WED 8/7c JUL 23

Season 9 Schedule

SYTYCD is back for its ninth season!

DON’T EVER STOP!

FOR FIRST TIME EVER TWO DANCERS

ONE MALE CONTESTANT AND ONE FEMALE CONTESTANT WILL WIN THE COMPETITION

Audition Episodes Continue in Los Angeles, Wednesday, May 30;

Atlanta on Wednesday, June 6; and Salt Lake City on Wednesday, June 13

Las Vegas Callback Episode Airs Wednesday, June 20;

Top 20 Revealed on Special 200th Episode Wednesday, June 27

First Performance Show Airs Wednesday, July 11

The ninth season of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE debuts with auditions from Dallas and New York on a two-hour premiere event airing on a special night, Thursday, May 24 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The following week, the Emmy-nominated series moves into its regular time period, with audition episodes continuing in Los Angeles Wednesday, May 30 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), in Atlanta on Wednesday, June 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and in Salt Lake City on Wednesday, June 13 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT)

Talented dancers who spark the judges’ interest during these auditions will be invited to Las Vegas for the callback round airing Wednesday, June 20 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). Then, on Wednesday, June 27 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) the series celebrates its 200th episode, as the judges announce the Top 20 finalists – 10 guys and 10 girls – who will perform in their own specialties, free of any judgment, so that America can get to know more about them and their talents

Beginning Wednesday, July 11 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the Top 20 finalists will be paired up to perform for the first time. The following week, the couples at risk after the prior week’s performances will be asked to perform solo routines. Then, the judges will decide which guy and girl are eliminated. If a couple is split apart, the two individual dancers who remain become a couple.

Once the series is down to the Top 10, each finalist will be joined by a SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE All-Star dancer. These All-Stars are experts in various styles of dance – Ballroom, Ballet, Hip-Hop, Contemporary and Jazz – and will partner with one of the Top 10 finalists to perform in their specialty. Each week, it will be revealed who keeps dancing and who goes home

Featuring Emmy-nominated host Cat Deeley and resident judges Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy, as well as guest judges Debbie Allen, Lil’ C, Tyce Diorio, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Adam Shankman, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE will air once a week this season. Each jam-packed two-hour show will include awe-inspiring performances and eliminations. Also new this season, two contestants will be named winners – one guy and one girl will win the competition

RECAP (All times ET/PT)

Thursday, May 24 (8:00-10:00 PM)            Dallas and New York Auditions (special night)

Wednesday, May 30 (8:00-10:00 PM)         Los Angeles Auditions (time period premiere)

Wednesday, June 6 (8:00-10:00 PM)          Atlanta Auditions

Wednesday, June 13 (8:00-10:00 PM)        Salt Lake City Auditions

Wednesday, June 20 (8:00-10:00 PM)        Las Vegas Callbacks

Wednesday, June 27 (8:00-10:00 PM)        Top 20 Revealed/Meet the Top 20 Performances (200th Episode)

Wednesday, July 4                                      Preemption

Wednesday, July 11 (8:00-10:00 PM)         First Performance Show

Wednesday, July 18 (8:00-10:00 PM)         Performance and First Results Show

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE was created by Simon Fuller and Nigel Lythgoe and is produced by 19 Entertainment and dick clark productions, inc. The series is executive-produced by Fuller, Lythgoe and Barry Adelman. “Like” SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE on Facebook at www.facebook.com/soyouthinkyoucandance. Follow the series on Twitter @DanceonFOX and join the discussion at #SYTYCD.

Comments

40 comments on “Season 9 Schedule“

1. Sandra Kearney - wrote:

I am 68 years old, my husband is 72, we sat together as we do every season to watch this show. On the first night of auditions,I can tell you it makes us thrilled!!! to be alive. Watching the lovely young family the 29 year old Mom, fulfilling her dreams . Her baby girl was Amazing!! But YOU Mr. Lythgoe knowing what makes great TV but also I think being a good man.letting that family shine makes our country shine for those few minutes. But to top the evening with Hampton,My husband and I were sobbing, along with Mary. A gift from
    God or whatever higher power one chooses to believe in,PLEASE if he does not make the show for couples dance you will use him some other way to perform during the season he is amazing, and his gift needs to be shard with the world.
    Thank-You! I hope Mr. Lythgoe or Cat gets this E-mail I am not just some Kook that drops e-mails all the time for the sake of seeing myself misspell words. sandie kearney

5/26/2012 5:29 AM UTC

2. isha agarwal - wrote:

can you air it in india also ………….. and not after an year ……………..
    try to do bollywood in better way ………..and have a new coreographer ….try terene lewis ..you can google him !!!!!!!!

