ALL NEW / **TWO-HOUR SEASON FI...
WED 8/7c SEP 3

Audition for Season 9

Get ready for SYTYCD Season 9 Auditions!

UPDATE: Hometown auditions have wrapped. Thanks to all who came out and made it a huge success!

Summer’s hottest dance competition series, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, kicks off its ninth season with auditions beginning Thursday, Jan. 5 at the historic FOX Theatre in Atlanta, GA. The show will continue its search for America’s Favorite Dancer on Friday, Jan. 13 at the McFarlin Memorial Auditorium in Dallas, TX; Monday, Jan. 23 at the Manhattan Center in New York, NY; Thursday, Feb. 23 at the Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake City, UT; and Friday, March 2 at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles, CA.

Once again, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE will travel across the U.S. in search of the best and most talented dancers in the country. Those who shine during auditions are given a ticket to Las Vegas for callbacks, where they will work with top choreographers to learn and then be judged on multiple styles of dance. For more details on auditions for Season Nine, as well as eligibility requirements, go to www.fox.com/dance.

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE was created by Simon Fuller and Nigel Lythgoe and comes from 19 Entertainment Ltd. and dick clark productions. The hit unscripted series showcases talented dancers – skilled in everything from Ballet, Breaking, Krumping and Salsa to Swing, Tap and Contemporary Jazz – competing for the title of America’s Favorite Dancer.

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE Audition Information:

Salt Lake City, UT – Thursday, Feb. 23, 2012 – Capitol Theatre COMPLETED
50 West 200 South
Salt Lake City, Utah  84101

Los Angeles, CA – Friday, March 2, 2012 – Orpheum Theatre COMPLETED
842 S. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA  90014

**Venue information may change. For the latest information, auditioners should log on to www.fox.com/dance or Facebook.com/soyouthinkyoucandance.

Registration will begin at 8:00 AM at each venue. Auditioners traveling to cities for the open calls should make arrangements to stay for at least two days–if auditioning in Dallas, New York, or Los Angeles–or three days–if auditioning in Atlanta or Salt Lake City–following their initial audition in the event of a callback.

Dancers must be either a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident of the U.S. or possess a current legal Employment Authorization Card enabling him/her to seek employment freely in the U.S. (i.e., without restrictions as to employer) by the date specified in the eligibility rules. Dancers must be no younger than 18 or older than 30 years of age on the first day they register for auditions. Any dancer who is a minor in his/her state of residence must also have a parent or legal guardian sign all required documents. Dancers must provide legal, valid proof of age when they register for auditions.

IMPORTANT FORMS
>>Release Form
>>Eligibility Requirements
>>Music Information Form
>>Audition Agreement Form

Last season’s winner, Melanie Moore, danced off with a $250,000 cash prize, the title of America’s Favorite Dancer and a cover feature in Dance Spirit Magazine. Additionally, she was featured as a Gatorade athlete on Gatorade.com and in Gatorade’s G series FIT print campaign. Moore also participated in the 32-city SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE Tour 2011 which concluded earlier this month.

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE is executive-produced by Simon Fuller, Nigel Lythgoe and Barry Adelman. Become a fan of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE on Facebook at www.facebook.com/soyouthinkyoucandance. Follow the series on Twitter @DanceonFOX and join the discussion at #SYTYCD.

>>Print the auditions flyer and post it in your dance studio and classrooms.

Comments

211 comments on “Audition for Season 9“

1. kuldeep bhatt - wrote:

hi,sir/mam i like so very much like so u think u can dance.i wanna give audition this season9……..so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me your e-mail adress………i am send my dance porform cd……plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

12/21/2011 10:42 PM UTC

2. manish - wrote:

I like dance and i m a dancer not a good but i m dancer. One man who is not the join with music, dance, sports so he become not a human being

12/21/2011 11:08 PM UTC

3. DancinKing3000 - wrote:

“Ladies and Gentlemen the time has come for ALL Dancers to step up to the plate and Show the World what you can do. I have a feeling that this season is gonna be really different… Just Watch!!!!
    Atlanta, GA…. Get ready, cause here I come

12/22/2011 6:42 AM UTC

4. Sydney - wrote:

Hi!

Can you audition in different cities in one season?

Thanks!

