So You Think You Can Dance 2012 Voting by SMS Terms & Conditions

SMS Voting Terms

So You Think You Can Dance voting via SMS from your mobile device – votes will only be accepted under the following regulations:

1. To participate, text the promoted keyword (dancers’ first name) to the short code: i.e., “Text JOE to 83676”
2. Your carrier’s standard message and data rates may apply
3. To opt-out of the promotion at any time, send STOP, QUIT, CANCEL, END or UNSUBSCRIBE to 83676

4. To get help with voting by SMS, send HELP to 83676, or e-mail Telescope customer service at
info@telescope.tv

Requirements/Instructions

• Use a wireless device capable of two-way messaging
• Provide their own wireless device
• Be using a participating service provider/carrier
• Be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging services
• Be a wireless service subscriber with a participating carrier with a telephone area code from within the 50 US States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands
• Participating carriers in the US are:

• AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, Nextel, Boost, Alltel, U.S. Cellular, Virgin Mobile, Dobson, Cincinnati Bell, Cellular South, NTELOS, CellCom, Carolina West, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One, Centennial Communications, EKN, GCI Comms, Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix, Inland Cellular, Nex-Tech, Revol, United Wireless, West Central Wireless

Data Rates/Charges

Message and data rates may apply.  A wireless service provider may charge for each text message that is sent and received.  Messages sent and received include:

• SMS/text votes sent;
• THANKS FOR VOTING message received;
• STOP message sent;
• HELP message sent;
• VOTING CLOSED message received; and
• UNRECOGNIZABLE message received.

Please make sure you do the following:

• Consult your wireless service provider regarding their pricing plans.
• Message and data charges will appear on the customer’s cell phone bill or be deducted from their prepaid account.

SMS Services

The service is offered on an ‘as is’ basis and

• May not be available in all areas at all times;
• May not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by your wireless carrier;
• Administrator(s) are not responsible for damages from use of service;
• Without notice the service can change or be discontinued;
• At any time by giving prior notice charges can be incurred and disagreeing to charges would discontinue the service.

FOX Broadcasting Company (“FOX”), 19 TV Limited, dick clark productions, inc.  (collectively, “Producers”) and/or Telescope, Inc., and the administrators of So You Think You Can Dance, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated entities and any persons employed by any of the foregoing, are not responsible and shall not be liable for any losses/injuries or any kind resulting from lost, incomplete, late, damaged or misdirected votes; inability to access the voting; difficulties, failures or malfunctions of computers and/or Internet connections or wireless services or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network, server; failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion or for any technical problem which may cause the voting to be disrupted or corrupted; computer on-line systems, telecast, or cable malfunctions; human error; satellite transmission failures or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise the promotion; any damage to entrants or any third person’s computer and/or wireless device, and/or its contents related to or resulting from this promotion; any votes that are not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions (such votes to be deemed disqualified), nor any other loss directly or indirectly caused by participation in this promotion or related voting.

Producers reserve the absolute right to disqualify any voter (and/or their respective vote(s)) who votes by any electronic, mechanical or automated means, or otherwise tampers with the voting process or promotion, or for any other reason, as determined by Producers in their sole discretion.

By voting via the text voting method, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and are granting FOX and its vendors the right to collect and use your cell phone number to validate the vote and for other permissible purposes set forth in the governing privacy policy located at http://www.fox.com/policy.php .

This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California applicable to contracts made and fully to be performed therein. All actions, proceedings or litigation brought by either party against the other party shall be arbitrated by, and under the rules of, J.A.M.S./Endispute in binding arbitration in Los Angeles, California and before a mutually selected arbitrator.

For more information on So You Think You Can Dance, including voting Frequently Asked Questions please go to http://www.fox.com/dance.

Comments

75 comments on “So You Think You Can Dance 2012 Voting by SMS Terms & Conditions“

1. Aidia Powell - wrote:

I think Ameilia and Will should win because they are VERY talented,made a great performance and they gave it they’re best!!!
    Nice job Ameilia and Will!

7/11/2012 5:16 PM UTC

2. Michael Harringotn - wrote:

Great Show opener and A lot of Talented artists. Really looking forward to a Exciting season.

7/11/2012 6:08 PM UTC

3. Nyfisa - wrote:

How many times can you vote through sms?

7/11/2012 6:22 PM UTC

4. Bree - wrote:

Go Audrey!!!

7/11/2012 7:23 PM UTC

5. Sandie Lawson - wrote:

I voted for Eliana and Cyrus when I was told to and I got the message that voting was not open in my area. What’s up with that

7/11/2012 8:03 PM UTC

6. Lynda - wrote:

Where can I find Janaya’s top she is wearing tonight Wed. July 11, 2012. please

7/11/2012 9:11 PM UTC

7. Joyce & Leon - wrote:

How are you suppose to vote when you have supposedly 2 hours on line and we go on at 10:30 and it says the online voting is over. I DON’T GET IT!!!!! We can not vote because it says it is closed.

7/11/2012 9:51 PM UTC

8. Michelle - wrote:

I’m really upset that I can’t text my votes until 2 hours after the show. I am not up that late, and as a result I will most likely not vote at all.

