ALL NEW / **TWO-HOUR EPISODE**
WED 8/7c AUG 27

National Dance Day Event in Los Angeles

Get out there and DANCE!

On tonight’s results show, we heard a little bit about the Los Angeles National Dance Day event that some of your favorite So You Think You Can Dance personalities will be attending. We have more information for the Angelenos who plan on getting their groove on!

Melinda Sullivan, Music Center Spotlight Awards alum and recent So You Think You Can Dance contestant, will start the morning with a warm-up.  Then participants will get moving with legendary choreographers and lyrical Hip Hop pioneers Tabitha and Napoleon Dumo (Nappy Tabs) for a Flash Mob Dance. Practice the choreography before you go – click here to learn the dance.  Austin Anderson from Nickelodeon’s Victorious will join the celebration, as well as Dizzy Feet Foundation founding members Carrie Ann Inaba and Adam Shankman.

The public is welcome to stick around for a big dance party, jam to DJ music, and visit some of LA’s favorite food trucks.

Admission is FREE and all are welcome. No dance experience necessary.

Stop by on Saturday, July 31st (National Dance Day!) from 10am – 12pm at Music Center Plaza, Performing Arts Center of Los Angeles County – 135 N. Grand Avenue, at the corner of 1st Street and Grand Avenue.

To find a National Dance Day event near you, click here.

Comments

34 comments on “National Dance Day Event in Los Angeles“

1. Sam - wrote:

Iam really stoked about National Dance Day but I live in the Atlanta GA area and I dont know how to find a event near me! If anyone knows of any events in the area PLEASE let me know!

7/29/2010 7:51 PM UTC

2. yuiop - wrote:

When can America pick our own bottom one?

7/29/2010 8:57 PM UTC

3. Marella - wrote:

WORKSHOP IN PHOENIX!!!!
    12PM-4PM
    CHECK OUT
    danceday.yolasite.com

7/29/2010 10:06 PM UTC

4. Judy Randall - wrote:

Is there anyone that wants to dance with me in Laguna Beach on National Dance day?

FB
    judyloveslaguna

7/29/2010 10:21 PM UTC

5. Sylvia Beard - wrote:

where do I find a location for National Dance Day in Houston?

7/30/2010 6:08 AM UTC

6. Allen - wrote:

I want to go to Downtown Toronto (Dundas Square)
    and start a massive dance battle! :D

7/30/2010 7:18 AM UTC

7. sabrinaschnur - wrote:

i cant wait for tomorrow i usually dance everyday but i cant wait tomorrow i am puting my ipod on shuffle and dancing to every single song i know hoe to.
    i taught myself to dance starting when i was about five or six and now almost 7 years later, i think ive gotten good. Ive just recently finished my dance to party all the time by black eyed peas and now im going to dance to the whole song with no breaks.
    Cant wait for dance day! :) :) ;)

7/30/2010 7:24 AM UTC

8. Mikkii B - wrote:

I’ll be dancing in my leased 10×10′ garden plot in Ventura, CA & on the sidewalk where I live.

7/30/2010 9:21 AM UTC

9. MORGANCATHERINE!! - wrote:

I Have been dancing for 12 years now and this is my first time to participate in national dance day!!!(: i cant wait!!!

7/30/2010 12:02 PM UTC

10. Larry James - wrote:

I’ll be wearing a Little Dancin’ Chick t-shirt and dancing her dance: I’ll flutter my wings (arms), and do a little leap, and sing peep, peep, peep. I’ll have one foot on the ground and spin clear around, and take another leap. I’ll dance to the left, and dance to the right. I’ll dance all day and I’ll dance all night.

7/30/2010 12:23 PM UTC

11. B3cKY - wrote:

i wanted to go to an event but i cant find out where im in south orange county CA i guess i will just dance at home all day listening to kiis fm and my ipod xD

7/30/2010 4:12 PM UTC

12. michael G. - wrote:

i would of loved to see but i had to go see dipicable me let me tell i was devastated with a capital D because i didnt get to see the national dance stuff thingy mabobber craper thin

7/30/2010 5:36 PM UTC

13. tlbbwapls - wrote:

i didnt getto see but i think it was good

7/30/2010 5:39 PM UTC

14. Meg - wrote:

Let’s.MOVE!!!
    I.plan.on.going.to.the.town.square.and.living.it.up!!!!
    bring.a.stereo.or.go.a-Capella.I.don’t.care!!!!
    Dance.is.the.best.in.the.world!

7/30/2010 6:43 PM UTC

15. Grace - wrote:

OMG. Austin Anderson is SO hot. He sang to me at his show on 4th of July. Sweet.

