So You Think You Can Dance Offers Online Voting for First Time Ever

For the first time ever, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE will allow viewers to vote for their favorite contestants online at www.fox.com/dance. Online voting begins immediately after the first performance show airing Wednesday, June 15 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX. In addition to online voting, fans will continue to be able to vote via toll-free phone lines and text-messaging during the voting window (standard text-messaging rates may apply).

To vote online during the voting window, fans should visit www.fox.com/dance, click the “VOTE” button in the navigation bar and follow the prompts through the voting process. Fans will be required to log in using their Facebook account to complete the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE online voting process, which will feature the name and photo of each of the current contestants. To vote, fans will simply choose their favorite couple (or dancer, beginning with the Top 10), complete the security verification and submit their choice. Fans will also be given the option of posting their vote to their Facebook wall. After each performance show and during the online voting window, fans may cast up to 50 total online votes for that evening’s performances. Only fans with a registered Facebook account in the U.S., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands will be able to cast their vote(s) online.

“We are extremely excited that we are expanding the voting process to include online,” said SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE co-creator, executive producer and judge Nigel Lythgoe. “I believe that interactivity is going to be a major part of programming in the future. We are at the cutting edge of dance, and it’s important that we remain at the cutting edge of interactive technology.”

In addition to online voting, fans will also have the opportunity to vote an unlimited number of times via toll-free phone lines and text message. At the end of each performance show, the phone lines will open for at least two hours and SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE viewers will be able to vote for their favorites via the branded toll-free telephone numbers (1-888-TEMPO-01, -02, etc.). Participating wireless customers can use their cell phones to vote by texting the keyword number relating to the couple (or dancer, beginning with the Top 10) of their choice and send it to the five-digit short code 83676 (standard text-messaging rates may apply).

Comments

136 comments on “So You Think You Can Dance Offers Online Voting for First Time Ever“

1. dancer25 - wrote:

I love this show!!! I can’t wait until I can Try out for it!!

6/16/2011 11:53 AM UTC

2. Robert - wrote:

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Don’t let “America” choose the dancers that need to go home. Based upon this week’s selections, it’s clear that “America” has NO FLIPPIN CLUE at what they’re seeing. I think the judges and the choreographers should be the ones to vote off the bottom couples. Kudos to Nigel for making one of the BEST decisions I’ve seem on the show.

6/16/2011 5:58 PM UTC

3. From Guam - wrote:

I just think it’s really unfair that all the other contestants’ hometown can vote for them, but Marko’s friends and family from Guam cannot.. We all would like to support him.

6/17/2011 2:37 AM UTC

4. Reshma Rajendran - wrote:

Pls pls plssssssssss let non-US residents vote !!

Come on, pleassssssssssssssseeeeeee

6/17/2011 9:35 AM UTC

5. Mady - wrote:

Please let other country’s vote canadian are flipping obsessed with this show and i think it would be way more fair if it was a worldwide international vote

6/19/2011 11:32 AM UTC

6. Susie - wrote:

I agree it is way to hard to vote someone off this season, they are all way too amazing! We should leave it up to the judges for now!

6/20/2011 5:37 AM UTC

7. Valerie - wrote:

This season is AMAZING!!!! I will be voting for my favorite for sure! Melanie and Marko! :)

6/20/2011 8:55 PM UTC

8. Abbey - wrote:

This show is absolutely amazing and positively the best show on television! I love this show and watch it every Wednesday and Thursday and I have been a fan since the fourth season (which is when I started watching it). I hope this show never stops because a.) I would love to audition for this show when I’m old enough and b.) I just can’t get enough of all these amazing dancers and what they perform! Again, this is such an amazing show!!!!!

6/22/2011 10:11 AM UTC

9. Del - wrote:

How is music chosen for the show?

I would like to suggest a couple of beats:

1. Medicine for my soul (Latin beat), by Juan Luis Guerra y 440.

2. Reforestame (softer Latin beat with some afro beats, could even be danced as contemporary), author Juan Luis Guerra. This song is about restoring love in someone. The author uses the title ‘Reforestame’ (it means reforest) as an analogy. Very touching musical piece.

6/22/2011 2:18 PM UTC

10. Breanna - wrote:

I love this show so much…
    I am watching the show right now and i think Melanie and Marko are good i think i am doing to vote for them

6/22/2011 4:56 PM UTC

11. Debra - wrote:

This season is Amazing. The compition is the best I have ever seen. Voting is going to be hard this year.

6/22/2011 4:57 PM UTC

12. Alex - wrote:

This dance was proformed by dancers 7

And they were so gracefull. They mad me wanna dance(between all the readers i have 2 left feet). Any whos. think that was the best dance of the night. For I was a parent i would have been crying

6/22/2011 5:42 PM UTC

13. Desseree - wrote:

Melanie and Marko are the BEST!! I love them!!!

6/22/2011 6:00 PM UTC

14. zila drou - wrote:

Best show on TV, no doubt about it. And the dancers this season make it almost impossible to vote. Thei are ALL excellent.

6/22/2011 6:01 PM UTC

15. Raelyn - wrote:

First time i teared up to a dance since watching in season 3 and it was all because of Sasha and Alexander and even to a Nappy Tabs routine! OMG it was Great! phenominal :)
    My first thoughts after watching it was I can’t believe I’m crying and it was too short. Just awesome! You got my vote and yall are my favorite couple!

