SEASON PREMIERE
WED 8/7c MAY 28

National Dance Day Events Near You

Get out there and DANCE!

We are just about one week away from National Dance Day! Have you made your dance plans yet? If you’re still looking for a way to get involved, have no fear.

Here is a list of some of the organized events taking place nationwide on Saturday, July 31st:

CITY EVENT/TIME VENUE
NEW YORK Group dance activities YWCA of Essex and West Hudson
LOS ANGELES Biggest Dance Ever Festival10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Music Center – Performing Arts Center of Los Angeles County

135 N. Grand Ave.

LOS ANGELES Lineage Dance Day

Free Classes

Time TBD

Lineage Performing Arts Center

89 South Fair Oaks Ave.

Pasadena, CA 91105

LOS ANGELES Boogie Up the Boardwalk1:00 – 3:00 PM Venice Beach Pier to Santa Monica Beach Pier

Begins at Washington Blvd and Ocean Front Walk

Venice, CA

CHICAGO Summer Dance Event6:00 – 9:30 PM Grant Park

601 S. Michigan Ave.

Chicago, IL 60605

PHILADELPHIA WDAS-FM

Family Fun Dance Day

11:30 AM – 1:00 PM

Temptations Banquet Facility

218-220 W. Chelten Ave.

Philadelphia, PA 19144

PHILADELPHIA The Rock School Event9:00 AM – 2:30 PM The Rock School for Dance Education

1101 South Broad St.

Philadelphia, PA 19147

DALLAS KDFW and KISS FM

Dance Party

4:00 PM

Six Flags Over Texas

2201 Road to Six Flags

Arlington, TX 76010

DALLAS Amy’s Studio of Performing ArtsOpen Classes

9:00 AM -3:00 PM

Amy’s Studio of Performing Arts

11888 Marshall Lane, Suite 600

Dallas, TX 75234

DALLAS School of Contemporary Ballet

Free class with canned food donation

All Day

School of Contemporary Ballet

1902 Abrams Parkway

Dallas, TX 75214

DALLAS Majestic Ballroom Dance Event

Free hip-hop and ballroom classes and showcase

10:00 AM – 12:00 PM

Hingham, MA 02043

ATLANTA WAGA and The Atlantic Station Dance Expo

1:00 – 6:00 PM

Atlantic Station’s Central Park

245 18th St.

Atlanta, GA 30312

WASHINGTON DC National Dance Day Flash Mob1:00 – 5:00 PM National Mall, directly below Capital

Washington, DC 20024

1293 East 1st Avenue

Chico, CA 95926

MILWAUKEE The Peck School of the Arts

Dance MFA students showcase

6:15 – 7:15 PM

The Peck School of the Arts
SPOKANE Northwest Dance AssociationNappyTabs routine at “Art on the Green” Art on the Green Festival

Old Fort Sherman Grounds

1000 West Garden Ave.

Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814

HOPSKINSVILLE Dance EventTime TBD Little River Park

Hopkinsville, KY

>> RSVP now on Facebook and share your videos, photos, or comments describing how you plan to celebrate the day!

Comments

338 comments on “National Dance Day Events Near You“

1. WannaDance - wrote:

I cannot believe there is no event in Miami!

7/30/2010 4:00 AM UTC

2. Dee Collin - wrote:

my sis told me about national dance day…. i’m am a hippy/flower child and what better way to cecebrate life then dance….I’ll be dancing with my sister on skipe sooooo if nothing is planned in your city, dance in the streets where you live ! just dance ….. let’s make this a national holiday.

7/30/2010 4:08 AM UTC

3. Gary McIntyre - wrote:

Hopkinsville, Kentucky – National Dance Day Event, Saturday, July 31st, 10:00 a.m., LIttle River Park: Performances, Demonstrations, Group Dances, Exhibitors. Hosted by the Hopkinsville Division of Parks and Recreation and Art in Motion Studio.

7/30/2010 4:13 AM UTC

4. Miss Tanya - wrote:

GET OFF YOUR SEAT AND ON TO YOUR FEET!! THIS SATURDAY IS NATIONAL DANCE DAY!
    Join us in Nazareth, PA at Expression of Dance ~ registration is 12:00-12:25 and WE DANCE 12:30-3:00pm.

7/30/2010 4:48 AM UTC

5. Khali - wrote:

I love so you think you can dance and i am an older woman but love to dance, anything going on in Shepherdsville, Louisville KY area i will be there!!!

