Tell Us Your Favorite AdéChiké Torbert Routine

Brooklyn boy and Contemporary dancer AdéChiké Torbert was one of the most beloved dancers on Season 7. He didn’t fall into the bottom three until his elimination in the second to last week of the season. Of his two performances below, which was your favorite?

Dee Caspary Contemporary Routine (Top 7)

Napoleon & Tabitha D’umo Hip Hop Routine (Top 6, Part 1)

>> Rewind & Replay: Watch More Season 7 Performances
>> AdéChiké Torbert’s Profile
>> Go Behind the Choreography of the Group Routines

Comments

35 comments on “Tell Us Your Favorite AdéChiké Torbert Routine“

1. Rach - wrote:

Of the two, my favorite Adechike dance was the Napoleon and Tabitha hip-hop routine. Amazing.

8/6/2010 10:08 AM UTC

2. Elle - wrote:

I loved both, but the Dee Caspary was definitely my favorite. I think Adechike and Kent made an amazing pair.

8/6/2010 3:18 PM UTC

3. Terri Truitt - wrote:

I am sad about this season to be honest. I am sad that one of the best dancers was injured and that the panel, MIA MICHAELS, has been a bit rude this season. Can we please have Mary Murphy back? The panel has been so pro Lauren and they are not afraid to show it, all the cheering when she was the first one into the finale….did they do that for any of the other contestants????? I am confused and not sure I want to watch this show anymore to be honest! Adechike you are beautiful and you have grown so much….I am sorry that Mia was so rude to you and then because of all the hate mail she got….apologized to you on national tv…..did she really mean it? We will never know. Shine Adechike Shine.

8/6/2010 4:31 PM UTC

4. Erin - wrote:

Adechike: Keep growing and keep shining. You were a pleasure to watch!

8/6/2010 7:48 PM UTC

5. Ash - wrote:

The routine with Comfort was my favorite of his. The dancing and emotions were so in sync.

8/8/2010 11:53 AM UTC

6. Jamie - wrote:

Definitely loved his Tabitha & Napoleon number the most.

8/9/2010 9:50 AM UTC

7. Monique - wrote:

I missed the show last week because I had to work. I wish I could have watched so that I would have been able to vote. Adechike you will go far in your dance career and this is far from the end!

8/9/2010 7:13 PM UTC

8. LaurenB at Fox - wrote:

Hey Monique! Although voting is closed, you can watch the Top 4 episode right here:

8/10/2010 9:05 AM UTC

9. Joanna - wrote:

Dee’s contemporary routine. But I must say the one where he first shone was the one where he played a dork in the tan pants. That was just great fun!

8/11/2010 8:32 AM UTC

10. Tai - wrote:

To answer the question- I loved them both but the emotion was so much stronger in the NappyTabs routine!

Terri- I agree that Mia was harsh on Adechike but aside from that I think her comments/critiques have been honest and forthright. The reality is that the world of dance is highly competitive. This is a reality television program and the reality is that choreographers and directors don’t have time to coddle dancers auditioning for jobs. Mia’s critiques help these dancers more then Mary Murphy’s obnoxious screams and Hot Tamale Train tickets ever possibly could. I think the judges’ obvious pro-Lauren sentiment is a result of the fact that she is and has been the sole surviving female in a season that has been dominated from the start by a group of outstanding male dancers. I am so glad the producers switched to this format because had they not we would have had weaker female dancers being pulled along while superior male dancers were eliminated simply to keep numbers even. Overall I feel this is one of the best seasons. Season 6 was a joke- the dancers did not stand out and the choreography felt like it had all been done before. Season 7 has revitalized the program!

8/11/2010 10:59 AM UTC

11. Cindy - wrote:

I am very disappointed in the show this season. Although, the All-stars idea was great in that it gave old contestants a chance to come back and be employed, it also made it easy for the judges to change the rules to suit themselves. It seemed like the judges already made up their minds as to who was leaving the show next before the elimination show even happens. And i had so much respect for Mia Michaels until this season. She is so rude and inappropriate and is playing favourites. She needs to cut it out and leave the judging table. No one should be that mean to contestants who are there to learn and gain a great experience. Please bring Mary Murphy back or you will lose all you fan base and SYTYCD will become the current American Idol…full of crap.

8/11/2010 12:41 PM UTC

12. Alex - wrote:

Most definitly the hip hop routine with Comfort. That routine was so cool. I was glued to the screen the whole time.

8/11/2010 4:24 PM UTC

13. dawn hughes - wrote:

I love AdeChike, an I will love to see the Alicia Keys routine again & again.

