WED 8/7c JUL 30

Top 10 Results and Top 8 Week

We said goodbye to George Lawrence II and Audrey Case.

Only four weeks remain until the new favorite male and female dancers are crowned on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. Wednesday night, after America’s vote was revealed, Witney Carson, Audrey Case, George Lawrence II, and Chehon Wespi-Tschopp were the two guys and two girls who received the fewest votes. After deliberating, the judges – Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy and guest judge Benjamin Millepied (“Black Swan”) – saved Witney Carson and Chehon Wespi-Tschopp from elimination and sent Audrey Case and George Lawrence II home.

The Top 10 finalists performed Wednesday night for the first time with their All-Star partners. In addition, they performed an all-new group routine choreographed by Tyce Diorio. Also featured was a special performance by the L.A. Dance Project.

Next week, on Wednesday, Aug. 29 at 8/7c, the competition continues when the Top Eight finalists – Lindsay Arnold, Witney Carson, Eliana Girard, Cole Horibe, Tiffany Maher, Cyrus Spencer, Will Thomas and Chehon Wespi-Tschopp– will be paired with new All-Star partners. Additionally, Jesse Tyler Ferguson (“Modern Family”) will guest-judge.

Tickets go on sale Friday, Aug. 24 for the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE tour, which kicks off in San Diego, CA, on Tuesday, Oct. 23. More details can be found HERE.

>>View photos from the Top 10 show.

>>Download the SYTYCD Free App.

Comments

24 comments on “Top 10 Results and Top 8 Week“

1. Pippa - wrote:

Amelia’s gone. I loved her. Now I will stop watching.

8/23/2012 1:06 PM UTC

2. Jan - wrote:

I am through watching this show after all of the wonderful dancers that were sent home and Nygel and Mary think Cyrus is so awesome, you two are a joke you have catered to his style since he has been on the show, it is obvious that he does not deserve the spot he is in, to many excellent dancers have been put down and talked about Nygel telling one you arent pointing your toes as well as I would like you must work on it, but yet he was doing ever style of dance perfectly. You all have decided from day one that you liked this Cyrus, and decided to carry him through that is unfare to all of the other dancers. this will be the last show we will be watching, you have turned it into favortisum for the underdog. Shame on you Both.

8/23/2012 4:24 PM UTC

3. Darin - wrote:

Let’s get down and dirty with this hip hop!! We haven’t seen a “buck” routine in long time.

8/23/2012 7:04 PM UTC

4. Cecilia - wrote:

Week after week I am perplexed why Cyrus was 1st even part of the top 20 and 2ndly still on the show. Kudos to him for remaing humbled and also surprised yet appreciative that he is still on. But he is obviously being given special treatment by the choreographers due to his lack of talent – they are working around him and giving him bit parts. Is that fair to the other dancers who have worked and trained very hard? I’m tired of the other dancers being many times seriously critiqued but Cyrus, who needs a lot of work is given praises. This season is disappointing. No question there are many talented dancers, but Cyrus has no place in that lineup (again, not referring to his person, just his dancing abilities (or rather lack thereof).
    Voting and judging are off. Sad…

8/23/2012 9:00 PM UTC

5. Orton - wrote:

He’s probably the best “Animated” popper out there, He’s come so far on this show! Considering he never actually took any dance classes! He’s just amazing, VOTE for Cyrus!

8/24/2012 1:37 AM UTC

6. Mary - wrote:

I agree with the 2 comments above that Cyrus does not belong in the top 10 or now 8! Nigel and Mary are giving him preferential treatment every week He does not belong on this show because it’s supposed to be about dance, something he needs to learn how to do. He should take lessons and come back in a year or two maybe. I will not be watching this show next season if Cyrus is pushed through by the judges based on his “passion”, and not his dance technique. The show is called “So You Think You Can Dance.” Cyrus is not a dancer!! This is an insult to other dancers who have been eliminated, especially George.

8/24/2012 9:09 AM UTC

7. Erin - wrote:

I am one of the many that continued to be confused by Cyrus. When Matthew was sent home last week, then George this week, I was completely floored. Cyrus does not have half the talent of those dancers. He is given lifts and easy choreography so he continues to coast by, with praise from the judges. I am extremely disappointed in this season.