7/30/2010 5:52 AM UTC

6. jen - wrote:

i kept reading every1 is disappointed that their city doesnt have something going on for the national dance day , if it isn’t on the list it doesnt mean there isn’t anything going on, contact some1 in your town/city and ask if there is, such as city hall, newspaper, city events, dance studios, gyms, look on your citys website…is every1 really that helpless these days

7/30/2010 6:59 AM UTC

7. Gabby - wrote:

I am 13 and on NATIONAL DANCE DAY im going to be dancing all day long!!!! Where I live in New York there is nothing happening or at least nothing happening that I know of. Dance is my life and i wish we had a celebration here!!!!!!!!!
    All I want to say is get up and DDDDDAAAAAAANNNNNNCCCCCEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/30/2010 7:20 AM UTC

8. Vicki - wrote:

Is there an event in Tulsa? I don’t really have the funds to drive to OKC…

7/30/2010 7:43 AM UTC

9. Brianna - wrote:

why tampa? thats like 3 hours away! miami is closer!

7/30/2010 7:45 AM UTC

10. Dakota - wrote:

For National Dance Day I am teaching my friends the online dance from Tabitha and Napolian and we are going to dance in the square

7/30/2010 8:07 AM UTC

11. Jare - wrote:

What’s happening in SF/Bay Area???

The city’s flooded with dancers and yet nothing happening!!! Come on SF, we can do pillow fights but no flash for Dance Day, let’s get something started.

7/30/2010 9:17 AM UTC

12. Teri - wrote:

Nothing in MN disappointed about that, guess next year will have to plan our own event !

7/30/2010 9:19 AM UTC

13. Jasmyne - wrote:

r there no events in park or tacoma

7/30/2010 9:34 AM UTC

14. Heather - wrote:

I’m stuck in Cedar Rapids IA does anyone know anything going on close to here ill make my own dance party if i have to :)

7/30/2010 9:52 AM UTC

15. Meagan - wrote:

Please help me! I wanna learn the choreography for international dance day in Cour D Alene but I can’t find it. HELP ME! I’ve been a dancer for 10 years and this would be great for me. Please help! Tell me how to get to the choreography video.

7/30/2010 10:51 AM UTC

16. Crystal - wrote:

Is the Chicago dance event for National Dance Day free?

7/30/2010 11:13 AM UTC

17. Alabama Dance Council - wrote:

Tomorrow’s National Dance Day! Not sure where to go in Alabama? No worries, here’s a list of events. GET UP AND MOVE!

Hoover: Dance Trance BHM celebrates National Dance Day featuring the SYTYCD “official” dance at 9:40am! http://www.facebook.com/dtbirmingham

Montgomery: Celebrate National Dance Day at the East YMCA with a 90-Minute Zumba Class!! The class will start at 10:30am. http://ow.ly/2iREQ

Hoover: BHM Dance Theatre leads National Dance Day Event & @dizzyfeet Fundraiser @ the Galleria on Saturday from 11am-4pm: http://bit.ly/BHMNatlDanceDay

W. Mobile: Broadway South Dance, Come and Celebrate Nat’l Dance Day with FREE Classes from 12-4pm! West Mobile Location http://ow.ly/2iRjD

Gulf Shores: 5pm at The Hangout. Show the world “We’re Still Dancing” on the Beach including live music. http://ow.ly/2iV04

Hoover: FREE Dance lessons at Bailey Dance from 7:00 to 7:45pm and $5 dance party after on Sat! http://bit.ly/BaileyNDD

BHM: Woodlawn Ballet Summer Session Recital. Saturday, 7pm at the Jazz Hall of Fame Carver Theater. Tickets are $5. htm http://ow.ly/2iReI

Want to learn the official National Dance Day routine? Check out this @NAPPYTABS video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKUyp1GMQVg

7/30/2010 11:38 AM UTC

18. Chandra Barck - wrote:

Well I am having a dance party at one of my friends house and were dancing free style, Wii style, and other styles combined. We dont care if there not even moves cause were expressing ourselves!! :)

7/30/2010 1:14 PM UTC

19. Romillie - wrote:

err Canada can dance too? Like there is a so you think you can dance canada? ever think that Canada has some of the best dancers in the WORLD? Thanks FOX, have a dance-heart.

7/30/2010 1:51 PM UTC

20. Larry James - wrote:

Don’t forget animals like to dance, too. E.g., horses, dogs, and chickens, to name a few. Little Dancin’ Chick dances to her self-titled song on animalsRfun.com

7/30/2010 2:04 PM UTC

21. Susan Knight - wrote:

What? Nothing in state of Kansas or Missouri? What a disappointment that the Kansas City area doesn’t have anything scheduled for this. Maybe next year. Come on KC, get with it!

