WED 8/7c JUL 30

SYTYCD Earns SIX Emmy Nominations

So You Think You Can Dance earns 6 Emmy nominations

The 64th Primetime Emmy Nominations were announced this morning, and So You Think You Can Dance earned a very impressive SIX Emmy nominations!

The nominations are as follows:

In the show’s history (including these 6 nominations), So You Think You Can Dance has earned 29 nominations and won 9.

The Emmy award show will take place on September 23. Check back here on September 24th to see how So You Think You Can Dance did.

Congrats to all of the nominees!

View photos of Emmy nominated routines from seasons past.

Comments

10 comments on “SYTYCD Earns SIX Emmy Nominations“

1. Codyj - wrote:

That is really fantastic news….and all are so deserving!! I just can’t get enough of SYTYCD!! XOXO

7/22/2012 6:57 AM UTC

2. jla - wrote:

I don’t like this seasons way of voting and eliminating. Fox you need to give SYTYCD two nights so viewers can get the results in a different show. Eliminating them on the same night they dance so hard and well stinks.

7/25/2012 6:02 PM UTC

3. Korey - wrote:

All deserved. Especially excited to see Misty Blue on here. But where is Turn To Stone?!

7/25/2012 6:30 PM UTC

4. LuKasAV6 - wrote:

So glad to see Christopher Scott get recognized by the Emmy voting committee. Sasha and Twitch’s performance to Misty Blue is unforgettable!

7/25/2012 6:42 PM UTC

5. Cierra - wrote:

The episode tonite made it incredibly clear to me that this show is rigged. To make eliana and amber dance for their lives should have been a joke. The ballroom dancer Is pretty and great but she is not even comparible to eliana or amber! Hopefully for now on the judges start eliminating based off the dancing! Let’s be fair here… Love the show so please don’t begin to disappoint!

7/25/2012 7:08 PM UTC

6. Mac McFadden - wrote:

Congrats to Stacey Tookey, Christopher Scott, and Spencer Liff.
    Fantastic choreography, as always.
    Also congrats to Cat Deeley and the lighting director and crew.

I am 66, and have been watching TV for a lot of years.
    SYTYCD is by FAR the best dance program EVER aired on television.
    I want to thank the producers, crew, and Fox Network for making it possible. And of course, thanks to an amazing group of talented dancers over the past 9 seasons.

7/26/2012 12:54 AM UTC

7. Chris - wrote:

Congrats on the Emmy nominations. My wife and I both think this is the best show on TV bar none. We look forward to it each year and are both upset that it has been cut to only one night a week. I hope FOX reconsiders for next year and reinstates the two night format and even more episodes as we are also dissapointed that it was cut for the Allstar game and now two weeks for the Olympics.

7/26/2012 6:50 AM UTC

8. Vildan - wrote:

Shasha, don’t have your possie start asuccing Melaine of not being challenged in other dance form, in a lame attempt to push yourself up. You don’t want to go head to head with her on technique. Yes you have talent, but girl, you are so sloppy from your knees down, it hurts me to watch you move your feet. Melaine has no such problem.She went head to head with you last week and wow, put it in slow motion and take a good hard look from the knees down. You will see.So just concentrate on your own dancing, and try to improve your extension from the knees down. If you even know what that means.

8/7/2012 5:52 PM UTC

9. Jane - wrote:

Congrats on the Emmy nominations. Christopher’s choreographed dance with Twitch and Sasha to Misty Blue (one of my favorite soul songs) that was nominated has been my favorite on SYTYCD so far. Despite the creativity each week, I can’t imagine another perfect match between song, dancers and choreography ever topping this one. My daughter and I have watched it hundreds of times and never tire of it. It’s just brilliant!

8/9/2012 9:14 PM UTC

10. Valerie Shennar - wrote:

This dance is by far the best routine EVER! I have it recorded on my television and watch it probably 3 times a week! I love it! I think Sasha and Twitch were AMAZING! Great Job Christopher Scott!

9/9/2012 6:57 PM UTC