERE.

View photos from the Top 8 show.

Comments

20 comments on “Top 8 Results and Top 6 Week“

1. notnesary - wrote:

niel are u sleepling with witney. she has been in the bottom three time. she sticks compare to the othes on the show. you have never save anyone else in this situation. so i see something more going on.let me tell you i feel it all about sex. so your show will lose. pick only the best dancers not any reason else.

8/30/2012 5:53 PM UTC

2. suesue - wrote:

Witney is a wink and a tattoo away from being a pole dancer! Lindsay was much much better.

9/1/2012 7:42 AM UTC

3. Alora - wrote:

Cyrus doesn’t even dance, sure, he “partners” well, but he’s no Will… If he somehow wins for his “talent” I’m not ever watching the show again…

9/1/2012 8:53 PM UTC

4. Walker7 - wrote:

Will and Lindsay were great competitors. I wish them best of luck, whatever is in store for them in the future. I also hope to see them as All-Stars in another season.

As Nigel said, this week was the last week where the judges decide who is eliminated from the bottom 2. That means that next week, America’s votes will decide to makes it to the finale. I gave a massive amount of votes to Eliana. She really deserves a spot in the finale, and I liked her performances this season a whole lot.

As for All-Stars, Melanie from last season was one of the best choices for an All-Star. I still hope to see Janette, Chelsie, Mark, and of course, more Kathryn.

9/2/2012 12:49 PM UTC

5. starfish - wrote:

I’m confused why they keep saying season 9 will be known for its unique dancers and yet they keep saving Witney who is a fine dancer, but nothing out of the ordinary! And then they get rid of someone like Amelia who is so spunky and cute. You could find another Witney on any street in America. If it weren’t for Eliana, I’d just stop watching after this episode.

9/2/2012 9:49 PM UTC

6. Shawn - wrote:

Why not keep all the dancers for 5 or 6 shows and let the points all up and then cut down to the final 10. That way we get to see each dancer so several routines. They may have a bad number in the beginning and then get hot.

9/3/2012 4:33 PM UTC

7. Yathink - wrote:

I don’t understand why they keep saving Witney? In the past if a person found themself in the bottom more than once they were let go. They keep saying this will be the season of the unique, but they have saved Witney over Janelle and Amelia, what’s up? For those that don’t like Cyrus, he hasn’t been in the bottom once. This is supposed to be about Americas favorite dancer, not Nigels. Also, why is Fox limiting SYTYCD to one night? I hate this new format!!!!!! There isn’t anything on thursday or tuesday night that was sooo important that the second night couldn’t be done. This show is something I wait all year to watch. Nigel has opened the world of dance to the world like he did for all those singers. I love this show the old way.

9/4/2012 9:50 AM UTC

8. Neil - wrote:

Will leaves and Cyrus stays? Please hurry and get rid of Cyrus. I can’t believe he has lasted this long.

9/5/2012 3:23 PM UTC

9. Debbie - wrote:

If Cyrus wins this show I will never watch again. How unfair to the other dancers. The choreographers make each routine esp for him so all he has to do is stand there because he cant do anything else. So many dancers have been kicked off to save him. It has to be fixed. He is a steet dancer. Period.

9/5/2012 5:53 PM UTC

10. Faith - wrote:

I love Cyrus!! He has never had formal training, how awsome that he is still haning in there!

I love Eliana!!! Way to go ballerina!!!

I hope one of these two win!!!!!!!!!!

9/5/2012 6:12 PM UTC

11. suzQ - wrote:

Cyrus won over Cole tonite!!!!! You gotta be f#&ing me!!! I thought this was a dancing competition!! Tonites results have given me a migraine!! If Cyrus wins I will NEVER watch this show again, and I LOOOOVVVEEEE this show!!! sooooo, disappointed with the American voters …

9/5/2012 6:30 PM UTC

12. JB - wrote:

I don’t understand why Cyrus hasn’t been asked to dance outside his “style” or comfort zone. So many wonderful dancers have left the show but Cyrus is “saved” by not being asked to dance. The show should be ” So you’re a want-a-be dancer” that way even if you can’t dance other than one style America won’t have fair expectations for all. Don’t get me wrong I have nothing against Cyrus….I even like him but come on he needs to take some lessons and come back!

