RSVP for National Dance Day

Get out there and DANCE!

You are officially invited to join other fans of So You Think You Can Dance in a celebration of all dance styles and genres.

National Dance Day is July 31, 2010 and all you need to bring are your dance moves.

RSVP now on Facebook and share your videos, photos or comments describing how you plan to celebrate the day!  And since it’s always more fun to dance with others, don’t forget to share the event with your friends and invite them to participate in National Dance Day too!

You have until July 16 to submit your plans to the show and you may be contacted by the producers and mentioned in an episode of So You Think You Can Dance.

Comments

232 comments on “RSVP for National Dance Day“

1. Galit B - wrote:

I love this show and I love to dance. Come and see Keshet Chaim Dance Ensemble show at the Ford Amphitheater Oct 9!

7/18/2010 1:04 PM UTC

2. Laurie's Laughoholic Club - wrote:

I am so pumped up for my 5 hour ‘Dance Day’ Marathon. I am in training and I feel ready! You can join me at Curves in Ahwatukee, 40 min. of Free-style Dance Frenzy workout that will be a BLAST!!! 4025 E. Chandler Blvd. or at Express mie at 3:30 the cost is $10. Let’s shake your feet to the beat in the heat of Arizona on ‘Dance Day’

7/18/2010 6:07 PM UTC

3. Laurie's Laughoholic Club - wrote:

Those are the two locations where people can join me. I will be going to two Senior Living Centers for ‘chair dancing’. It is going to be a blast… my music is fabulous and I can’t wait to see them shaking to the beat in the heat of Arizona……

7/18/2010 6:11 PM UTC

4. Stars - wrote:

This is a line that is in 10-11 age group. We got a 149/150 and we won national grand champions two years in a row at midwest starz national.

7/19/2010 1:00 PM UTC

5. Brea - wrote:

The city of Rexburg, Idaho has had an international dance festival every year for 25 years. They will be starting the festival this year on July 31st. Dancers come from all over the world to be part of the festival.
    Now that is a way to celebrate dance for National Dance Day!!

7/19/2010 10:37 PM UTC

6. Vicky - wrote:

I personally hate how the audience constantly makes noise during performances. It’s one thing to get going during a funky upbeat routine & clap along or something but to constantly cheer and scream is annoying. For me, it ruins those special moments during performances. Get a real audience & get rid of all the teeny boppers. Sure the judges can be harsh at times but guaranteed they know more what they are talking about then most of you. Being a dancer, I may not like their comments or think they can sometimes come across the wrong way & not be worded correctly, BUT they make sense & are legit. I prefer Mia over Mary, all she did was scream. However, I do miss the judges being rotated and having a choreographer on the panel. Diversity of dancers are leaning more towards all contemporary now which doesn’t make you the best dancer, miss seeing more than just them…I’ve been watching since day 1, my absolutely fav show.

7/20/2010 6:58 AM UTC

7. BROOKE - wrote:

NATIONAL DANCE DAY IS MY B DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ]

7/20/2010 4:58 PM UTC

8. hattie king - wrote:

i love dancing and i am only thirteen. i was wondering if maybe there was another way of showing a video instead of through facebook?

7/21/2010 5:55 PM UTC

9. Urbana Dance Studio - wrote:

We here at
    Urbana Dance Studio want to get the word out to
    Frederick and Western Maryland that we are hosting a National Dance Day
    Celebration on July 31st 2010.

We will be hosting the event at the new Urbana Village
    Shopping Center located at the intersection of 355 (Frederick road) and route 80 in the heart of Urbana.

This is event was inspired by and in conjunction
    with the National Dance Day being advocated by the Fox program “So you think you can Dance” that is sponsored by the Dizzy Feet Foundation.

We encourage everyone to check out the website http://www.dizzyfeetfoundation.org and
    LEARN THE NATIONAL DANCE DAY DANCE before the July 31st
    activities.
    There is an easy step-by-step instruction video by NappyTabs.

For those who may not have time or prefer
    live learning, Urbana Dance will have instruction at the event and will
    be teaching and reviewing the National Dance Day Dance – once everyone knows thesteps we will be filming everyone dancing to send into the show!!!

DON’T MISS THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE FUN, DANCE AND POSSIBLY BE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!?!

We need everyone to help spread the word about this
    event and come out dressed comfy and ready to dance!

The event will be as follows:
    Event: 10AM – 1PM

10-1030AM opening
    1030-11AM teaching/reviewing NappyTabs “dance day” dance
    11-1130AM Zumba and Dance Party
    1130-12PM Salsa and everyone dance
    12-1PM & Film
    Dance Day Dance & Freestyle Party

PLEASE COME SEE US !!!!!

Thank you so much! ~ Paige Friedeman of Urbana
    Dance
    Studio http://www.urbanadance.com

7/21/2010 7:45 PM UTC

10. Nadene - wrote:

I will be at a wedding in Puyallup, WA that day, probably dancing at the reception! Whoohoo!

7/21/2010 9:08 PM UTC

11. Yvette - wrote:

Cat your OUTFIT tonight was SOOOOOO TRAGIC!!! Who put you in that thing – ? it was horrific! LOVE the show !! Kent and Lauren to the end!!

7/21/2010 9:09 PM UTC

12. Cheryl - wrote:

I agree that Cat’s outfit las night was horrible! I couldn’t take my eyes off of it, in the same way you can’t look away from a horrendous wreck!

As for Dance Day, I don’t know what I’m doing for it yet. I’m trying to find out if anyone else in Denver, CO has anything planned for it.
    I studied Modern and Jazz dance here is Denver for 14 years, and I love to dance (and watch it too).