7/12/2012 6:31 PM UTC

9. joey - wrote:

make voting easier! You bitch n moan about the viewer not voting &then make it next to impossible to vote?? C’mon nigel! Some mogul you are! Rule #1 the simpler the better!

7/13/2012 1:48 PM UTC

10. Kayleigh - wrote:

Go Tiffany!!! :)

7/18/2012 4:22 PM UTC

11. Jas - wrote:

Go Cyrus!!!!

7/18/2012 6:03 PM UTC

12. Samantha - wrote:

I just so love Amelia, her talent is so effortless

7/18/2012 6:05 PM UTC

13. Audrey - wrote:

Go audrey I lovey!!!!!!!!

7/18/2012 6:06 PM UTC

14. Lorain - wrote:

Vote for Tiffany. She is no doubt the Best
    Of the girl dancers. Also so Ptetty
    Orlando Fan :)

7/18/2012 6:07 PM UTC

15. Jamie - wrote:

Tiffany Maher is absolutely stunning and an outrageous dancer!

7/18/2012 6:08 PM UTC

16. Lily - wrote:

Pls every one vote for Cyrus he is really amazing. He has never taken any dance class and look how awesome he is. I love him!

7/18/2012 6:09 PM UTC

17. Vic - wrote:

Whenever I text “daniel” , or “Alexa” I get te unrecognized message?

7/18/2012 6:10 PM UTC

18. Edward Green - wrote:

How many times can you vote for one person via text?

7/18/2012 6:14 PM UTC

19. andrea - wrote:

U can start voiting after the show and voiting is open for 2 hours after the show I’ve had no problem texting my votes

7/18/2012 6:19 PM UTC

20. Melanie - wrote:

I can’t stay up two hours to vote. I don’t care that much. Pretty biased voting if they make it so hard for this time zone.

7/18/2012 6:22 PM UTC

21. Holly Beth - wrote:

Hey, u really need to make this easier and right after the show we need to vote. I forget who wa the best

7/18/2012 6:23 PM UTC

22. Dance369 - wrote:

I live in Florida and I voted at exactly 10:00 when the show ends for a couple of my favorites and they replyed: SYTYCD:Thx4 voting 4 (whoever you voted for)! 4 results see SYTYCD nxt Wed on FOX. Msg&data rates may apply. Terms: FOX.com/dance/terms Send HELP for help, send STOP to stop. So, I guess it went through what I think the problem is is that thy make it sound like you have to wait two hours to 12:00 to vote when actually that’s when the voting ends

7/18/2012 6:26 PM UTC

23. Vic - wrote:

Disregard the message above ^ DVR.

7/18/2012 6:31 PM UTC

24. Renee - wrote:

The show was great tonight!!!! I loved a lot of the dances!!!! I am extremely mad that Alexa and Daniel were eliminated :( They were my two favorites.

7/18/2012 6:38 PM UTC

25. Kayla - wrote:

Its not letting me vote for janaya… It says I have her name wrong.

7/18/2012 6:53 PM UTC

26. WB - wrote:

I don’t get it either–on the west coast and apparently can’t vote at all. Got this message:

SYTYCD: Voting not open in ur region. Voting open 2hrs after
    show.
    Wtf?

7/18/2012 8:09 PM UTC

27. Brian - wrote:

It is 11:45 pm now (2 hours and 45 minutes after the show ended & it’s still saying voting not open in my area when I try to text in my vote. What the flip!!!

7/18/2012 8:48 PM UTC

28. Julie - wrote:

There was nothing missing from Daniel and Alexa’s performance. They were spectacular! The top 20 are all superstars! I don’t think anyone should be eliminated during the first few shows. SYTYCD is the best show of its kind!

7/18/2012 9:01 PM UTC

29. mykidsaretheone - wrote:

This is by far the best season, so much talent. I want to let the contestants Know how talent you guys are. Thanks for a great season.

7/18/2012 10:01 PM UTC

30. margie - wrote:

SERIOUSLY???? WE CAN’T VOTE FOR TWO HOURS????? IT’S SEEMS ONLY PEOPLE IN CALIFORNIA OR MIDWEST WILL BE ABLE TO VOTE. IF YOU LIVE ON THE EAST COAST YOU HAVE TO STAY UP UNTIL 11:30 OR 12:00AM?????

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING????????????????

7/20/2012 5:59 PM UTC

31. Walker7 - wrote:

As for Renee and Julie, I feel the same way you do. The eliminations of Alexa and Daniel made this one of the most heartbreaking first eliminations of any season in the history of SYTYCD. It would have been great to see their solos, or at least for the judges to let them continue in the competition. I can only hope that at some time, these contestants will get another chance to come back in a future season. Season 9 just won’t be the same anymore without them.

