ALL NEW / **TWO-HOUR EPISODE**
WED 8/7c AUG 27

Season 9 Auditions – Two Cities Left

Audition for Season 9 in Salt Lake City or Los Angeles.

There are only two more opportunities to audition for Season 9 of So You Think You Can Dance. The show will continue its search for America’s Favorite Dancer Thursday, Feb. 23 at the Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake City, UT and Friday, March 2 at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles, CA. Auditions in Atlanta, Dallas, and New York have wrapped.

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE Audition Information:

Salt Lake City, UT – Thursday, Feb. 23, 2012 – Capitol Theatre
50 West 200 South
Salt Lake City, Utah  84101

Los Angeles, CA – Friday, March 2, 2012 – Orpheum Theatre
842 S. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA  90014

Registration will begin at 8:00 AM at each venue. Auditioners traveling to cities for the open calls should make arrangements to stay for at least two days–if auditioning in Los Angeles–or three days–if auditioning in Salt Lake City–following their initial audition in the event of a callback.

Dancers must be either a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident of the U.S. or possess a current legal Employment Authorization Card enabling him/her to seek employment freely in the U.S. (i.e., without restrictions as to employer) by the date specified in the eligibility rules. Dancers must be no younger than 18 or older than 30 years of age on the first day they register for auditions. Any dancer who is a minor in his/her state of residence must also have a parent or legal guardian sign all required documents. Dancers must provide legal, valid proof of age when they register for auditions.

IMPORTANT FORMS
>>Release Form
>>Eligibility Requirements
>>Music Information Form
>>Audition Agreement Form

Comments

45 comments on “Season 9 Auditions – Two Cities Left“

1. Ruby - wrote:

How old do you have to be in order to go one this?

2/10/2012 5:29 PM UTC

2. Traci Bock - wrote:

When will season 9 be airing? Looking forward to watching it.

2/12/2012 1:58 PM UTC

3. Dani - wrote:

When dose so you think you can dance, season 9, air

2/14/2012 5:47 PM UTC

4. Kayla - wrote:

I can’t wait to audition on Thursday in SLC!! This has always been a huge dream of mine, sytycd is so amazing!!

2/20/2012 11:12 AM UTC

5. Devin - wrote:

Do we have to bring the actual CD or just a CD with the MP3 we bought on it?

2/20/2012 5:37 PM UTC

6. Nicholas - wrote:

You don’t have to have the actual cd. You can make a copy of the cd or song if it was bought legally. The cd you give them they will use and you don’t get it back. So, I recommend a copied cd. Good luck everyone!!!

2/20/2012 11:23 PM UTC

7. jasleen - wrote:

I want to give oudition m an Indian … Am I allowed??

2/22/2012 1:17 PM UTC

8. Jenny - wrote:

this is amazing after am finsh cheerleading i should be doin this

2/24/2012 9:39 AM UTC

9. christina - wrote:

My guess is that it will air in may!!!! And I am sooooooo excited! I really LOVE sytycd!!!!

2/27/2012 1:41 PM UTC

10. Ella - wrote:

Anyone know if it’s open to spectators? I would love to go watch!

2/28/2012 1:05 PM UTC

11. JoAnn - wrote:

I’m still too young for season 9, but yo u WILL see my face on season 10 :-)

2/29/2012 12:05 PM UTC

12. Frances - wrote:

Does anyone know how early I should arrive to the LA auditions?

2/29/2012 9:51 PM UTC

13. Amanda - wrote:

Any idea on how early to be for the LA auditions?

3/1/2012 8:53 AM UTC

14. Jarvis - wrote:

Does anybody know what judges are going to be there in the morning so I can prepare myself for the constructive criticism (if needed)?

3/1/2012 10:07 PM UTC

15. Autumn - wrote:

when are the auditions for season 10 starting in chicago start i really want to be on the show i think i have a lot to offer as a young talented dancer!!!

3/2/2012 5:11 PM UTC

16. whhhite girl - wrote:

so i would lov_e to audition but no one wants me to go forward in dance bbbut littel dose anyone know…..dont give haahhhha

3/14/2012 12:08 PM UTC

17. Parker - wrote:

does no one know exactly when it airs?? ):

3/14/2012 1:12 PM UTC

18. Mia - wrote:

When will Season 9 start airing??? Soooooooo looking forward to it…

3/16/2012 1:55 AM UTC

19. Don - wrote:

Usually, SYTYCD starts airing the day after the American Idol finale, which will probably be on Wednesday 5/23. What nobody knows in advance is, in what order the audition cities will air.

3/16/2012 3:04 PM UTC

20. Damion - wrote:

Although I didn’t make it through, I loved the experience and I love the show!! The only show I watch religiously! :)

3/20/2012 5:00 PM UTC

21. Tyrone Coleman - wrote:

I missed the audition dates and I’m in Chicago. I need to be on the show, can I give y’all a online audition, I’m tired of watching them clean cut dancers. Personality and originality is what I got!!