9/5/2012 6:34 PM UTC

13. JB - wrote:

I with you suzQ………….I’m disappointed in the show and voters. This was one of my favorite shows but let’s criticize feet and toes not pointed, let’s tell others they have to step up and do other styles BUT that doesn’t ring true for Cyrus who seems to have gotten a free pass by all because he’s only been asked to do “his style” and everyone else works around him and “his style”
    Cyrus never looked “bad” because he was never asked to dance……….come on judges are you running for a congressional office?

9/5/2012 6:42 PM UTC

14. Gladys - wrote:

Cyrus is a gifted dancer and you forget what the purpose of the show was originally and that was not only the best dancer but the best IMPROVED – and you need to admit that gentleman is by far the best improved. Also if you stop watching this show because you don’t like some of the outcomes then you are watching the show for the wrong reasons. YOU WATCH THE SHOW BECAUSE YOU HAVE A LOVE OF DANCE AND WANT TO GLORY IN IT BEAUTY! Peace…..

9/5/2012 6:47 PM UTC

15. Jean - wrote:

Why do they keep promoting Cyrus? He may have the heart for dance but so does every other dancer on there or they woildn’t be on. this is the fault of the judges for letting a mediocre dancer through in the first place. He is only a good dancer in his Genre unlike the others who are fantastic in all areas. He has a great personality but that’s not what we are voting on.

9/5/2012 9:09 PM UTC

16. Jasminet - wrote:

I am so over Ileana and that other boring brunette. Whitney is the obvious star. I can’t believe america voted Keon to stay over Cole who has brought something new to the show. Really disappointing season. Really boring end results hmm let me guess gummy Ileana and the underdog Cyrus. I’m happy for Cyrus but Ileana yawn

9/5/2012 9:53 PM UTC

17. Neil - wrote:

Cyrus is incredible! I vote for him every week because I think what he does is amazing. Considering he’s never been in the bottom, I think many feel similarly. I’m rooting for him to win. Don’t know how Cheon got past Cole though. Wasn’t Cheon in the bottom numerous times?

9/6/2012 6:33 AM UTC

18. Keisha - wrote:

People are hating on Cyrus? For what? He’s a favorite and that’s what this show is about. Not only is the audience facilitating who wins , its the judges too! People want to harp on Nigel but he’s entitled to his own opinion too. Just because you like a specific dancer doesn’t mean you need to harp on anyone else’s dance style or genre. I personally had MANY favorites and although Cyrus has been mine from his first audition, Cole was AMAZING and so was Will, Amelia, Brandon, Darrein. The new format sucks but I’ll take what I can get. I love this show. I love dance. But then again, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion at the end of the day. But be open minded!

9/6/2012 9:00 AM UTC

19. ap - wrote:

Nigel reminds the audience frequently that this show is not crowning the “best dancer” but America’s FAVORITE dancer and right now Cyrus is one of the favorite dancers. I really enjoy watching Cyrus dance but what I find even more compelling is his willingness to put himself in uncomfortable situations, his work ethic, his wonderful attitude and his natural charm. I think he is an inspiration for, not only young people, but for all of us to try something new and do it with a good attitude and it can pay off and give you joy!

9/6/2012 9:18 AM UTC

20. betty boo - wrote:

Witney was the obvious star here! I don’t understand the comments of witney above. She did everything she was given 200%. I really think a lot of people are jealous of her because she is gorgeous and can actually dance. she is pretty much perfect. I am sorry but amelia, audrey, eliana, and any other girls do NOT compare to her. Keep watching her America because I am sure we will see her in Movies and TV programs. She is a STAR!

9/14/2012 7:52 PM UTC