So You Think You Can Dance Season 8 Premieres May 26

Season 8 Premieres May 26Back for an eighth season this summer, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE kicks off with a two-hour premiere Thursday, May 26 at 8/7c. Hosted by Cat Deeley, the hit dance competition series will inspire and amaze viewers as dancers skilled in styles ranging from hip-hop to ballroom compete to be named America’s Favorite Dancer. This season’s auditions feature resident judges Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy, as well as guest judges Robin Antin, Lil C, Tyce Diorio, Toni Redpath and Jason Gilkison. Once the auditions conclude, weekly two-hour performance shows will air Wednesdays 8/7c, and weekly results shows will air Thursdays 8/7c.

Chat about the upcoming season in the Dance Community.

Comments

40 comments on “So You Think You Can Dance Season 8 Premieres May 26“

1. Tatiana - wrote:

Hello!! what’s up?)
    i would like to know are u going to do audticion in summer or autumn?
    please, answer!! it is very important!
    i am from Russis

peace, unity , love)

3/14/2011 3:11 PM UTC

2. RMSotelo - wrote:

Are they going to have the “vetran partners” again? Or, do you think they will return to the contestants being their own partners?

3/14/2011 7:37 PM UTC

3. richard - wrote:

when are the auditions for season 9 going to be and where?

3/21/2011 2:05 AM UTC

4. cicera - wrote:

I wish the show return like before. Only the contestant. I want to see new talents

3/22/2011 4:55 PM UTC

5. syzygy27182 - wrote:

I agree with Cicera. I thought last season’s format was weak. Bring back the fresh talent!

3/23/2011 1:03 PM UTC

6. deniro - wrote:

looking forward to season 8
    The top 20
    Mary Murphy and the guest judges
    I wish they would put the dancers back on the old stage as well.

3/27/2011 5:15 AM UTC

7. Alan Aschner - wrote:

For me, the highlight of Season 7 was the innovation of having the All-Stars dance with the contestants. Aside from the pleasure of seeing some of the best dancers from past years, I believe the partnering in each type of dance brought out from the contestants much more than would have been possible from contestant with contestant dances alone. Bring the All-Stars back!!!

3/28/2011 9:10 PM UTC

8. Mariana - wrote:

I really like to watch this show. I’m brazilian and the only thing I have to comment on is that PLEASE TELL YOUR DANCERS HOW TO DO THE SAMBA!!!!! I always downloads the episodes and I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYBODY DO THE SAMBA HOW IT IS MEAN TO BE!!! I mean I know the samba in ballroom dancing is a little different but the girl needs to know how to move!!!! I hope this season finally shows it. Or at least you find some brazilian people to show it.

3/31/2011 12:02 AM UTC

9. Sheryl - wrote:

That robin is NOT a real choreographer. Why is she even on the panel??

4/3/2011 4:57 AM UTC

10. Sylvi, Norway - wrote:

I am so looking forward to season 8. Being an “old gymnast” :) I do love to see how these dancers excel from week to week..

4/5/2011 5:05 AM UTC

11. Not very Nice - wrote:

You guys need to stop telling new dancers they need to be like Lauryn or Alex, What is that about? Let the kids audition you may get some good ttalent on the show. Nigel

4/12/2011 10:23 AM UTC

12. Catherine - wrote:

Is Alex coming back???? I NEED TO KNOW

4/15/2011 9:56 AM UTC

13. Sparkle Dazzle - wrote:

When will dance store owners receive the materials for the grassroots campaign to promote Season 8? Thanks!

4/15/2011 4:27 PM UTC

14. Sheri - wrote:

I am hoping that they bring back the all stars. I remember when good dancers went home because their partners didn’t have what it took. This way, there is no excuses and you either perform up to an All Star type performance or you go home. The all stars were my favorites from each of the previous seasons, good job to whom ever put that group together.

4/17/2011 10:20 AM UTC

15. Michael Colucci - wrote:

I went to this audition. It was awesome. Cat Deeley was so pleasant, love here. I wore a bunch of boysdancetoo shirts and stickers. Maybe I’ll be on TV! The shirts are so cool, they are from this new all mens and boys dancewear website called boysdancetoo.com.

4/23/2011 11:54 AM UTC

16. Roger - wrote:

Enjoyed last season more than the past shows, why bring back the screaming Mary Murphy? Might not watch the show to have to listen to her.

4/24/2011 5:25 AM UTC

17. Lionel Pace - wrote:

Missed Mary Murphy; as well as everyone in the audio department, lol

welcome back, will be watching .. get a life Roger

4/30/2011 6:30 AM UTC

18. Joe Neyrey - wrote:

So sad they are bringing Mary Murphy back. So many talented dancers will never be seen because people will tune out to avoid her annoying personality. I stoped watching 2 seasons ago because I could not tolerate her any longer…I really liked the show but could not stand to listen to her any longer.

5/2/2011 7:56 PM UTC

19. Susan - wrote:

I love Mary Murphy! And how can I get to see a live show this season?

5/17/2011 5:10 PM UTC

20. DL - wrote:

Love the show! Looking forward to Season 8. I believe the All-Star format was an improvement, allowing each contestant the opportunity to fully showcase their talent. The previous contestant-contestant format was luck of the draw, and seemed unfair at times. Hope that Alex Wong gets another chance, he deserves it. A little less screaming from Mary Murphy wouldn’t hurt.

