WED 8/7c JUL 23

Behind the Scenes of “Jar of Hearts”

Artist Christina Perri got her big break on Season 7 of So You Think You Can Dance when Billy Bell and All-Star Kathryn McCormick danced a Contemporary piece by Stacey Tookey to her song, “Jar of Hearts.” After the song aired on June 30th, fans responded extremely well to the song and flocked to iTunes. The unsigned singer suddenly sold over 100,000 copies of “Jar of Hearts,” performed on talk shows, and was invited back on So You Think You Can Dance to perform the song during the Top 7 results show. During this performance, Christina was joined by All-Stars Allison Holker and Neil Haskell in a piece choreographed by SYTYCD Executive Producer Jeff Thacker.

Since her debut on So You Think You Can Dance, Christina was signed to Atlantic Records and has performed with some of today’s top artists including Jason Mraz and Bruno Mars. Currently, Christina is making her first official music video for “Jar of Hearts.” She created a behind the scenes look at the music video, which includes SYTYCD’s very own Allison Holker and Kathryn McCormick. In the clip, Christina said, “I really hope that the video connects me to the song and entertains all of the fans of So You Think You Can Dance because it’s because of them that this even happened. I really hope that they love it. I hope that they love the dance…and that they just feel like we did this song justice with this video.” Check it out:

Congratulations, Christina!

The full video is coming soon.

>>View photos of Christina performing on SYTYCD.
>>See photos from Billy & Kathryn’s “Jar of Hearts” performance.

Comments

13 comments on “Behind the Scenes of “Jar of Hearts”“

1. Daryl Hidalgo - wrote:

OMG! I can’t wait to see the full video. I’m ecstatic to see Kathryn & Allison in this video. Not to mention how great the song is! All thanks to Stacey Tookie (did i spell it right?)

8/25/2010 5:18 PM UTC

2. Debbie - wrote:

Loved the song when I heard it and loved the dance. Congrats. Christina way to follow your dreams.

8/25/2010 6:01 PM UTC

3. KKKatt - wrote:

LOOVVEE this song!! Can’t wait!! She is so pretty! :D

8/25/2010 6:13 PM UTC

4. carys - wrote:

I enjoyed a lot of music played on the show and purchased many of the songs from i-tunes.. It’s a great way to find out about music that’s not so well known. I just played a tape I made the week Adechike did Bollywood and Alex was injured. I have to say this because it hurts to watch what the judges did to him. He had just finished this vibrant, joyous dance and the first thing out of Nigel’s mouth was a criticism
    and it just kept going from there. Mia went one worse when she rudely
    said she wanted Alex. Alex was sitting in the audience and obviously was very unhappy with that. Jose has this smile, she said, implying that Adechike did not.. Even Cat had to come to Adechike’s defense.
    I want the judges to remember that it made many of us angry. It’s not what America wants to hear. Balanced commentary is what we want,
    not prejudiceand discrimination. Please do a better job next season.
    What did Adechike to do deserve this? Adechike has a beautiful smile
    and a warm heart, a beautiful dancer. I know this is repetitious because I’ve been reading all the blogs, but I had to say this to get it out of my system. It’s what stands out for me from Season 7 and it really hurts to watch. Billy and Adechike-you are the gifted ones.

8/25/2010 8:46 PM UTC

5. Meredith - wrote:

Can’t wait to see the final product! Congrats to Christina!!

8/25/2010 9:37 PM UTC

6. Alisha - wrote:

This video looks amazing, and I love that she’s paid tribute not only to dance but to So You Think You Can Dance.

hm! Is that guy Steve Burns? looks similar at a glance #justsayin ;-)

8/25/2010 10:24 PM UTC

7. zara - wrote:

What an amazing song. It made me cry when I heard on the show and now I with the video the song will come more alive then ever, Thank-You for sharing your heart with the world.

8/25/2010 11:46 PM UTC

8. arshiya - wrote:

i cant wait….
    she is supa haot
    n i love dis song….
    n evn prepared a contempory piece on it…<3
    its lovely….
    will be performing soon….

8/26/2010 4:18 AM UTC

9. GeorgiaPeach - wrote:

Love it!! Katherine and Allison are my two favorite female dancers from SYTYCD.

8/26/2010 4:54 AM UTC

10. tracey eason - wrote:

yes there my 2 favorites and i enjoy watching this show mainly because i have a 19 year daughter that loves to dance and has always wanted to show her talent,im hoping somebody will read this comment and think as a mother if you saw the smile on your daughters face that lights up the room,im sure you would be posting this,its been a dream of her’s for a long time and i think she just feels like its never going to happen and i tell her never say never and dont quit,so please take this comment to the people that host the show,thank you

8/26/2010 5:40 PM UTC

11. tammy - wrote:

i absolutely love and relate fully to the meaning of this song! can’t wait for the video to come out and the CD as well!

8/26/2010 6:58 PM UTC

12. Melissa - wrote:

LOVE the video. I watch it over and over. I love Christina’s rich, deep voice, and dang. Who is the guy? He’s so cute!

9/17/2010 5:59 AM UTC

13. manas ranjan das - wrote:

hii, i want episode video for watch coz i luv SYTYCD

3/30/2012 6:06 AM UTC