7/21/2012 10:26 PM UTC

32. Talie - wrote:

I too could not vote. What’s going on? Better change back to last years voting

7/25/2012 7:11 AM UTC

33. MGC - wrote:

The eliminations for tonight was a disappointment… Amber did not deserve to go home, however Brandon the stepper should have never been on there in the first place. What are the judges thinking? You had so many other well deserved talented people who should have filled that spot… What a waste of time…

7/25/2012 7:08 PM UTC

34. KT Pierce - wrote:

I AM SOOOO ANGRY!!!!! I want to vote via phone or SMS, but because I live in Los Angeles and I have an Alabama phone number, I’m not allowed to vote. THIS IS TOTAL BS. I AM SO MAD. It’s not fair that I am in LA and my votes don’t count because voting is over on the East Coast. I AM FUMING.

Please add the maximum votes allowed for me for:

Amelia, Cyrus, Dareian, Janelle, & Witney.

It’s not fair at all that my votes won’t count.

7/25/2012 9:18 PM UTC

35. Erika - wrote:

@kt pierce: you either gotta vote from land line or vote during alabama’s time zone. Hope this helps.

7/26/2012 8:08 AM UTC

36. SMW4NBH - wrote:

Really disappointed to see how the new format is going to work. Amber does a phenomenal routine with Brandon yet gets sent home because of her ballroom dance with awkward Nick the week before. Those two should’ve never been paired together. They were complete opposites. Now that Brandon and Amber are gone the dancers with the most swag are Darean and Tiffany!? That’s messed up. The hip hop this season is not going to be as hard hitting as it should be. I was praying for Eleana to get voted off so I wouldn’t have to watch her awkwardness anymore, but all I can do now is hope for her to get the axe next month when the show returns!

7/26/2012 1:13 PM UTC

37. wB - wrote:

8/1 rerun? Sytycd is afraid of NBC Olympics !

8/1/2012 8:43 PM UTC

38. Cristal - wrote:

Because I live in Florida (Jacksonville) I CANT VOTE!! which REEEALLY DOES SUCK! bc Lindsey shud of Been in the TOP 10!

8/15/2012 5:40 PM UTC

39. Nettie - wrote:

Chehon….wow such an awesome dancer!!! And Eleana 2!!!!!!!

8/15/2012 6:24 PM UTC

40. Sherri - wrote:

Does the show have CDs of the performances of each seasons? I luv the show and tonight u showed a few of my favorite ones. I would like to have them. I will miss u Amelia.

8/15/2012 6:30 PM UTC

41. Sherri - wrote:

Luv sytycd. Do you have DVD’s of the season’s? Some of my favorites were shown tonight. Also Amelia will be GREATLY missed.

8/15/2012 6:40 PM UTC

42. Ms.unruley - wrote:

Cyrus you go boy

8/20/2012 6:26 PM UTC

43. Ellen - wrote:

Really hate the format this season! Why does it change every season? I liked the season when they were paired with different All stars for each dance. Amelia is missed! Cyrus I like him but I think people who dance way better than him are missing their chances because he has a like able personality not because he can dance….this is a dance competition!!

8/22/2012 6:47 PM UTC

44. Ellen - wrote:

Chehon is getting all my votes!!! Love him!!

8/22/2012 6:51 PM UTC

45. Arly - wrote:

My daughter and I loved the show but we r very disappointed that Amelia and Matthew were eliminated, they are great dancers!!! I know that Cyrus is trying but I can believe he is still on the show taking someone else’s place with much more talent like Matthew or Darien.
    We loved Will and Cole, for the girls it’s hard to say because all the remaining girls are super talented!!!

8/23/2012 4:35 AM UTC

46. tbug - wrote:

CYRUS is amazeballs.. talent and creativity for days. That boy has a pure gift that comes from within. I get chills watching him. peace+l•ve

8/29/2012 6:13 PM UTC

47. Abi - wrote:

These dancers are amazing! The choreographers are fantastic at what they are doing. This it favorite show for sure! Cyrus is so talented guys. Elliana is just gorgeous! Everyone on this show is incredibly talented. Great job guys!!!

8/29/2012 6:30 PM UTC

48. 8/29/2012 - wrote:

Most SYTYCD top 20 contestants were blessed to have parents with the money, time and commitment to be dance moms and dance dads year after year. Many people with talent but without training might not have the perseverence to dance anyway. Most people without years of training would lack the courage to compete publicly against dancers who have been training since early childhood. Cyrus lacked years of childhood training, but clearly has natural talent, learns quickly, and most importantly, has COURAGE. The C in Cyrus stands for COURAGE. Go Cyrus! Show the world what a man can do when he has COURAGE.

8/29/2012 10:06 PM UTC

49. Bonnie - wrote:

Your system won’t let anyone vote. Kindly fix it!

9/5/2012 6:14 PM UTC

50. Jenny - wrote:

I have never voted for anyone unless I was really impressed with their skill. I have voted more times for Cyrus than I have for any other contestant on any other show combined! He puts me in a trance when he dances and I can’t stop watching him when he is in his genre! Coming from a skinny white girl with no dancing talent that may not be saying much….but I love that he hasn’t spent years in a studio with instuctors and that he has helped create this new style that is hypnotic! I don’t care for club music or even techno, I am just a plain ole country music kinda girl….and he is by far my favorite in any show thus far! GO CYRUS!!

9/5/2012 6:18 PM UTC