WED 8/7c AUG 6

We Have A Winner

America's Favorite Dancer is Lauren Froderman!

The seventh season of So You Think You Can Dance came to a spectacular conclusion last night as Lauren Froderman, 18, a Contemporary Jazz dancer from Phoenix, AZ, was named America’s Favorite Dancer and danced off with the cash prize of $250,000. She will be featured on the cover of Dance Spirit magazine, and will be the first-ever dancer featured as an athlete in Gatorade print ads in select publications and online at www.gatorade.com.

Fellow finalists – Kent Boyd and Robert Roldan – were eliminated as host Cat Deeley revealed the voting results. Lauren had this to say about winning So You Think You Can Dance: “I cannot even believe how amazing this journey has been! I feel so blessed, and am so grateful to my family, friends and fans. Thank you for believing in me and naming me America’s Favorite Dancer. This is truly a dream come true. Thank you, America, it was an honor dancing for you!”

In addition to naming America’s Favorite Dancer, the Season Seven finale of So You Think You Can Dance featured performances by this season’s Top 11 dancers. The celebration also showcased the judges’ favorite routines from the season – including a very special dance number by tWitch Boss and Ellen DeGeneres – as well as performances by Russell Ferguson and Lil C; indie rock duo Black Gold; dance sensations Quest Crew; 7-year-old tap dancer Luke Spring; Charlie Bruce, the winner of the U.K. version of So You Think You Can Dance; and tap-dancing siblings the Manzari Brothers.

This season’s Top 7 dancers will participate in the 40-city So You Think You Can Dance Tour 2010. The tour kicks off Sunday, Sept. 19 in New Orleans, LA, and tickets are on sale now. Click here for more information.

Comments

12 comments on “We Have A Winner“

1. Majd - wrote:

I am so Happy to Lauren, she is my favorite dancer all seasons
    Congrats

8/13/2010 10:59 AM UTC

2. Lauren - wrote:

yay!! So glad she won!

8/13/2010 3:55 PM UTC

3. Denise - wrote:

Way to go Lauren!! You are the modern Ginger Rogers. You put your heart, soul and extraordinary talent into every routine. Enjoy yourself and your last dance with Pasha was breathless Cha Cha. Your dance with Robert and the pillow was amazing. I voted for you every week with 3 different phones. You deserve to be America’s Favorite Dancer, you were certainly mine. See you in St. Louis.

8/13/2010 7:12 PM UTC

4. NewViewer - wrote:

Happy for Lauren, she was great. I understand that Kent needed to leave the stage so she could have the spotlight, but can anyone explain 1) why it was like he was a criminal and 2) why he never came back on to celebrate? Without explanation it implies he was being a bad sport, which I find very hard to believe. Someone from FOX or from SYTYCD please explain!!

8/14/2010 2:06 PM UTC

5. Vicki Smith - wrote:

I am glad I didn’t have to judge this competition. All 3 finalist were fabulous. It felt like they were my own kids. I cried when each one was eliminated. Everything about this season was spectacular. Beauty and Excellence. Thank you for bringing this positive show to all of us.

8/15/2010 7:35 AM UTC

6. Kelly - wrote:

YOU ROCK LAUREN! My husband & I picked you from the beginning at the season try-outs. I am a huge fan of SYTYCD – have watched every season. You’ve got the world in your hands with your incredible personality and natural beauty, oh and let’s not forget your talent! I very much enjoyed watching you dance, and thought you were so awesome in the My Chick Bad with tWitch and the finale dance with Pasha! Best of luck to you in whatever you do – wish I could see you all live in Broomfield, but probably won’t get to. I’ll be there in spirit though!

Love ya!

8/15/2010 4:58 PM UTC

7. Gina - wrote:

Yeah…why did the flower man pull Kent off stage? THAT was awkward, weird, and totally uncool!

8/15/2010 8:41 PM UTC

8. Linda Whisler - wrote:

I’m sure it was hard to pick, when they were all so great. Lauren You got it! and congratulations. You worked yor butt off to get this, and America is proud, cause girl you can dance.Kent and Robert can dance just as well , it’s just to bad they weren’t the one’s to get picked, but we still love, Congrats to all, I look foward to this show evertime it comes on. Thanks

8/16/2010 12:29 PM UTC

9. torndl - wrote:

FIrst off congrats Lauren you deserved to win so much and it’s about time to see an amazing female steal the show away but i too noticed Kent was upset even on Wednesday night about a personal problem and then sort of disappeared after not being annouced winner so that makes me wonder if he is ok. So ANY news from anyone who knows about if he’s ok please let all us SYTYCD fans know what is going on. Thanks*

8/16/2010 4:25 PM UTC

10. pat - wrote:

The right thing happened on the final for SYTYCD. Lauren showed an excellent performance throughout, plus in the final. While earlier impressions had Kent in the forefront after it seemed Lauren would need more votes to match Kent. Kent is an impressive and powerful dancer but the final performance was not his best. So much that even Robert overshadowed Kent’s performance. However Robert was already standing at a distance to be able to emerge a champion but he did splendidly in his routines giving an excellent performance as a finalist. The twist was that it seemed Lauren was faced with a fate similar to Billy’s when they came to face lack of voter support. (Though Billy has some minute setbacks, he is an impeccable and brilliant dancer). It was amazing that Lauren once had to be in the bottom three. To cap it all, the finalists were all talented, and they are indeed brilliant dancers. And for sportsmanship, they all appreciate the great experience they had.

8/17/2010 4:52 PM UTC

11. Kate - wrote:

I was surpised and DELIGHTED with Lauren’s win. So astounded by Lauren’s talent and energy and good sense.
    I rooted for her from her first solo. Was annoyed as all girls except her were voted off (or injured) and worried by the pattern. But in the end “old folks” like me voted for Lauren AND those young girl voters who so often vote for “the cute guy” instead voted for the version of themselves they would like to be. Brought tears to my eyes.
    What a joy that was to see happen. Absolutely delighted.

8/19/2010 8:44 AM UTC

12. Julie - wrote:

I’m am happy for Lauren but I truly believe Kent should have won. I DVR all the SYTYCD shows and I have several saved (even from previous seasons) that I go back and watch over and over again. I didn’t have a single recording saved because of Lauren. They were all performances danced by either Kent, Robert, or Alex. I believe Gatorade is behind this outcome. Kent does not represent your typical athlete. I think Gatorade pulled out all the stops to ensure they got the athlete (dancer) that would represent their image. I truly believe this and I think it’s a disservice to the dancing community. I do believe Lauren is an exceptional dance, but I think Kent is better. He had many more “take your breath away – bring a tear to your eye” performances.

9/1/2010 9:53 AM UTC