4/1/2012 6:04 AM UTC

22. Cindy Pelland - wrote:

I am a singer/songwriter and have a song that would be perfect for someone to dance to on your show. How do I go about sending you an mp3 to listen to it! You won’t be disappointed!

4/3/2012 7:59 AM UTC

23. Ethan KImbrell - wrote:

why do u have to be 18. wish it was 16. i want to go on so bad. been dancing for 10 years and cant wait to go on

4/29/2012 5:08 PM UTC

24. Rashawn Scott - wrote:

Since I’ve missed season 9′s auditions. When are auditions for season 10?

5/22/2012 1:53 PM UTC

25. krista - wrote:

Where do I go to addition if I live in Springfield Massachusetts

5/24/2012 5:47 PM UTC

26. krista - wrote:

When does season 10 start and where do I go to audition if I live in Springfield Massachusetts

5/24/2012 5:50 PM UTC

27. Laura Montgomery - wrote:

Will y’all ever consider bringing ur show to Arkansas?

5/24/2012 5:56 PM UTC

28. Candice - wrote:

Can Canadians try out because we don’t have this in Canada anymore? I have always wanted to try out. Are you going to ever have online try outs?

5/25/2012 5:19 PM UTC

29. connie stewart - wrote:

It looked like Nygil was kicking someone. What was that all about?

6/6/2012 4:23 PM UTC

30. jacklin guerrero - wrote:

i wonder when the show will be on air because i have cable and all it says is its at wednesday 8/7c;/ weird!?

6/12/2012 5:38 AM UTC

31. Julie RayKay - wrote:

Why don’t the loaded people who run the show cough up some money for the Peacemaker program in dance that was represented by that nice guy, Leroy Martinez? $50,000 buck probably wouldn’t be noticed by any of them! Put their money where their mouths are is they think he’s so wonderful, (which he was).

6/13/2012 6:06 PM UTC

32. Sara - wrote:

When will the dates for season 10 auditions be posted? I don’t want to miss the Dallas auditions and I know that’s usually one of the first cities.

6/19/2012 9:58 AM UTC

33. gabby Greenberg - wrote:

i heard a rumor that this was the last season, but i hope not!!! i would literally be so upset this is my favorite show and i know so many people who watch it, dancers and non-dancers! has anyone else heard this?

6/20/2012 3:54 PM UTC

34. Curt Alexander - wrote:

Around what time of year is Season 10′s Auditions gonna be?

6/24/2012 7:24 PM UTC

35. Nancy - wrote:

Enjoyed the show that aired tonite. The fact that the show kept saying they were taking time off because of the fireworks makes me sick The fourth of July is not a holiday called “the fireworks.” Sickening.

6/27/2012 6:10 PM UTC

36. mark - wrote:

What is up with the MTV camera blurps as you watch a finally choreographed piece? When I go to a dance concert the best seat in the house is center center. (Choreographers intended view) Most of the time the camera switches viewpoint before the movement you are watching has been completed. Please consider the viewer.

6/28/2012 2:50 PM UTC

37. blkfootblaque - wrote:

I love this show!

6/30/2012 9:36 PM UTC

38. hariet - wrote:

when is the next one going to be televised on channel 5 ?

7/1/2012 6:52 PM UTC

39. Marquis - wrote:

Do i have to be 18 to do this. Im 16 and im very good at dancing and i guarantee you that you like me.

8/4/2012 12:47 AM UTC

40. Jefferson Fenelon - wrote:

When will season 10 auditions begin?

11/9/2012 7:17 PM UTC

41. Antonio - wrote:

When and where will the season 10 auditions be starting?

11/20/2012 12:46 PM UTC

42. christine - wrote:

Hi everyone! I am looking for some help locating a blog The dance community is amazing and smaller than we realize! Support one another monday!!! Good luck everyone, it will be an amazing day for all of you!!! lvmyshay at yahoo is my address if you have a suggested link?? as i most likely will not look at this page again during my search!

i am looking for a blog of a dancer who has gone through the audition process previously…how long they waited in line, what happened next, did you forget to bring anything like a birth certificate, did they require anything that surprised you, did you have enough time to show your talent? what would you have done different? anyone help me find a link to something like this? I am having no luck on google? I’d like to give my dance son some inside knowledge as this is his first time auditioning….thanks all!

2/8/2013 11:01 PM UTC

43. christine - wrote:

Hi everyone! I am looking for some help locating a blog of a dancer who has gone through the audition process previously if you can help please send me a link to lvmyshay at yahoo. they will not let me put my address in this post! thanks so much and good luck everyone!!!!

2/8/2013 11:02 PM UTC

44. christine - wrote:

looking for tips from dancers who have first hand auditioned, is there anything online? not having good luck with google? please email me a link if you know of something worth reading? thank you so much lvmyshay at yahoo :)

2/8/2013 11:05 PM UTC

45. John aka Faith - wrote:

Hey I’m from Washington D.C and im a hip hop dancer and im really trying to find a away to try out and winning would help me and my family im only 21 but i love dancing for fun even if i have to dance like no other to win the show ill have fun doing it plz get in contact with me and guide me to my dream thank you and be bless.

3/1/2013 3:18 PM UTC