SEASON PREMIERE
WED 8/7c MAY 28

So You Think You Can Dance 2012 Voting by SMS Terms & Conditions

SMS Voting Terms

So You Think You Can Dance voting via SMS from your mobile device – votes will only be accepted under the following regulations:

1. To participate, text the promoted keyword (dancers’ first name) to the short code: i.e., “Text JOE to 83676”
2. Your carrier’s standard message and data rates may apply
3. To opt-out of the promotion at any time, send STOP, QUIT, CANCEL, END or UNSUBSCRIBE to 83676

4. To get help with voting by SMS, send HELP to 83676, or e-mail Telescope customer service at
info@telescope.tv

Requirements/Instructions

• Use a wireless device capable of two-way messaging
• Provide their own wireless device
• Be using a participating service provider/carrier
• Be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging services
• Be a wireless service subscriber with a participating carrier with a telephone area code from within the 50 US States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands
• Participating carriers in the US are:

• AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, Nextel, Boost, Alltel, U.S. Cellular, Virgin Mobile, Dobson, Cincinnati Bell, Cellular South, NTELOS, CellCom, Carolina West, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One, Centennial Communications, EKN, GCI Comms, Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix, Inland Cellular, Nex-Tech, Revol, United Wireless, West Central Wireless

Data Rates/Charges

Message and data rates may apply.  A wireless service provider may charge for each text message that is sent and received.  Messages sent and received include:

• SMS/text votes sent;
• THANKS FOR VOTING message received;
• STOP message sent;
• HELP message sent;
• VOTING CLOSED message received; and
• UNRECOGNIZABLE message received.

Please make sure you do the following:

• Consult your wireless service provider regarding their pricing plans.
• Message and data charges will appear on the customer’s cell phone bill or be deducted from their prepaid account.

SMS Services

The service is offered on an ‘as is’ basis and

• May not be available in all areas at all times;
• May not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by your wireless carrier;
• Administrator(s) are not responsible for damages from use of service;
• Without notice the service can change or be discontinued;
• At any time by giving prior notice charges can be incurred and disagreeing to charges would discontinue the service.

FOX Broadcasting Company (“FOX”), 19 TV Limited, dick clark productions, inc.  (collectively, “Producers”) and/or Telescope, Inc., and the administrators of So You Think You Can Dance, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated entities and any persons employed by any of the foregoing, are not responsible and shall not be liable for any losses/injuries or any kind resulting from lost, incomplete, late, damaged or misdirected votes; inability to access the voting; difficulties, failures or malfunctions of computers and/or Internet connections or wireless services or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network, server; failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion or for any technical problem which may cause the voting to be disrupted or corrupted; computer on-line systems, telecast, or cable malfunctions; human error; satellite transmission failures or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise the promotion; any damage to entrants or any third person’s computer and/or wireless device, and/or its contents related to or resulting from this promotion; any votes that are not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions (such votes to be deemed disqualified), nor any other loss directly or indirectly caused by participation in this promotion or related voting.

Producers reserve the absolute right to disqualify any voter (and/or their respective vote(s)) who votes by any electronic, mechanical or automated means, or otherwise tampers with the voting process or promotion, or for any other reason, as determined by Producers in their sole discretion.

By voting via the text voting method, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and are granting FOX and its vendors the right to collect and use your cell phone number to validate the vote and for other permissible purposes set forth in the governing privacy policy located at http://www.fox.com/policy.php .

This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California applicable to contracts made and fully to be performed therein. All actions, proceedings or litigation brought by either party against the other party shall be arbitrated by, and under the rules of, J.A.M.S./Endispute in binding arbitration in Los Angeles, California and before a mutually selected arbitrator.

For more information on So You Think You Can Dance, including voting Frequently Asked Questions please go to http://www.fox.com/dance.

Comments

75 comments on “So You Think You Can Dance 2012 Voting by SMS Terms & Conditions“

1. logun - wrote:

The show is over. I watched it. When I vote it says I have to wait for the show to end. WTF?