8/24/2012 12:56 PM UTC

8. gina - wrote:

I’m done watching this season. What is going on!!!!!!! You’re letting all the very talented dancers go and keeping dancers like Cyrus and Whiney who are no where near the caliber of some of the dancers that have been let go. You keep saving these off the wall dancers. Once you let Audrey go and saved Whitney I know its a scam

8/24/2012 7:27 PM UTC

9. Kate - wrote:

George was my favorite. I thought he would win… I don’t understand how people voted for Cyrus and George didn’t get enough votes…. I hope to see him in as an all star performer in the future seasons.

8/24/2012 10:39 PM UTC

10. couch potato - wrote:

I was so proud of the judges saving witney. She has proven to be very versatile in her dancing. Isn’t that what the show is all about. Performance and Versatility? She has it all. I hope she makes it to the finale. WHATS WRONG WITH AMERICA? START VOTING.

8/25/2012 5:05 PM UTC

11. Walker7 - wrote:

Of course, I really liked the All-Stars. They are one of the best parts of the show. My favorite is Kathryn. She and Will did an excellent performance this week. I hope to see her more this season.

I wish Audrey and George the best of luck in their future careers. In my opinion, they should become All-Stars in future seasons.

Don’t forget, next week, the Top 8 will perform, and then, our votes and the judges will determine the Top 6. After the Top 6 is determined, we vote. That means our votes next week will determine who will go to the finale. Of course, anyone can vote for whoever they want, but this is just my suggestion: Eliana for girls, and Will for guys. These two seem to have what it takes to win it all.

And finally, please consider limiting the votes per phone line every week. This change is way overdue.

8/25/2012 5:26 PM UTC

12. JERSEY GIRL - wrote:

I think it was an excellent idea to have the dancers do past dances. My favorite was Addiction and The Bench. As for Cyrus, Im proud that he made it this far, but the other comments are correct. He has to prove himself worthy and I have’nt seen a buck routine from him. When he was suppose to shine he didnt the ballerina showed him up. He is definitely no Twitch. Twitch proved himself and he is still rising.

8/25/2012 11:41 PM UTC

13. ShiFou - wrote:

All you Cyrus “haters” should take a moment and remember that Nigel announced in the beginning several format changes to the show–including the one about them looking for the most UNIQUE dancers, not necessarily the best or most versatile dancers. Based on that criteria, Cyrus ought to be the last man standing, and I hope he wins the big prize. I think Eliana should be the top girl because she’s the standout this season, both for personality and ability. If you don’t like the format changes, don’t blame Cyrus. He’s just in the right place at the right time… and yay for him!!!

8/27/2012 2:04 PM UTC

14. Leah - wrote:

I would like to comment on Benjamin, the Choreographers exhibition. The dancers were excellent however everything was on one level. The music had no highs and lows, the dance had no crescendos – down near the floor with no dramatic lifts and sometimes the dancers just walked casually over to a partner. There was no excitement. The audience’s applause was tepid.

8/28/2012 9:53 PM UTC

15. Jessica - wrote:

I think that Nygel needs to recognize the skills and the talents that Cyrus has in this competition. America may not love him but he should be promoted to a choregrapher! He definately has a specific genre of dance that no one has ever done before and this style and he would add to the vast amount of different genres to dancing with the stars and the dance industry. Nygel would be crazy to let him go in anyway. Promote him and interpret him in the up coming shows. He is amazing and you would be crazy not to give him what he deserves a great job with you and promoting his dance he is an amazing artist and he would definately give back to the love that he lives “dance”!!!

8/29/2012 5:44 PM UTC

16. From Tampa - wrote:

I have been a fan since the first show, but I am done catching. The judges are ridiculous. The show is So You Think You Can Dance, America’s favorite dancer. There are no longer ANY real judging taking place. I feel that the producers tell the judges are to promote and who to get rid of. I am in my mid forties with a good job. The advertisers should reconsider sponsoring this very fake reality show. This show has been horrible since (really since Brandon lost) 6. All very unfair competition.