12/22/2011 11:16 AM UTC

5. Michael Andrew Torres - wrote:

Dancing is My life. I live and breathe for it. I’m Michael all My Friend’s Call Me Coco, I’m 25 years old live in Miami Fl Kendall I am very passionate, loving, crazy and very outgoing. I love to laugh, make jokes and do random, stupid things. If I let you into my life, you will see the most amazing side of me and my heart! I will never change for anyone! I’m not someone who will kiss everyone’s butt 24/7 because that’s what you call fake! I deal with my own issues and problems everyday. I have tons of love and respect for the universe and for all the people within it. I have no problem with you until I have been offended or looked down upon. I feel everyone should be treated equally and I am working more on this myself. It is very easy to get caught up in your own life, but at the same time I have dreams and goals to capture while I’m on earth! Nothing or no one will ever stand in the way of me getting something I really want unless it is not in the lords plan for me! So hate me or be with me because were going to the top and I hope you’ll stick with me until the end!!!

12/22/2011 2:34 PM UTC

6. Nicole Liles - wrote:

so you think you can dance should be alowed from ages 16-30 there are so many teenagers that are extremely talanted dancers that would love for a shot.

-Nicole Liles
    Biloxi MS

12/22/2011 3:29 PM UTC

7. James Thomas - wrote:

Why doesn’t So You Think You Can Dance ever Hold Auditions In Washington Dc. There are alot of talented and gifted dancers here also!

12/22/2011 6:55 PM UTC

8. Richard - wrote:

Question? Is the audition open to the public? Is there a fee?

12/23/2011 5:14 AM UTC

9. bboy jarule - wrote:

Hey, Im BBoy Jarule from Palestine i love Talnts
    And im Break dancer boy
    a flesible boy

Write back

12/23/2011 5:44 PM UTC

10. Brooklyn Manser - wrote:

so what i see is that minors can dance but need their legal guardian to sign approval?

12/23/2011 8:21 PM UTC

11. Daniela - wrote:

no canal liv só passa a 5ª temporada… é a 5ª vez seguida que a 5ª temporada é exibida..

12/25/2011 11:34 AM UTC

12. Jorge Rivera - wrote:

Can you bring back Jeanine Mason as an all star

12/26/2011 5:50 AM UTC

13. Stephanie Reyes - wrote:

I am oh so excited to audition.:)

12/26/2011 5:59 PM UTC

14. Dee - wrote:

Can you please tell me how many minutes can you audition for dancing? please and thank you

12/27/2011 3:07 PM UTC

15. Jenny Cheren - wrote:

What is the max time for an audition piece?

12/28/2011 2:51 PM UTC

16. amanda - wrote:

I live in NY and would like to partake in the NY audition but its 5 days before my 18th bday, will they let me audition?

12/28/2011 9:31 PM UTC

17. Amanda - wrote:

The new york audition is 5 days before my 18th bday will I be allowed to audition? Please email me back

12/29/2011 11:58 AM UTC

18. Brooke Ugolini - wrote:

Excited to audition in Atlanta. Wondering what would be the best time to line up as audition registrations begin at 8 a.m. CAN’T WAIT!

12/29/2011 4:58 PM UTC

19. siarrah rain - wrote:

Hi, I’m a dancer and I think you guys should have a SYTYCD for kids!! Ive always wanted to be on the show but I’m afraid it’ll be gone by the time I’m old enough to be on it. Please at least think about it!!!
    -Siarrah

12/29/2011 8:02 PM UTC

20. beth - wrote:

if im under 18 can i still enter the contest if my parent signes all the required documents

12/30/2011 10:24 PM UTC

21. Sandra Waldron - wrote:

I am not into face book & twitter but would like to get a message to Nigel Lythgoe. I live in the UK and my son managed to get me copies of the shows season 1 to 5.
    I am watching season 5 at the moment and I would just like you to know the pleasure it is giving me to watch such amazing dancers and choreographers, each season I think it can’nt get any better but it does.
    Keep up the good work it is the best thing onTV.
    From an admirer on the other side of the pond
    Sandra

12/31/2011 9:29 AM UTC

22. Juliana - wrote:

I want my DAUGHTER to AUDITION!!

1/1/2012 7:13 PM UTC

23. JJ Philips - wrote:

I think you are making a BIG mistake by canceling the results show of SYTYCD for Season 9. Nigel has done a wonderful job putting the show together and it is certainly well liked. I wonder who’s brilliant idea it was to cancel the results show..

1/2/2012 7:51 AM UTC

24. amanda - wrote:

1/2/2012 8:49 AM UTC

25. Anastasia - wrote:

Where can I find the Preliminary Questionnaire?