9/5/2012 6:21 PM UTC

2. Cheri - wrote:

Kat has to stop calling dance “stuff”. Every time she says “that’s really good stuff” I cringe and I’m embarrassed for the quality of the show. She should have a more developed vocabulary.

9/5/2012 7:54 PM UTC

3. Jackie - wrote:

Don’t get it! Can we vote or what? Did they even show numbers? Sheesh!

9/5/2012 10:34 PM UTC

4. Laura - wrote:

I hate this new way of voting!! Why do I have to wait until 1am to vote. What if people are asleep, this seems really rigged to me.

9/5/2012 11:09 PM UTC

5. Naomi - wrote:

Love SYTYCD. Not at all the normal demographic but watch faithfully. Wish they would call them “pieces” rather than routines which makes them sound a bit like cheer leading things. I’m a fellow alum of Interlochen’s dance dept. like Mia. She is so fantastico. I am a great admirer. I constantly recommend her to my friend Janet who also went to IAA and is artistic dir. of Graham Co. Cheers.

9/5/2012 11:19 PM UTC

6. sytycdfan - wrote:

I am very unhappy that Cole was voted out last night. I think Cyrus should have been voted out instead. Cole is an excellent dancer and can dance all the different styles very well. Cyrus has a hard time with the other styles and can only do his style well in my opinion. When the judges critique the dancers they talk about their dancing, what they did wrong, how to improve, etc, they talk about their DANCING but with Cyrus they just say I love you, you did great, no comments about the dancing. I do not think this is right, if you are going to saying something bad about the other talented dancers then say something about his lack of dancing as well. It is called So You Think You Can Dance afterall. They make you go through a very tough series of dances to get on the show and cut some amazing dancers and they let people like Cyrus in because of this personality and cut people who frankly are better dancers than him. It is a dancing competition, America’s favorite dancer, not favorite personality. I just don’t think its right, Cyrus seems like a nice guy, but he just is not as good as some of these dancers especially Cole.

9/6/2012 4:31 AM UTC

7. sytycdfan - wrote:

9/6/2012 4:40 AM UTC

8. sytycdfan - wrote:

I am very unhappy that Cole was voted out last night. I think Cyrus should have been voted out instead. Cole is an excellent dancer and can dance all the different styles very well. Cyrus has a hard time with the other styles and can only do his style well in my opinion. When the judges critique the dancers they talk about their DANCING, what they did wrong, how to improve, etc, but with Cyrus they just say I love you, you did great, no comments about his dancing. I do not think this is right, if you are going to saying something bad about the other talented dancers then say something about his lack of dancing as well. It’s a dancing competition, not a personality competition.

9/6/2012 5:37 AM UTC

9. chris lawson - wrote:

CYRUS IS THE MAN!!!!!

9/11/2012 5:29 PM UTC

10. Greta - wrote:

I LOVE CYRUS!!!!!!!!!! I THINK HE’S AN EXCELLENT DANCER I LOVE THAT KINDA STYLE THAT HE DOES! HE’S MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!!!

9/11/2012 6:04 PM UTC

11. Kirkat - wrote:

Cyrus!!!!!!!

9/11/2012 6:14 PM UTC

12. Gennell - wrote:

I thought the way Nigel told Cyrus he wasnt going to vote for him was soooooo cruel and unnecessary !!
    Cyrus just danced his heart out and that WASN’T the time to say that.
    Brought the excitement way down for the end of the show.
    It’s not about his vote, it’s Americas vote

9/11/2012 6:17 PM UTC

13. Gina Sowa-Pratt - wrote:

Cyrus and Twitch were STUNNING together today! I wanted more! I love how they started off in the box looking thing and they smashed the glass n______n so creative they are like moving stop motion people, but with out all the bloody photos! It was brilliant and I want more, when they started I grabbed the Tv romote and hit RECORD hehe c: Kat was really getting on my nerves, she tries to make “smart” remarks on EVERYTHING. Grrr still , this was an amazing night. Good luck to all the dancers <3

9/11/2012 6:29 PM UTC

14. Mittromney - wrote:

Cyrus gets my vote. Anime

9/11/2012 6:33 PM UTC

15. Melissa - wrote:

I was also VERY surprised that Cole was sent home. He was my ABSOLUTE favorite! And the pasa doble’ (not exactly sure how to spell that) what’s the best I’ve seen on that show! I hope that being on SYTYCD will get him recognized.