8/29/2012 5:45 PM UTC

17. Afroditee - wrote:

George although a beautiful dancer did not connect with the audience, that was his downfall. Cyrus has an intangible quality about him. He is fascinating to watch. That is what makes a star not just technique. Just like this week Che performance was stirring. He connected. His mother should be there every week.

8/29/2012 6:48 PM UTC

18. Linda - wrote:

When did this show become a big brother show about who is the most popular? Cyrus should have never been in the top 20. HE CANT DANCE. Nigel shame on you for thinking he was any different then his two friend who tried out which you quickly dismissed. He may be a nice guy but he is no Twhich. Instead you have let really promising crazy amazing dancer leave. And the choreographers are so catering to his weakness not even having him dance but do lifts for his whole routine. What is that? While you sit there and criticize the other dances for every little thing. Like will has too much personality?? Its ok for Cyrus to have personality but not Will? Well maybe you should change the shows name to So you think you have a great personality? You have lost my vote Mary and Nigel!

8/30/2012 4:14 AM UTC

19. From Tampa - wrote:

I have been a fan since the first show, but I am done catching. The judges are ridiculous. The show is So You Think You Can Dance, America’s favorite dancer. There are no longer ANY real judging taking place. I feel that the producers tell the judges are to promote and who to get rid of. I am in my mid forties with a good job. The advertisers should reconsider sponsoring this very fake reality show. This show has been horrible since season(really since Brandon lost) 6. Very unfair to call this a competition.

9/1/2012 11:52 AM UTC

20. mike duncan - wrote:

Nigel is over actively engaged in SYTYCD, but his age does not reflect the spirit of the young contestants. He should be put to pasture with the dinosaurs. Bring in young judges just like “The Voice” all are young, active and popular.

9/5/2012 11:05 AM UTC

21. Rinabina - wrote:

I honestly thought that so you think you can dance was a show about dancing; about intricate technique and a comprehensive knowledge and the mastering of various styles. I have been watching this season in pure disappointment. While I understand the uniqueness of some of the dancer especially Cyrus, I cannot understand nor do I support the focus that has been place solely on his unique dancing style. Fine he is a good “sticker” but that is ALL he can do. He CANNOT do contemporary, hip hop, lyrical, ballroom or any other dances. The choreographers have sacrificed their integrity by watering down their techniques to cater to his special needs; I mean come one are you serious???!!! he has NEVER danced on the show; he ran around assisted in lifts and not once have the judges critiqued him. Ever other dancer has gotten serious criticisms on things like pointing their toes and dancing from their cores and needing to relax their shoulders a bit but all Cyrus has gotten was praise. I guess every little thing he does comes as an accomplishment so therefore, in their eyes he is growing while dancers like George and Audrey were eliminated. The judges failure to truthfully point out his short comings only highlight their bias for him. So many awesome dancers have gone and Cyrus is still there. Nigel and Mary are hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see Cyrus dance contemporary or ballroom and let me see if those judges praise his lack of talent……….

9/5/2012 5:42 PM UTC

22. Julia - wrote:

Well….I’ve been a huge fan of this show since it started and have recorded and filed every show…Yes…Every show….But that ends after this season. I mean it has been ridiculous….Cyrus should never have been put on the show…..Ever….He’s great at what he does but the other dancers that have been kicked off the show….And I mean kicked!…Has been absolutely absurd. Cyrus cannot dance……At all……The judges have spoken favorably about him each week and yes…They do influence votes when they talk favorably about the dancers and they know it……I cannot believe this season….What a let down…..Nigel….You let us all down this time……And Mary….Your right behind him. I’ll be watching Dancing with the Stars from now on………

9/6/2012 4:51 PM UTC

23. Advisingprincess - wrote:

This show has gone from “appointment TV” to “I’m just too disappointed to watch” because the judges have really let me down. They treat Cyrus with kid gloves and are so condescending by their unwillingness to be critical. I have lost respect for the show, the judges, and you, America.

9/7/2012 8:39 PM UTC

24. Mike - wrote:

If Nigel think Cyrus can dance then he definitely also think superman is real
    What really piss me off is that he thinks America is so f… dumb and stupid that they would believe his lies.
    Shame on all of them and especially on Fox that will air just another load of bull crap from NIGEL THE ”HAS-BEEN”.

9/13/2012 5:07 PM UTC