8/11/2010 5:59 PM UTC

14. Cynthia Defnall - wrote:

Of the these two I liked the Nappy Tabs routine best! It was SOOO AWESOME!!! I agree that MM has seemed to pick favorites a bit and she has annoyed me a little but nothing compared to Mary. I agree with Tai. Dancers as well as other artists have to develop a thick skin and take criticism like everyone else in life.

8/11/2010 7:16 PM UTC

15. Cindy - wrote:

I think my favorite routine was the because I feel he was the contemporary routine. He appeared most vulnerable in that piece and we got to see the true Adechike. He exhibited to me alof of Desmond Richardson’s skill and he seemed like he really felt the dance.

8/11/2010 7:24 PM UTC

16. tgrl74 - wrote:

This routine with comfort was by far my fav or him the entire season. It felt real for himself and those of us watching. It was great dancers, great choreographer and great song

8/12/2010 1:46 PM UTC

17. Lauren - wrote:

The hip hop number with Comfort def had the waterworks going!

8/13/2010 4:02 PM UTC

18. Angelika von Bargen - wrote:

The hip-hop routine from Tabitha & _Napoleon is my favorite

8/13/2010 4:03 PM UTC

19. SHAREE J - wrote:

THE BEST ROUTINE TO ME WAS WHEN THEY DANCED OFF OF ALICIA KEYS…LOVED IT!!

8/13/2010 4:08 PM UTC

20. Sarah El - wrote:

NappyTabs hip hop! AdeChike and Comfort were amazing in it.

8/13/2010 4:09 PM UTC

21. Jami - wrote:

You rock Adechike!! And I truly hope and pray “The Alvin Ailey Dance Company” grabs you because you have all the right moves and are very devoted to dance and will keep on growing to the fullest extent..you truly have what it takes to be the best..Good Luck and I hope and look forward to watching you perform!!

8/13/2010 4:12 PM UTC

22. Tracie Bradford - wrote:

hip hop

8/13/2010 4:20 PM UTC

23. Krista - wrote:

Fallin’ with Comfort.

8/13/2010 4:21 PM UTC

24. Sherri K. - wrote:

I liked all of his routines…he was my favorite. What I enjoyed the most though was his solo’s. Such a beautiful dancer…I could watch him all night long!!

Side Note: I agree with all the comments…from Mia being harsh to it being necessary for dancers to get a thick skin. I was very disappointed this season as well because I think they dogged Adechike the night before he got eliminated. Was it irony or on purpose that after every judge had something negative to say about all of his performances he got eliminated? I do not think the judges should say anything except they liked or didn’t like a routine after they have stop judging and it is totally up to the viewers. How is it in America’s hands when they are still flapping their lips? It isn’t about technique etc. when the winner is determined by how many people in America like the dancer. Just my humble opinion!

8/13/2010 4:40 PM UTC

25. Liz - wrote:

Fallin with Comfort!

8/13/2010 5:06 PM UTC

26. Royal Reed - wrote:

I choose the hip hop lyrical rountine by napoleon & tabitha.

8/13/2010 5:26 PM UTC

27. Sederias DeVeaux - wrote:

This just one of his many best, but this one is my favorite. I am very proud of you for all the accomplishments you made this season and I am certain that you will continue to accomplish success.

8/13/2010 8:20 PM UTC

28. Khekridhe - wrote:

The napoleon and Tabitha routine was stunning!

8/13/2010 8:20 PM UTC

29. Sederias DeVeaux - wrote:

This Napoleon & Tabitha routine ismy favorite. You really poured your soul into this rountine and I felt it sitting at home in my bedroom. I am very proud of you for all the accomplishments you made this season and I am certain that you will continue to accomplish success. GOD bless you and your family for supporting and being there for you even though Mia Micheals was very rude and unfair. I really have no respect for her or her judging skills.

8/13/2010 8:20 PM UTC

8/13/2010 8:29 PM UTC

30. DFord - wrote:

Definitely the NappyTabs Hip Hop routine! WOW!!! The chemistry between him and Comfort is awesome!

8/13/2010 9:18 PM UTC

31. Beth - wrote:

NappyTab’s routine with Comfort

8/14/2010 4:55 AM UTC

32. Tracy - wrote:

Both were in my Top 5 favorites of the season. I refuse to pick :)

8/14/2010 5:39 AM UTC

33. Janice - wrote:

This was certainly his shining moment. The emotion was so raw! He & comfort worked together like a well-oiled machine.

8/14/2010 6:59 AM UTC

34. Michelle - wrote:

NappyTabs hip hop!

8/14/2010 7:18 AM UTC

35. Amy - wrote:

The hip hop routine was definitely the better one. The way he and Comfort danced in that piece was so emotional and I bet everyone can relate to it. Usually contemporary dance is the more emotional dance style, but this hip hop routine really made me cry.

8/15/2010 10:16 AM UTC