7/30/2010 3:19 PM UTC

22. Dancer mom - wrote:

I suppose if there’s nothing listed for our city, it’s up to us to get all our friends together and make it happen ourselves! You too, Canada!! :-) Everybody meet in a big open area at your local mall, or in a park… use your imagination! :-)

7/30/2010 3:46 PM UTC

23. Kaytlin - wrote:

I hope that next year more people know about this and Canada can celebrate this as well. People around the world watch sytycd and many people dance as well. I hope that this becomes something for people not only in the U.S to celebrate but for people around the world.

7/30/2010 4:02 PM UTC

24. Kaytlin - wrote:

Megan
    Go to dizzyfeetfoundation.org. The video with Tabitha and Napolean teaching it is on there. =)

7/30/2010 4:04 PM UTC

25. National Dance Day Plans? I kineticITCH - wrote:

[...] event’s nature highly encourages participation; events and groups are assembling; dancers, movers, and shakers worldwide can share their plans for the day and upload their videos [...]

7/30/2010 6:42 PM UTC

26. Janis - wrote:

Where is the group dancing in Las Vegas????????? Come on people..it’s Vegas!!!!!!!!!!

7/30/2010 6:46 PM UTC

27. Ashley Ruhl - wrote:

There is an oldies dance tomorrow night. It is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. At the Palisades in Mckeesport, PA from 7-11. If you would like to participate in National Dance Day & contribute to a good cause come join us. It is $15 to get in. Any questions email me Idanceatabc@yahoo.com or ask me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1189238332.

7/30/2010 7:08 PM UTC

28. Eric - wrote:

Open house at Bartelt Dancers Columbus Ohio from 12 – 6 free class come and dance for fun contact me with any questions ejleon1@gmail.com

7/30/2010 7:10 PM UTC

29. Andy - wrote:

If you are a Square Dancer and want to participate, come on out to the Banning Gym, in Banning CA, Saturday….7:30 pm. The CCHA is having a Square Dance!

7/30/2010 7:20 PM UTC

30. Michael Baird - wrote:

Contra Dance in Pasadena CA Sat. July 31 7pm-1pm
    2031 E. Villa Pasadena

7/30/2010 11:11 PM UTC

31. Jean-Michel - wrote:

Have fun everybody! If you live in the Los Angeles, CA area and want to have fun dancing come to Oil Can Harry’s in Studio City, CA . Every Saturday night is Retro Disco (1970-80s) with some Lady Gaga, Madonna, etc. thrown in. I’ve been dancing for 30 years now and love it. OCH is at 11502 Ventura Blvd., Studio City, CA between Tujunga and Colfax. :)

7/30/2010 11:51 PM UTC

32. Shannon Bolick - wrote:

My 14 year old daughter has organized a NDD Celebration in Fredericksburg, Virginia specifically to give children who aren’t able to take dance classes a day full of different types of dance. Fredericksburg Ballet Centre has donated their space and instructors from different studios are volunteering to teach classes in ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, and lyrical. It’s all FREE and for the love of dance.

7/31/2010 5:07 AM UTC

33. June - wrote:

We’re ready to celebrate tonight! Bijoux Dance Center in Miami, Florida will be hosting an evening of Ballroom Dancing 7:30-11:00 PM.
    Located at 4150 SW 70th Court Group lesson first, followed by exhibitions by a few of our Pro-Am competitive students. Plenty of great music for your dancing pleasure!

7/31/2010 5:19 AM UTC

34. Kanike - wrote:

Dallas has 3 events & Houston has none. What’s up, H-Town? Bring on the dance!

7/31/2010 5:30 AM UTC

35. Wanna' Dance - wrote:

Space Center Houston… be ready for the “Club Can’t Handle Me” blasts on the sound system

7/31/2010 5:57 AM UTC

36. D - wrote:

West Palm Beach will be participating by having a dance party on the waterfront in downtown west palm beach 7pm – 10pm

7/31/2010 6:30 AM UTC

37. Sarah C. - wrote:

Really mad the San Diego CA time hasn’t been posted :(

7/31/2010 8:41 AM UTC

38. It’s National Dance Day — get … - wrote:

[...] — is National Dance Day! If you are near a city, there’s an event going on today – click here for the full schedule! The Dizzy Feet Foundation Facebook page has dozens of videos of people [...]

7/31/2010 8:41 AM UTC

39. Justin Cole - wrote:

We will be at the corner of Moraga Road and Mt. Diablo in Lafayett, CA today at 4:00…Can’t wait to do the dance!!!

7/31/2010 9:18 AM UTC

40. Shawn - wrote:

Dancing in Ashland OR. In the evening at Lithia Park. Everyone Please come and have some fun.