5/26/2012 11:31 PM UTC

3. Jo - wrote:

This is my all-time favorite show, and the one I am most comfortable watching with my children on network tv. My problem is with the commercials – the commercials for violent shows are way off the G-rating scale. If the networks do not allow people to skip the commercials, then people like me will stop watching even the ‘cleanest’ of tv shows. My personal preference would be for the networks to regulate themselves and stop putting scary / inappropriate commercials on in the middle of benign, clean shows.

5/27/2012 7:21 PM UTC

4. Sam - wrote:

I know its a lot to ask but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come to boston! I want one of my dance teachets to audition! Thank you!

5/30/2012 5:18 PM UTC

5. Danielle - wrote:

First off I want to say I LOVE this show. Out of all the shows now a day this show is the one I cant miss watching. I just finished watching the audition of the ninja twice. PLEASE PLEASE bring them back on to dance. They are so funny and great dancer. I really wish they could of been on the show. PLEASE bring them back!!!

5/30/2012 6:31 PM UTC

6. Sarah - wrote:

Is Arielle Coker auditioning for Season 9?

5/31/2012 6:41 AM UTC

7. Hkap52 - wrote:

Please get rid of Mary murphy she is horribly annoying and distracting !!!!! Love the show and have been a fan since day one the best the show ever was when she wasn’t there . Your show doesn’t need her train nor her cackling !!!!!! The only reason I would ever consider not viewing is due to her , please get rid of her as soon as possible and get Adam shankman and type diorio as permanent judges !!!!!!

5/31/2012 2:26 PM UTC

8. H Den - wrote:

Please, bring back Nick and James to do a dance on the show. LOVED THEM!!!!

5/31/2012 4:02 PM UTC

9. berowen - wrote:

Does anyone know the name of the song of the girl that her brother was in a wreck and was pronounced dead on arrival. I have had this song stuck in my head for 2 days now, but I don’t know the name of it or who sings it. Thanks!

6/1/2012 8:31 AM UTC

10. Rob - wrote:

I just read a facebook post that SYTYCD thought Arielle Coker had an attitude problem? That was the first I had heard of this. Would anyone share a comment about this? I was disappointed she was cut so early on season 8.

6/1/2012 9:29 AM UTC

11. Donna Leo - wrote:

Like Sandy and her husband I am in my 60′s and TTY to watch every season. Watching the first two auditions, I sat sobbing at some of these lovely, young, talented dancers and their stories and what it took to get them there. You cannot help but get involved and root for these kids to go forward in the competition. I was touched by so many of them and I hope I can see them in the final 20. The judges are also so compassionate and you can tell they are personally involved as
    the families who come to support, but not mean in their criticisms.

6/1/2012 3:05 PM UTC

12. Bill - wrote:

Great show! My family and I watch it every week!
    My only comment is that I really wish they bring back some of the AMAZING dancers with their unique styles on a later episode, say for a cameo appearance. Many of these dancers do not make it through since they only know their particular style, however, they are very entertaining to watch.

There are many of these dancers, but one person that comes to mind is David Sear(?), the circus performer that danced with the huge metal ring. He was truly gifted! We’d love to see him again.

6/2/2012 6:12 PM UTC

13. E P - wrote:

Taylor Swift song Haunted should be used this year in the live performances.

6/2/2012 7:02 PM UTC

14. pat - wrote:

Please reconsider changing the show format and having the finale’s. I have been watching forever and think it a shame that Fox takes cuts on all the good shows.

6/3/2012 11:24 AM UTC

15. Hassan - wrote:

I am seeing a light this season. Later season i did not like it much but now i understand there is nothing wrong with the show.its with me i am all in positive attitude this season. This season contestant all are genius. I love the show. All the best!

6/4/2012 7:59 AM UTC

16. Josephine - wrote:

Does anyone know the name of the song David Sear dance to with the large ring?

6/5/2012 7:10 AM UTC

17. TJ - wrote:

Why does this wonderful show have to be increasingly about Nigel? Isn’t Nigel’s success with reality shows enough to fulfill his apparently weak ego? We love everything about the show except Nigel’s need to be on camera, especially when he has no wit… despite his continuing futility at being witty. Nigel – you are rich and famous, please quit ruining our favorite show with your need to be on air … get some ego strength.

