ALL NEW / **TWO-HOUR SEASON FI...
WED 8/7c SEP 3

Press Call with George and Audrey

Audrey Case and George Lawrence II were eliminated from SYTYCD.

The morning after George Lawrence II and Audrey Case were eliminated from Season 9 of So You Think You Can Dance, they hopped on a press call to chat about choreographers, their future plans, and the tour.

What was the most difficult style of dance?

George – The Foxtrot was the hardest for me. The ballroom technique never really set in my body.

Audrey – Ballroom was the hardest for me too. The Salsa was so out of my element and trying to learn the technique in a week was very difficult.

Which choreographer was your favorite to work with?

George – I always wanted to work with Sonya and I got to work with her the first two weeks. It was a dream come true.

Audrey – Travis was my favorite because he had my favorite piece that I did. He is an amazing person to work with.

Which choreographer was most surprising?

George – When Sonya choreographed my first duet, I was expecting some hard core Jazz. I wasn’t expecting her soft Contemporary piece and it turned out to be my favorite.

Audrey – That was my answer too, but during Mia Michaels’ week I was really scared for my life. But then working with her was such a pleasure and she always tried to explain things to you so you knew what she was asking. I’m glad I got to work with her.

What did you learn from So You Think You Can Dance?

George – I learned that you can do whatever you want to do. Every style every week I had to pull it off for television and America. As long as I knew I put my mind to it, I could accomplishment. You just have to keep going for what you want.

Audrey – No matter what you’re doing, you have to throw your whole self into it full-force. Never let what others might think or expect get in the way of that. You have to go in confident and do what you do best.

Which dances do you want to perform or see on tour?

George – I would love to do my first piece by Sonya, “Turning Page,” with Tiffany. It was so different and Sonya is my favorite choreographer. I’d also like to do the NappyTabs Hip Hop routine where Tiffany and I were babysitters because that one was a lot of fun.

Audrey – The very first routine I was in with Matt was the Titanic piece. It was my all-time favorite piece I’ve ever done.

What are your future plans?

George – [On the call while boarding a plane] I’m headed home now. I just want to chill and rest before I come back for finale. And then we go on tour, so I’m excited. When I’m home I have some teaching jobs, running auditions, and stuff like that to prepare me for tour. After the tour, I would love to dance with some Hip Hop singer. Maybe Beyoncé, Rihanna, or Lady Gaga.

Audrey – I plan on moving out to LA in December or January. I want to just go to auditions and try and get as many jobs as I can, whether it’s acting or dancing.

George – I’ll be moving to LA after the tour too!

What is one thing you hope to accomplish with dance?

George – I just hope to remain dancing around the world. I like to travel, and as long as I’m making money doing what I love to do, it would be a dream come true. I will never have to work a day in my life as long as I’m dancing.

Audrey – I hope that my dance career can last as long as it can, and afterwards I’d love to teach others to dance.

>>Buy tickets to see Audrey, George, and the rest of the Top 10 on tour.

Comments

13 comments on “Press Call with George and Audrey“

1. rwaguesp - wrote:

I really can’t believe that Cryus is still in the competition, when George was sent home tonight. So many great dancer were sent home for someone who can not dance what so ever. I can not believe this is America voting, the competition seems to be rigged. If this continues, I will stop watching all together, I can’t trust in the system/voting. The producers are risking killing the show with the way this is playing out. There is no way that Cryus should be in the top ten. He is yet to really have to dance in the competition. This does not seem to be by chance, this seems to be staged. Shame on you for sending home some many more talented dancers.

8/23/2012 10:32 AM UTC

2. Mackenzie - wrote:

Ok i didnt know where to put this comment so I just put it here. PLEASE go back to the old format. I HATE how we only have one show a week! They could of been horrible the week before and amazing the next!!! And then they leave!! Like brandon and anmber. They did amazing!!! And you guys love seatlle. Why is tour not coming to seatlle for the second time? I love the tour and I dont even get to see it!!!! Please fix these issues or I will stop watching the show.

8/24/2012 10:23 AM UTC

3. ;) - wrote:

I loved Audrey she was amazing! Loved her dance with twich!