7/31/2010 10:43 AM UTC

41. Jess - wrote:

I can’t believe nothing was scheduled for the Central Florida area. Orlando is one of the biggest cities in the nation per capita!! How does such a huge city with an incredible passion for dance get overlooked so aimlessly?! I hope that the producers and Fox read these comments and organize something for next year!!!
    Highly disappointed,
    Jess

7/31/2010 12:06 PM UTC

42. Riverside Single Swingers Square Dance Club - wrote:

We will be dancing at our CCHA 5th Saturday Dance tonight in Beaumont!

7/31/2010 12:43 PM UTC

43. Riverside Single Swingers Square Dance Club - wrote:

Our club will begin hosting classes again beginning on Sept 7th in Grand Terrace, Ca, then every Tuesday night at 7pm until June. We love sharing the fun with new friends as we help them to learn this style of dancing. Everyone out there have fun with all the different styles of dancing that you share with others.

7/31/2010 12:48 PM UTC

44. Kimmie T. - wrote:

I’m with Sandra C. and Jare,

The Bay has become a sad lack luster place. We have dance studios everywhere, including “Dancing with the Stars” one of Cheryl Burke studios . I mean really wacked Sacramento has an event. I have been dancing since I was 4 and would die if I couldn’t dance. It brings me joy and how I express a lot of my emotions. I almost lost the ability to dance when I was diganosed with Rhematoid Arthiritis so I really disappointed to see we don’t have several events here in the supposed “lively” Bay Area. We can way better, hope this change by 20-11!!! My former high school rocks with dance concerts. We need to keep dance alive here.

7/31/2010 2:00 PM UTC

45. Kimmie T. - wrote:

Sorry for some of my typos in my last comment, a bit upset and missed them in the proof read. But Christina, re-check and google NYC/NJ have a ton of events. I checked I should’ve flown out there. NYC is my 2nd home…there are a ton of events, trust me. I looked. Home of the amazing Julliard, C’mon now. The “Fame”school, you know better. NY is dance.

7/31/2010 2:07 PM UTC

46. Faf - wrote:

I was kinda bummed because I was hoping to celebrate National Dance Day in Sacramento for my only night off this month and it just seemed like nobody was taking it seriously. I couldn’t find advertising anywhere about what would be taking place. I looked up the nightclub website Tre and couldn’t find anything there at all, so I finally emailed the club and they said “yah 5-7pm” with no other details. I checked Fox40′s site and couldnt find any mroe info, and I checked the hosting radio station site 103.5 after numerous internet searches for all, and I had to use the search engine within their site a few times before I could dig up any more info. Just kinda sad that it wasn’t better promoted. Hope it works out anyway… it was a good idea.

7/31/2010 4:21 PM UTC

47. Cailyn - wrote:

For me, today was the absolute worst National Dance Day. I am a very competitive dancer who is extremely compationate about dancing. I live in Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho, and this year, a group from Spokane, Washington called the Inland Northwest Dance Association put on the Nappytab dance at our festival, Art on the Green. The INDA, an “interpretational” dance studio, instead of using the original and up-beat song, “Club Can’t Handle Me” by Flo Rida for the National Dance Day dance, used a completely random bollywood song which was about half the pace as the original song by Flo Rida. It was extremely frustrating to me and other dancers there because we put so much effort into learning and perfecting the Nappytab dance. It was completely ruined by the INDA. I feel as though it was selfish to create an altered version of the original Nappytab’s dance when kids and teens have put so much effort into learning a fun and entertaining dance.

7/31/2010 5:02 PM UTC

48. Faf - wrote:

Update on Sacramento’s event: I just was emailed by the club promoter at Tre and they said they have a couple hundred people! That’s awesome, it must have been advertised somewhere other than online… maybe via a radio station I don’t listen much to? O-well, better luck next year! =)

7/31/2010 5:32 PM UTC

49. Dani J. - wrote:

I was at the Music center in Los Angeles today, and It waas quite a fun event with, Derek Huff, Carrie Ann Inaba, Adam Shankman, AND MIA MICHAELS! dancing with all of us…However I am a bit confused because I went with the understanding that they were going to pick people from the group to possibly be in the Dizzy Feet GALA show next month, and they didn’t AT ALL. Nigel said they would do just that like 20 times on the show yet there was no one being scouted, and they told us now to put videos on you tube for a chance to be in the show instead! Very misleading SYTYCD team!

7/31/2010 8:04 PM UTC

50. Keep on Truckin' | Disaster Survival Preparedness - wrote:

[...] weekend, Food Trucks will be at the Music Center in support of Saturday’s National Dance Day (LINK) and they’ll be at Venice High School in support of the Achievable Foundation. They’ll [...]

7/31/2010 10:00 PM UTC