6/22/2011 6:21 PM UTC

16. GUAM IS US SOIL!! - wrote:

PR and VI are US territories as is Guam. We have TONS of military stationed there not to mention that Marko is from Dededo, GU. I think it is extremely unfair that no one from his home island can vote for him. SYTYCD should do something about this and make an apology to the people of Guam!!!

6/23/2011 5:48 AM UTC

17. murikami - wrote:

please, let other countries vote as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we love the show!!!!!! and we want to protect our favourite couples!!!!!!!!!!!

6/23/2011 9:26 AM UTC

18. Sue - wrote:

where is Mia Michaels our whole family misses her?

6/23/2011 3:06 PM UTC

19. JANET - wrote:

I THOUGHT ALEX WAS COMING BACK AS AN AUTOMATIC CONTESTANT THIS YEAR..WHAT HAPPENED

6/24/2011 2:17 PM UTC

20. Kelli Collins - wrote:

OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW, ME AND MY FRIEND BLAIR BEACAME BFFL OVA THIS SHOW, AND I THINK THTS KOOL

6/29/2011 5:07 PM UTC

21. Brae - wrote:

I love the show and have watched it each season. But I am unable to vote as I do not and will not obtain a facebook account. Why can’t FOX get it together and allow us to sign in directly and vote as they do on “Dancing with the Stars”? Shameful and controlling.

6/29/2011 5:28 PM UTC

22. Wanda Lewis - wrote:

I think if you are going to offer online voting that you should realize that their is going to be a lot of people using it. I have not been able to get into the online voting at all. You have not allowed enough room for the capacity…Not good!

6/29/2011 9:18 PM UTC

23. LAALAA - wrote:

I LOVED EVERY SINGLE CONTESTENT AND I THINK PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES CITIES AND STATES SHOULD BE ABLE TO VOTE FOR THERE FAVORITE COUPLE

6/30/2011 5:10 PM UTC

24. adia - wrote:

i love this show i hope my favorite dancer wins.

7/6/2011 5:26 PM UTC

25. Shauna - wrote:

this is a great show with a huge following and it inspires a lot of people, which is wonderful. Clearly, the voting is not effective since even you, the judges, felt that something was very wrong when Ryan & Rikki as well as Jordan & Tadd were in the bottom three tonite. Either voters did not watch last nite’s show or like Mary said “they were in the kitchen during the performance”. A suggestion might be to only let a percentage of the votes count and then use a percentage of the judges vote. If you do nothing it will just become another show that winners are chosen by popularity, not dance skills..that would be a shame!

7/7/2011 5:37 PM UTC

26. shauna - wrote:

After reading all the comments, I think SYTYCD has to address the fact that countries who are watching this show but cannot vote are upset. Not even Canada? But especially when a contestant like Marko has family and friends that can’t vote, doesn’t seem fair. Marko wasn’t in the bottom three this week but, I don’t think that is the point. His family and friends want to be able to support him. Maybe there is a solid reason why this is set up the way it is, but the show should address the concerns.

7/7/2011 5:51 PM UTC

27. Val - wrote:

Love, Love this show… BUT i would love to see more manly man dancers. It seems like the girls are stronger and more masculine than the guys.Every season the guys they pick are not masculine at all.

7/13/2011 6:09 PM UTC

28. Rosie - wrote:

The dancers are excellent. It’s not difficult to tell all of them put their heart into it. I’m a Latin woman and in despite of the fact that the thchoreographies are excellent, regarding Latin rythms are not danced as it was originally danced in Latin America. All of them are “Americanized”, I guess to make them look more flashy it could be said.

7/15/2011 8:36 AM UTC

29. Barbara - wrote:

I Love this season, but I do not like the music that is chosen, I know they are the popular songs but they are too loud and annoying. The best music tonight was the broadway and the waltz .If Melanie is eliminated I will die.

7/20/2011 10:51 PM UTC

30. Swedish Dance Fans - wrote:

Please let us vote too!!!

7/28/2011 7:15 AM UTC

31. Francene - wrote:

I love this show very much!!!!!!!!!! Iwould want to go for Caitlyn & Tadd!!!!!! There my favorite very much!!!!!

7/28/2011 2:28 PM UTC

32. sydney - wrote:

hi mary murphy and nigel

7/31/2011 11:18 AM UTC

33. sydney - wrote:

ABSOLTUELY LOVE CAITLYNN!!!! AND MARCO!!!! AND SASHA!

8/3/2011 6:01 PM UTC

34. Francene - wrote:

Luv this season very much!! I say that i have to go with caitlynn and marko there my favoorite very much!!

8/3/2011 9:01 PM UTC

35. Francisco (from Brazil) - wrote:

Hello all SYTYCD fans and crew!

I watch the show since 2nd season and I really love it, it’s the best show ever!
    I’d like to make a suggestion: to create an “international favourite dancer” as a special award, given to the most voted contestant on internet in the finale. Surely there are millions of fans worldwide who are anxious to vote on their favourite one, as me, I’d really like voting for Melanie.

Congrats for all!

8/6/2011 9:33 PM UTC

36. evelyn - wrote:

I liked the one with cyrus

8/15/2012 5:26 PM UTC