5/23/2011 9:34 PM UTC

21. KG - wrote:

I actually like the original way they did things with the 20 new people. It made the show more exciting to me. I feel that the All-Stars had their time to be on the show let 20 new people show their talent. I hope they bring it back.

5/25/2011 8:41 AM UTC

22. Keiko - wrote:

What is the name of the song that the art student danced to–it was a soft piano song and reminds me of the theme song to a movie or tv show? Played aorund 7:10-7:15

5/26/2011 4:16 PM UTC

23. JG - wrote:

Why no word on Alex Wong’s return?

5/27/2011 6:09 PM UTC

24. Iris - wrote:

i know that i am a little late, but i am not happy about dee-day, or david and deion took most of the routine from Les Twins. I hope they dont make it far. Just letting it me known

6/1/2011 7:39 PM UTC

25. Wally - wrote:

Dear God in Heaven, I’m begging you! Please let us see the dancers… no cut aways for response. We love you judges but we can see you after the dance. We love the show but its very frustrating, and the waist high shots.. They do that on comedy shows when someone else is doing the actual dancing… Watch ice skating…

6/1/2011 9:06 PM UTC

26. Dawn - wrote:

I too would love to know the name of the music art student Melanie Moore danced to on May 26th. She has short brown hair and is an exquisit dancer…Please if you know the music let me know. Thanks!!!

6/2/2011 9:31 AM UTC

27. ccc - wrote:

IS ALEX COMING BACK 2 THE SHOW… I MISS HIM… PLEASE TELL ME HE’S COMING BACK!!!! PLEASE :(

6/7/2011 6:49 PM UTC

28. Stephanie - wrote:

Can we get a “Where are they now” show please!

6/9/2011 3:31 PM UTC

29. cat - wrote:

I love the new format for the top 20 reveal and I am thrilled that we are back to a top 20!! Thanks

6/9/2011 5:48 PM UTC

30. Jeanette - wrote:

Being a dance appreciator I just watched the first four in the top 20 do their first group dance and let me tell you It was AMAZING AND THE CHOREOGRAPHY BRILLIANT. Cannot wait to see what the rest of the dancers hold in store for the masses.
    Kudos to your show and God Bless!

6/9/2011 7:26 PM UTC

31. Susan - wrote:

I am disappointed in and surprised by the show’s decision to eliminate Natalia. She was my early and strong favorite by a significant margin. If ever there was a moment to advance a sibling team, this seemed to be the opportunity and I am shocked by the message the show seems to be sending by declining to do so. Natalia clearly proved herself physically and artistically able. Unfortunately, the show has lost me.

6/10/2011 12:38 AM UTC

32. Brenda - wrote:

This is a request for Sonya. I would love to see a dance routine to K. Perry’s Extraterrestrial. My goodness, I heard that song and the first thing I thought was, only Sonya can do this justice. I literally love her work! I can’t wait to see what routines she has in store for this year. God bless Sonya and You Go Girl!

6/12/2011 5:37 PM UTC

33. Sonya - wrote:

I see that I’m not the only one wondering about Alex’s guaranteed return to the top 20. I’m guessing he must have another job. Can I get an update?

6/13/2011 6:54 AM UTC

34. LC - wrote:

So upset you brought Mary Murphy back! She has nothing important to say, has a bad habit of saying things 3 times and her voice is annoying. I’m back to turning off the sound during the judges comments or taping and fast forwarding. Last years panel was the best!

6/15/2011 9:08 PM UTC

35. tmhwriter - wrote:

Tonight we got to see the top twenty perform and I must say what a bunch of talented dancers which is exciting to see this year. It looks like the contemporary dancers got a break today To Read More visit http://wp.me/p1okPx-o1

6/15/2011 10:54 PM UTC

36. donna - wrote:

So glad Mary is back last year was awful Mia was not good at being a judge.
    This year Sasha need to remember that it a dance show not a boxing match (girl you not all that).
    Melanie your great but please do something with the hair we can not tell who is the boy and we is the girl.

6/16/2011 7:35 AM UTC

37. Marian - wrote:

Why do they not offer the past seasons on DVD?? I want the dance numbers to enjoy and use to show my students what excellence in the Arts looks like. I want to enjoy them again. This is showcasing the best dance there is and if there were DVDs of the shows, even more people could see and enjoy them…..AND, they would make more money too. Please, someone, make the seasons available to us all!!!!

6/16/2011 1:27 PM UTC

38. stefhanncrosby - wrote:

ballroom broadway contempary jazz even tap timeless u can have the teacher 4 years but hiphop is 4ever changing the show needs new younger blood 2keep the hiphop routine acts fresh and current

6/23/2011 5:10 AM UTC

39. Brooke - wrote:

Nigel!!! Betw4een Mary and I?! You’re British for goodness sake…You should know better – Please, please, PLEASE pay attention to your grammar!!!…

6/24/2011 5:43 AM UTC

40. ramin.k - wrote:

i have been dancing for 30 years, and i tried many different kinds of dances, and now i dance even disgo and latin. but privately, i cant teach dance because im living in iran, and dancing in iran is forbidden , the government if know about it will send us to the jail, so all the dancers in iran must becarefull if they dance in a party. what a pitty i wish i could take part in such a wonderfull championship, i really admire all the dancers, please give my best hello to mary morfy. i love her so much

12/24/2011 3:15 AM UTC