6/6/2012 7:49 PM UTC

18. Tracy - wrote:

I love this show so much. I have watched it from the beginning season. I never really watched dance performances before, but this show can make you smile with delight, and cry at the same time. I am looking forward to the performance shows. I agree with some previous posts about the people that were good, but didn’t make it through, like David Sear to perform in some small way again on stage. I was so drawn to the screen, he was amazing at what he did. Good luck to all that make it, and this is going to be one amazing season.

6/7/2012 3:50 PM UTC

19. FLpanthersGal - wrote:

Love this show but please just post the episodes online for viewing already. Why does Fox make it so tough for fans to catch up on an episode they had to miss. Not very viewer friendly Fox!

6/8/2012 10:57 AM UTC

20. Traci - wrote:

Please reconsider your online format! We have no cable access at our home. My mom used to record the show for me, but the cable providers have now made that impossible as well. then last year I was so excited I could watch online! I was always a week behind, but fair enough. Now – just this week – you’ve up and changed your videos to be released after 30 days??? I know of NO other channels that do this, so surely your sponsors can’t be to blame. By the time the shows are unlocked, I’ll already hear results through the grapevine. That removes half the shows element of entertainment (competition). Please please reconsider!

6/8/2012 12:21 PM UTC

21. Ruth - wrote:

This is the awesomest show ever… it has made me laugh and cry at the same time… and just cant get enough of it… totally love it…

6/8/2012 2:13 PM UTC

22. Steve Kissinger - wrote:

The absolute highlight of my TV viewing season. Concerned about the format changes, sad about not having two nights of shows per week. Glad they are not making fun of people so much this season, though miss some of that, I am probably ashamed to admit. More touching tryout stories than ever so far, a good thing. Thanks so much to the judges, Cat, crew, choreogeaphers, and dancers! Awesome.

6/8/2012 6:42 PM UTC

23. Antawan - wrote:

Everyone was great im just giving some ideas but for your special performer on the show i think it should be ciara because she’s a great dancer/performer and it would inspire alot of dancers too just some ideas

6/9/2012 1:13 PM UTC

24. Mac McFadden - wrote:

I’ve been a fan of the show since Season 2.
    The level of talent has definitely gotten much better over the years. This coming Season 9 looks to be the best ever.
    Last year one of the first auditions aired was Melanie Moore, this year the very first audition was Amelia Lowe. It would not surprise me one bit if she went on to win.
    Like some other posters, I do wish Mary would tone it down a bit. But unlike others, I recognize the expertise she brings to the judging. My favorite judges have been Adam Shankman and Mia Michaels, but having Mia as a judge means we lose her as a choreographer and I wouldn’t want that. Kenny Ortega and Lil’C also make great judges.
    I’m looking forward to (another) GREAT season and I fervently hope the tour afterward will include stops in the Pacific Northwest.

6/9/2012 4:29 PM UTC

25. Meekiecheese - wrote:

Why is the format being changed to one night a week? How is the audience going to be able to vote? Do we have to wait a whole WEEK to find out who is eliminated? The very BEST format of the show was 2011. I LOVE the addition of the All Stars and that they returned the Top 20 instead of just the Top 10. The auditions could be shortened. I agree with others that those that are unique/gifted and entertaining, but didn’t make it to the Top 20 should be featured in a special segment of the show every week.

I LOVE this show and it is the ONLY show I watch on a regular basis on Fox (sorry), so to the suits at Fox “DON’T MESS IT UP!!!”

6/10/2012 9:47 AM UTC

26. Jae - wrote:

I have been thinking for several years now that Wade Robson should (come back, first of all) choreograph a top 20 dance to the song “Pink Elephants on Parade” from Disney’s Dumbo. I know it’s silly, but it’s so quirky and I think it could be really wonderful.

6/11/2012 9:01 AM UTC

27. bekah - wrote:

i always love watching sytycd. i have been a dancer since the age of 3. but ive had a major road block for the past 7 years….when i was 12 i was diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa. i have been in and out of hospitals and treatment centers. i recently just got out of my 16th treatment stay at tufts medical center in boston. i was there for 5 months. before going i was the worst i had ever been. my BMI was barely a 14. im 5’9 and my weight dropped to 94 pounds. what got me through those long 5 months was my love for dance, having hope that i can compete and perform once i get out. so you think you can dance is a big motivator.. because i have always dreamed of auditioning. sadly, i still struggle, but im not giving up hope, i WILL make it on sytycd!!