1/3/2012 6:08 AM UTC

26. DANCEKING3000 - wrote:

Im sooo ready to Dance on Thurs

1/3/2012 1:26 PM UTC

27. suzan - wrote:

my 17 year old grandaughter was told that since she was not 18 yet she can come for a critique instead of an auditiuon. I can not find this anywhere and we are to loeave for Atlanta tomorrow HELP

1/3/2012 4:35 PM UTC

28. Dipesh Garg - wrote:

i thnk a person cnt live without dance so do dance did dance and done dance….always d-positive means dance positive..just dance..without break…

1/3/2012 6:36 PM UTC

29. harry suthar - wrote:

I like so much “you think you can dance” show its my favorite show ever.

1/3/2012 7:52 PM UTC

30. Brittany - wrote:

Does the wording on the music sheet mean we can only use full songs from iTunes/Amazon/etc., or can we use a cut version of something we’ve purchased??

1/4/2012 10:54 AM UTC

31. Megan Renz - wrote:

I cant audition till season 13 hopefully SYTYCD is still going! its been my dream since have pretty much started dancing hope to see you guys in 5 years.

1/4/2012 11:30 AM UTC

32. Ami Porterfield - wrote:

Omg i hope those r not yhe only cities ya’ll are goin to if so u will not find the best dancer im from Fulton Ky if u come even close to here u will find the best

1/4/2012 2:32 PM UTC

33. Monique Clemons - wrote:

I believe that So You Think You Can Dance is a very good show. It lets kids express who they really are. And I would like to be one of those kids because I have A dancing Talent and I like to show it :)

1/4/2012 3:34 PM UTC

34. Jasmine - wrote:

I wanted to know if family and friends can come support dancers. If so, do they pay for admission or how should they go about it?

1/4/2012 5:07 PM UTC

35. Justin - wrote:

so If I’m 17 and my mom consents to my audition can I still audition.

1/4/2012 7:29 PM UTC

36. Dble DAN - wrote:

If u tkn u can dance, then come let go there

1/5/2012 2:23 AM UTC

37. rijena allen - wrote:

I really Like Your Show Please Pick Me To Be On Your Show

1/5/2012 8:05 AM UTC

38. Berkley Deziel - wrote:

Bryce Williams can dance.love to watch him. he is so talentedD

1/5/2012 5:53 PM UTC

39. Lisa Deziel - wrote:

Bryce Williams can dance, but not only dance but inspire others to dance. He is an amazing person with a great personality and heart. He is not only a great teacher but also a person that is incredible with people. He has really helped my daughter not only learn to dance but to have confidence and has motivated her to do well in school. We are so lucky to have Bryce in our life!

1/5/2012 6:02 PM UTC

40. Joseph Cooper - wrote:

what does everyone think? can I use the dubstep version of Imogen Heap’s, Hide and Seek for my audition?

1/6/2012 9:20 AM UTC

41. carissa - wrote:

do we have to print the audition forms prior to the audition or are we given them there?

1/7/2012 4:54 PM UTC

42. Jasmine - wrote:

How long does the dance suppose to be for the audition

1/8/2012 7:24 PM UTC

43. Margaret - wrote:

I had an awesome day at the Fox today watching the So You Think You Can Dance Auditions for Season 9.

1/8/2012 7:53 PM UTC

44. jackson dsouza - wrote:

m an indian,can i participate in this show…..i love if that would happen..but i love this show its just great….jackson dsouza

1/9/2012 6:46 AM UTC

45. luciana - wrote:

Is this the only places you are going to be at? no miami or San Francisco? or even pretty close to those areas???

1/9/2012 8:19 AM UTC

46. karina - wrote:

can you be 17 to audition?

1/9/2012 4:22 PM UTC

47. Brandon - wrote:

I’m so excited fo season 9 of SYTYCD I’ve watched it every season

1/9/2012 4:27 PM UTC

48. Manuel Navarro - wrote:

I love watching “Dancing with the Stars,” and I can’t wait for it to come on tv for Season 9. I record every episold, every season. Thank you for giving us inspirational dance as well as fun and sassy. Love always. Manuel Navarro

1/10/2012 12:59 PM UTC

49. Haley - wrote:

Can people go just to watch auditions?

1/10/2012 2:49 PM UTC

50. Faith Hope Armani - wrote:

Needn ta dance…..Checkn it out. What will it be for requirements and auditions……………..

Thanks!