7/30/2010 7:24 PM UTC

16. ANA - wrote:

My 3 1/2 year old luv to watch the show we will for sure be dancing. Listening to some country music may some Lady Gaga Black eye peas it’s all good good have fun

7/30/2010 9:39 PM UTC

17. Matt - wrote:

Sam, I second the motion. I don’t see anything going on in the Atlanta GA area where I also live. I have posted something on my Facebook page and maybe something can be drummed up. If not, I will likely go to my church and dance there. The Havana Club does have free salsa lessons at 9pm and salsa and merengue dancing in one room and dancing contemporary songs with a live band in the main area.

7/30/2010 10:51 PM UTC

18. Tweets that mention So You Think You Can Dance – National Dance Day Event in Los Angeles -- Topsy.com - wrote:

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Maryland Events, Dennis Ferguson. Dennis Ferguson said: We'll be at That's Dancing in Jessup for National Dance Day! http://bit.ly/9SLwQm [...]

7/31/2010 3:13 AM UTC

19. Connie - wrote:

I have been dancing for many many years. I have taught dancing and performed. Now IM retired in Florida. I go to Zumba, Salsa and exercise classes and also do dancing at home. Will never be retired from dancing. I was learning Tabitha and Nepoleons dance routine. Loved it. Today I will be doing my Zumba and Salsa at home for National Dance Day. Love watching the show.

7/31/2010 5:06 AM UTC

20. alexis - wrote:

i luv dancing hip hop but i’m not very good at it

7/31/2010 7:46 AM UTC

21. Brandi - wrote:

There is on in Atlanta..Its at the Atlantic Station from 1 to 6

7/31/2010 7:58 AM UTC

22. Deciusx - wrote:

Celebrate Dance Day and Come Party with us in Huntington Beach! Buy your tickets online for tonight’s event and save $1 + FREE entry for a $50 Best Buy Gift Card!

7/31/2010 10:34 AM UTC

23. Lea - wrote:

I love the idea of there being a day to just well DANCE. I wish there were dance day events near to where i live.

7/31/2010 12:02 PM UTC

24. Ballet Austin - wrote:

The BCS in Austin, Texas was a hip hop party today! Packed! But we celebrate dance EVERY day! The BCS engages, educates, and empowers people of all skill levels, economic and cultural backgrounds to adopt healthy lifestyles through dance and regular physical activity. By providing quality instruction in an open and inviting atmosphere the BCS inspires confidence and encourages fun.

7/31/2010 12:42 PM UTC

25. Margie - wrote:

I took Nigel’s comment about everyone getting up and moving seriously and talked a few of my friends who teach dancing into dance classes for senior citizens today. Because of time constraints, we didn’t get very many, but the seniors who participated had a great time. Others will get their Dance Day later and love it just as much.

7/31/2010 1:03 PM UTC

26. Flash Mob America - wrote:

Flash Mob America brought out 200 flash mobbers for National Dance Day!! This is an awesome flash mob!!

8/1/2010 11:40 PM UTC

27. J. McBride - wrote:

Thank you for bringing the “true” world of dance to the world!

Your show has gone so far beyond entertainment. It has astounded, educated, and elevated an entire populace.

8/5/2010 10:25 PM UTC

28. sydney - wrote:

this was soooooo fun! i learned the dance, not so bad if i do say so myself!!!!!!!!!!!

8/6/2010 2:48 PM UTC

29. Erin Atkins - wrote:

Hopefully our dance video will be embedded above…if not…the link is below from my facebook page…we’re hoping it will make it to the show. We put a lot of hard work and effort into this.

This is the effort of about 300 kickboxing (I couldn’t even get half of the room in the shot) and fitness fanatics from all over the nation meeting in southern california for one weekend and doing this hip hop routine for national dance day. We hope you enjoy.

8/10/2010 7:10 PM UTC

30. Traci Crusinberry - wrote:

I wondered if it was possible to move the National Dance Day to the middle of the school year. I am a pe teacher and this would be a great opportunity for me to get my students dancing.

11/1/2010 9:12 AM UTC

31. nicole - wrote:

National Dance Day sounds like a lot of fun. I can’t wait to dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

7/5/2011 2:21 PM UTC

32. Lucretia Hudzinski - wrote:

The Greater Liverpool Chamber of Commerce in Liverpool NY is celebrating the National Day of Dance with a Street Festival from 10 am to 4 pm in Washington Park.
    There will be all types of dances, ballroom, native american, break and classical…there will also be a dance contest at 2:30 pm of East Coast Swing and West Coast Swing the 3 in each will receive a trophy that will say the Dance Treasure of Greater Liverpool…

7/7/2011 6:50 AM UTC

33. Maru - wrote:

Can someone please tell me the music titles and names of the groups? Need them for the social dance tonight. Need by 4:30 Mountain Standard Time. Thank you in advance for your kind attention. Hope you have a wonderful National Dance Day.

7/30/2011 1:05 PM UTC