6/13/2012 8:46 AM UTC

28. Cee M - wrote:

Just finished watching final audition episode (Salt Lake City) – would love to see Leroy (Peacemakers) perform an exhibition dance during this season’s finale show!!!!

6/13/2012 6:12 PM UTC

29. J.Zivic - wrote:

just listened to shankman say the f word right off the bat..what is wrong with this idiot?Any fool with a mouth can talk like that but to do it to EVERYONE watching? This is a big example of whats going wrong with our country..and nigel and mary sit and giggle about it? Grow up you jerks, and try to show class, not stupidity. Absolutely disgusting…

6/13/2012 7:17 PM UTC

30. C Wells - wrote:

I love this show and one of your most valuable assets IS Mary Murphy! She judges honestly and fairly and you can tell she really cares about the dancers and the show. NEVER go away, Mary!!

6/14/2012 11:56 AM UTC

31. NLS - wrote:

Very confusing to try to figure out when online episodes are available – several places say 8 days after air, but another says 30 days. I am so frustrated not to be able to watch the show, even a week later.

6/14/2012 8:38 PM UTC

32. Theresa - wrote:

What happened to the injured male dancer carted off to hospital. I cannot believe they left us hanging…my heart hurts for him. SHAME ON U FOX!

6/20/2012 7:16 PM UTC

33. Ravyn - wrote:

Please give us a status update on Alex! Is he coming back? What is he up to? We know he couldn’t come back last season because his knee wasn’t a 100%, but what has he been doing since then and will he come back?

6/21/2012 3:42 AM UTC

34. Sherry - wrote:

This year is wrong so wrong. They took away Thursday night for a bunch of movie stars trying to get a date. What a bunch of crap. They have the money and the fame to get their own dates. Whats Up Fox! We wait for the season and the season is shorter. What a waste of dancing talent. These dancers work all their lives for a chance. You are not giving them the time they deserve. You have to bring back Thursday night…….This is a special show. It creates dance in someones life. What happened to Fox?
    Why mess with a good show for some other show that has no talent. No joy no heartache and no sense. Date shows come on get real….

6/21/2012 7:10 AM UTC

35. Andrea - wrote:

I can’t believe the judges cut Mariah, the Krumper! She is so well rounded in all the styles. When have you ever seen a white girl dance like that!?! She is my hero. I hope she comes back next year so the judges can realize what they missed!

6/21/2012 5:32 PM UTC

36. Sherri - wrote:

I am SOOO proud of Cyrus “Glitch” and how far he’s getting! I truly hope he’s in the Top 20 especially without having any classes or training. To me he’s what this show is all about. I can’t wait to see his solos. His “dance for his life” was electrifying! Love … love … love watching him. He’s so animated and full of personality. Seems like a sweet, warm hearted young man who is appreciative of this opportunity. Blessings to you Cyrus! Good luck … I think you can win it all!

6/22/2012 9:54 AM UTC

37. Wileen Carr - wrote:

I have a really hard time watching Amelia. She almost looks dead on stage because she is sooo white. She sticks out like a sore thumb and not in a good way. Someone in make up needs to help her out. She doesn’t look natural.

6/28/2012 7:52 PM UTC

38. Heather - wrote:

So glad SYTYCD is back!!! I’ve been an avid fan for 8 years. I was so glad to see the variety of choreographers highlighted on Meet the Top 20 show this year. Not that I don’t love Napoleon and Tabitha ( they’ve come up with some amazing choreography) but two season’s ago it seemed like all the hip hop dances were the same. Keep up the amazing dances and love that you tell what the song artists too.

7/8/2012 8:39 PM UTC

39. dancefan - wrote:

Best show on TV, bar none. BUT, get rid of guest judges, bring back Adam and Mia. I also miss the All-Stars. Let us know what your “alums” are doing now.

7/13/2012 7:40 AM UTC

40. Lou - Indianapolis, IN - wrote:

I do not like the fact that the judges know which dancers are in danger, but still give the them praise and hopeful advice while knowing they already have made up their minds about who is leaving, even before they danced again tonight. Even though I feel like their advice and praise are honest, to viewers it seems like betrayal or b.s.

7/18/2012 6:01 PM UTC