SEASON PREMIERE
WED 8/7c MAY 28

Postponed – Second Annual Dizzy Feet Foundation Gala

On behalf of the Dizzy Feet Foundation, we want to inform you that the 2nd Annual Celebration of Dance Gala, originally set for Saturday, August 21st at The Shrine Auditorium, has been postponed due to scheduling conflicts.

We appreciate your support and willingness to contribute your time and talents.  It is our hope that you will continue to support us when a new date is determined.

Comments

16 comments on “Postponed – Second Annual Dizzy Feet Foundation Gala“

1. Hilda - wrote:

Will this fabulous event be televised?

8/3/2010 1:41 PM UTC

2. DIANA - wrote:

I AM A GREAT BIG FANOF THIS SHOW BUT FOR THE 1ST TIME I HAVE 2 SAY WHAT HAPPENED TO CAT DEELEY HAIR. IT LOOKS LIKE SHE PUT HER FINGER IN A LIGHT SOCKET & THEY ATTEMPTED 2 FIX IT. HER MAKE UP WAS JUST TO LOUD FOR HER, SHE IS A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN SO SHE DOESNT NEED THAT MUCH ON HER FACE , HER WARDROB WAS JUST AS HORIFIC, I HOPE THIS IS THE END OF HER LOOKING SO BAD, SHE IS A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN & DOESNT NEED THAT MUCH WORK. PLEASE CAT GET IT TOGETHER!

8/4/2010 5:23 PM UTC

3. jeff - wrote:

I hate MiA! She is not objective with the dancers! I hope she is not a judge next year. She should stick to choreography! I may not watch if she is a judge next year.

8/4/2010 6:56 PM UTC

4. CJ - wrote:

The political statements by the judges are not appropriate. It’s important that you recognize that most Americans do not agree with your politics. We watch the show because we enjoy being entertained, not to hear your insular point of view. You might keep in mind that we can turn you off and not buy your tour tickets. You may know dance, but you surely don’t know your audience.

8/4/2010 9:06 PM UTC

5. LR - wrote:

I too am like most others, Nigel you need to keep the choreographers as choreographers not judges. They are too dramatic and the audience does not see the same. Nigel, you are the best judge on this show! Everything that comes from you makes a lot of sense and you have a gift of effective communication. Mia and all other choregraphers need to be kicked off the judging panel. It will eventually effect my decision to watch the next season. I have been a fan since season 1.

8/4/2010 10:54 PM UTC

6. LR - wrote:

Please do not have Tyce or MIA as judges! The are brilliant choreographers but the audience cannot stand the way they communicate their opionions. watching them come up makes me want to change the channel.

8/4/2010 11:01 PM UTC

7. CC - wrote:

People need to realize that these future great dancers are going to be dancing for choreographers that are going to be hard on them. You have to be able to take the criticism! These last 4 standing have taken the criticism to heart and hence are now the last 4 standing.
    I bet that theses dancers understand the judges comments better than most of the audience anyway! This is not just a dance competition for these guys, it’s the longest audition they’ve ever had.

8/5/2010 10:41 AM UTC

8. GREG - wrote:

I’M NOT HAPPY W/ THE JUGES AT ALL , THE JUGING SHOULD BE WELL ROUNDED FROM DIFFERENT ETHIC GROUPS. I’M NOT AN AFRICAN AMERICAN BUT I CAN SAY THEY’RE HELD TO A HIGHER PERFORMANCE WHEN THERE ON STAGE, WHY IS THAT? ONE CAN SEE IT FROM A FAR GOOD LUCK WITH THE SHOW AND I WILL POST THIS ON MYSPACE, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER.

8/5/2010 6:02 PM UTC

9. jeff - wrote:

i again agree that the judges who are choreographers should be just that. it is very disappointing to not see them all being above the board. There is very much bias. It was obvious last night who they were pushing to be the top 3. I hope nigel will think long and hard before putting mia back on the panel! she is a great choreographer but not a good judge. Being touch and critical are expected but being mean is not. Please do not ask to be a judge next season

8/5/2010 7:01 PM UTC

10. sharonriolo - wrote:

Shame on Fox for allowing Adam Shankman to make such a controversial political comment on a “dance show”!!! The over turning of Proposition 8 is a complete travesty and tragic example of the misuse of power. Shame on you Fox.

8/5/2010 9:06 PM UTC

11. Janie - wrote:

I have been watching ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ since it has been aired. This season I have been disturbed by the comments of the JUDGES. I think Mia’s comments were inapproiate to the contestants and I would prefer Adam and others keep their political comments to themselves or I will no longer watch this show.

8/6/2010 5:20 AM UTC

12. Judy - wrote:

I was very disappointed on Wednesday night when Adam saw fit to make his political/moral statement. The cast of judges seemed to be very partial which should not be so obvious. Isn’t the title supposed to go to “America’s Favorite Dancer”, not the technical choice of the judges? I miss the Tamale Train and I don”t appreciate Mia’s sarcastic tone. Sorry, I have always enjoyed the program in other years.

8/6/2010 2:50 PM UTC

13. Tina B. Tessina - wrote:

Hooray for Adam for being upfront about politics. So many gay people are our stars in the arts, and their honest feelings are legitimate. We cannot remain a country locked in bigotry and ignorance.

God gave us this beauty of dance, choreography and the arts, and we need to honor it.

Wonderful job by all the choreographers and dancers.

8/9/2010 9:10 PM UTC

14. Kari - wrote:

So very disappointed, purchased tickets as soon as they were available only to have them cancelled just two weeks before the event? Pretty major benefit event to ditch at the last minute. It wasn’t until today that I could even find out what was going on. No posts on the Dizzy Feet Foundation website or facebook page. Really feel for those that were attending from out of state. Yikes!

8/11/2010 8:18 AM UTC

15. TM - wrote:

Very disappointed at how cancellation was handled. So excited, bought my ticket right away, and I find out from Ticketmaster the event is canceled? Should have been posted on Dizzyfeet website right away, with all due respect.

8/12/2010 9:42 PM UTC

16. DANCYPANTS - wrote:

I am really disappointed at the cancelation of the dizzy feet event. I drove 3 hours to LA and waited outside the Shrine auditorium and asked people if it was the right place and people had no idea what I was talking about. Then I called ticket master and they confirmed that the event was cancelled. I had received no email or notification on the cancelation and when I asked to speak to a customer service rep about it, they hung up on me! I am very upset and pissed off about this whole situation.

8/25/2010 10:03 PM UTC