9/11/2012 6:53 PM UTC

16. T - wrote:

I think Cyrus and keyon r both great in what they do. I am very upset with Nigel’s comment ” I’m not going to vote for u tnght Cyrus, I’m voting for keyon” I think it was very very cold, a little confusing and heartbreaking exspecially since Nigel has been supporting Cyrus throughout the season. I’ve been watching this show forever and I love Nigel but tnght I think he was very cold and rude! Honestly I hope all of America vote for Cyrus and may the best man win. On a happier note, loved the twitch and Cyrus routine and I’ve been following Twitch since he’s been on the show. Good luck Cyrus! When u dance you give me goosebumps !!!! Very courageous.

9/11/2012 7:15 PM UTC

17. T - wrote:

I think Cyrus and keyon r both great in what they do. I am very upset with Nigel’s comment ” I’m not going to vote for u tnght Cyrus, I’m voting for keyon” I think it was very very cold, a little confusing and heartbreaking exspecially since Nigel has been supporting Cyrus throughout the season. I’ve been watching this show forever and I love Nigel but tnght I think he was very cold and rude! Honestly I hope all of America vote for Cyrus and may the best dancer win. On a happier note, loved the twitch and Cyrus routine and I’ve been following Twitch since he’s been on the show. Good luck Cyrus! When u dance you give me goosebumps !!!! Very courageous.

9/11/2012 7:17 PM UTC

18. Mary Dockum - wrote:

I want to vote too but i dont want to have to read directions to’ do so.

9/11/2012 8:32 PM UTC

19. Meers - wrote:

i just want to comment to say that i completely agree with you sytycdfan, they cut him way too much slack. He is a GOOD dancer but not a versatile one and definitely not as good as Cole. It saddens me that they’d criticize the rest for not being as strong when outside their genre, and yet when it comes to cyrus its this: (to paraphrase) “you were amazing! were the lines all correct? no, but this is outside your genre and i still enjoyed it, your charisma! your passion!…” etc
    Its definitely not fair. I’m glad that Nigel is on his right mind with supporting chehon over cyrus, nevertheless that is only one vote out of millions, and i’m afraid america will vote for cyrus because of his “hard work”, as if the other dancers don’t work that hard.
    Again, they cut him way too much slack.

I’m sure cole would have been in the finale if it weren’t for the retarded voting system; the Mia Michaels Bull routine he did was phenomenal but there was no chance for america to vote for it because the voting was done the week before, meaning that entire performance episode was useless :s

9/12/2012 6:42 PM UTC

20. Heather Bean - wrote:

I’m sad that niegel threw Cyrus under the bus he’s one of my favorites to win if I had one thing to say to Niegel would probably not be very nice one’s.

9/13/2012 1:56 PM UTC

21. JAlamo - wrote:

Cyrus is the man, this guy brings it to the plate evrytile he is up on that stage. Big fan

9/13/2012 4:50 PM UTC

22. JAlamo - wrote:

The comment made by Nigel was a downer and confusing. I mean why even comment it just keep it to yourself. Take care Cyrus and best of luck my friend. I am a fan And I. Other for you

9/13/2012 4:54 PM UTC

23. ct - wrote:

I was so disappointed to see Keyon win tonight. I feel Cyrus was truly America’s favorite dancer. Nigel had even said so himself however, after Nigel made the comment about not voting for Cyrus because he hadn’t had formal training he ruined it for Cyrus. Nigel should not have said such a thing & he did Cyrus a disservice. If Nigel had kept quiet, Cyrus could have won. The show is for America’s favorite dancer, not the most trained dancer. Nigel, you owe Curus…

9/18/2012 10:23 PM UTC

24. Keerley - wrote:

Why cant I vote???? They keep on saying that I can’t vote because I am not in the same region!!! I don’t get it ????!!!Wat is wrong with LA?? I loved katlyn and michell!!! And I do it after the show?? I luv the show!!!

11/19/2012 3:17 PM UTC