8/27/2012 6:06 PM UTC

4. Sarah - wrote:

I am an old school modern dance teacher….Martha Graham style. I only started watching SYTYCD last year because I hate reality shows and I really don’t like dance “competitions” for more reasons than can be explained here. I am extremely disappointed this year. How Witney could be saved twice especially over Audrey is beyond comprehensible. I have yet to see her do a pirouette into a develope or a leap! And while I admire Cyrus for what he can do, he has not been challenged dance wise and the choreographers choreograph around him to not show his lack of technique while more technical dancers are being pushed to the limits and voted off the show. I have stopped watching the show.

8/29/2012 6:39 PM UTC

5. Emily - wrote:

I agree that George should not have been sent home. I haven’t gotten a chance to vote because we don’t have TV and do all of our media viewing online, but George was my favorite male dancer. Not only that, but I believed his dance last week, which Nigel was unkind to, was excellent and fun to watch. He crosses over through different styles so easily and has a great connection no matter who his partner is. I felt that his skill was the most diverse. I also thought Audrey did amazing in the hip hop dance with Twitch. I wasn’t expecting much after the earlier work of the choreographer in that show, but she kicked some A$$. ;) .

8/29/2012 7:55 PM UTC

6. Sarah - wrote:

Witney was yet again in the bottom 2 and saved for a third time. I think there is something rotten in the state of SYTYCD.

8/30/2012 3:25 AM UTC

7. joan - wrote:

all the dancers are great this year….BUT, WHEN YOU ARE
    IN THE BOTTOM…. 3X …. YOU SHOULD BE OUT!! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN WHITNEY TO GO!!!…… AFTER ALL, THIS IS -AMERICAS- FAVORITE, IT IS OBVIOUS IF YOU ARE IN THE BOTTOM 3 TIMES, YOU SHOULD BE OUT… I
    DONT CARE ABOUT THE REST… 3X !!!! AND WHITNEY
    IS NOT AS HUMBLE AS THE OTHER YOUNG LADY

8/30/2012 8:51 AM UTC

8. Missy - wrote:

I have been watching every episode since season 4. This is the first time I have been truely disappointed with the show. The new format makes it very difficult to get to know the dancers. My mother and I meet every week to watch the show together and fight over our favorite dancers. Now we get together and can barely remember what they have done each week! Just when you get to know them they’re gone! I liked when they mixed up all the dancers where sometimes the guys danced w/ each other and I love watching them w/ the All Stars. I would also like to see more group dances brough back.

8/30/2012 9:23 AM UTC

9. Ljean - wrote:

I must tell the world that my favorite show is dead after seeing the 8/29 results! I will not watch this abomination of “voting” which must be rigged if they allow a very marginally-talented kid like Cyrus to remain and all those super talented kids get let go. Is the American public so stupid and brain-dead to keep supporting and watching such crap?? They string along the audience to have some ratings just to keep the advertisers and make the telecom companies a fortune in fees! THE SHOW HAS BECOME A JOKE! SHAME ON THE WHOLE LOT YOU!

8/30/2012 12:15 PM UTC

10. Jenn - wrote:

I’ve been a fan since season 1 but I have stopped watching since I feel that every dancer has been challenged excepted Cyrus. Why??? Because he can’t dance on the professional level like the rest !!! Kids with years of dance class are voted off but not him?????? Anyways were not fans of SYTYCD anymore the voting is not fair at all!!!!!

8/31/2012 6:22 PM UTC

11. Jane - wrote:

My husband and I are very disappointed with seeing great dancers go home while Cyrus stays. Every week the judges say things like “was it perfect, no, but we love you, you are great!” when he does a marginal performance. Chehon and Cole get criticized for every minor deviation from ballroom perfection, with the judges expressing disappointment loudly. There seems to be a double standard here, and we will stop watching this show if this kind of unfairness continues.

9/6/2012 9:11 AM UTC

12. Fan - wrote:

I have to agree with those who have already commented. I love this show and I rarely watch, let alone love, reality/game/competition shows – and while I appreciate keeping things fresh and new, I really loved the old format. There is this weird mixture of strong and weak dancers lumped together rather than a group of well rounded individuals that can bring both technique and personality to the show. I am disappointed with how many talented dancers have been sent home in the place of other weaker dancers over some ignorant voting. I completely agree that this show has been giving it up to the American public to recover their ratings…which may prove detrimental in the end. Here’s to hoping things will improve so we can continue to meet great coreo and dancers!

9/6/2012 6:43 PM UTC

13. DaNa MiraNda - wrote:

Wow ! amazing very talented i hope next time ill be there , if i wll given a chance to perform i will dance well and sing like whitney houston song ! =)

12/28/2012 9:38 PM UTC