7/22/2010 7:53 AM UTC

13. Kellie - wrote:

We are having out dance recital on that day.

7/22/2010 11:18 AM UTC

14. Olivia and Alyssa - wrote:

we love mia michaels :)

7/22/2010 11:32 AM UTC

15. Cassie Morr - wrote:

I agree with previous posters. Mia is a great choreographer. I miss her in THAT role… but am starting to totally dislike her, based on her “critique” which doesn’t even make sense half the time. “You’re not THICK enough?” What? LOL I think she just picks and she can’t ever say exactly how to FIX what she dislikes pr even what it is she dislikes. It’s OK, to correct people, but first you have to be able to break it down yourself. She CAN’T!!!!

7/22/2010 1:16 PM UTC

16. Sammy J! - wrote:

Because of national dance day i convinced my mom to let me have a party in honor of national dance day! i will tell all my friends about this day and i will always keep dancing….I’ll never let anyone stop me ever! Love you Adam…Lauren and Kent your my favorites! Love you everybody! I miss you Alex! by the way you should have the all stars lauren and pasha do their shane sparks hip hop routine…please?? thanks!

7/22/2010 1:40 PM UTC

17. melissa - wrote:

Hey Nigel:
    I want to see Twitch and Katie do the door dance, please!!

7/24/2010 7:46 AM UTC

18. Lynchburg Figure Skating Club - wrote:

Hello All! The Lynchburg Figure Skating Club has taken National Dance Day to the Ice! Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgZEv0ceg3k. We will be competing in Boston this week and will celebrate National Dance Day on the ice! Enjoy our on ice version of the National Dance Day Dance!!!

7/25/2010 4:28 PM UTC

19. sarah Hutchison - wrote:

On National dance day I am going to binge on watching dance, and also take a moment of silence to appreciate all the ways in which dance touches my life and the lives of others.

Because of a neurological issue, I am not able to dance in the way that I used to, but i still dance(in chairs, on stools, in my mind…), and am moved by watching others dance.

The children in my neighborhood helped me to make a video that has set off many giggles and smiles, and touches the core of what is special about dance to me. I hope that if you watch it, it will also pass some of that joy onto you too. I posted the video, called “hip hopping” on the sytycd face book page.

Thank you SYTYCD for bringing such amazing and soul touching entertainment into my living room every week!

7/25/2010 11:37 PM UTC

20. Susan - wrote:

I wanted to tell you how happy my dance group is to see National Dance Day. We are a group of dancers from ages 25-65 in Haverford ,PA. We perform with our studio and enter local competition. We are mothers, aunts, sisters, doctors, attorneys, a judge, two scientists, a life coach, teachers, dancers and most importantly friends. We also proudly watched Melissa Vella (seaon one) , who grew up in our studio. We want you to know, no matter where you life takes you, if you love to dance you always will.

7/26/2010 4:15 AM UTC

21. illanee banks - wrote:

On National Dance Day i will put on music in my house and dance my sweats off. I will watch different dance tutorials and learn new moves, make a dance to a popular song, and maybe go by my old dance studio and see what they’re up to. dance to me is one of the most important things in life next to breathing.

7/26/2010 12:27 PM UTC

22. Marella - wrote:

WORKSHOP IN PHOENIX!!!!!
    12PM-4PM
    LEARN SOME CHOREOGRAPHY AND SESSION WITH OTHER DANCERS!!! CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE
    danceday.yolasite.com

7/28/2010 6:10 PM UTC

23. Tiffany - wrote:

I am so excited for National Dance Day! Thank you to everyone who created this wonderful event. Dance gives everyone a sense of enjoyment and its about time that it is recognized in a National day of celebration. Just think, it wasn’t too long ago that dancing was frowned upon (ex. as portrayed in Footloose). I Love SYTYCD! Nigel you rock :)

7/29/2010 7:22 AM UTC

24. Madonna Schaeffer - wrote:

I practiced ballet (vaganova) for 30 yrs. up until being diagnosed with breast cancer that included chemotherapy in 1999 & 2000. The treatment left me with painful neuropathy in my lower legs. So, now i “dance” & choregraph in my head during my yoga & exercise classes. HOORAY FOR NATIONAL DANCE DAY!! It’s about time!

And, THANK YOU PRODUCERS FOR BRINGING DANCE TO PRIME TIME! Your efforts are post appreciated.

7/30/2010 6:19 AM UTC

25. Madonna Schaeffer - wrote:

p.s. i miss mary, too. bring back the hot tamale train!!

7/30/2010 6:23 AM UTC

26. barb goodmiller - wrote:

at one oclock saturday the 31st I have invited the people where I live to the lobby to dance. We live at Shalom House in Albuquerque NM, The apartments are for elderly and disabled residents. We will dance to the music, I am doing a contempory piece to Wind beneath my wings from my wheelchair and I hope everyone will have a grand time. I am so thankful for this day of sharing dance. Thank you Fox and So you think you can dance.

7/30/2010 1:18 PM UTC

27. Deb - wrote:

I find it very distressing that in a city the size of Houston there are no organized National Dance Day community events. Hopefully next year more cities will wake up and promote dance. I guess I’ll be dancing by myself this year.

7/31/2010 6:34 AM UTC

28. Kristen D - wrote:

The “submit your plans” link is broken…

7/6/2011 2:07 PM UTC

29. Alexa G - wrote:

Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!

7/8/2011 4:32 PM UTC

30. Kim White - wrote:

The Camarillo Family YMCA (Camarillo, CA) wil be hosting a YMCA Flash Mob on Saturday, July 30th, from 11-1. Join us and learn a new dance for ALL ages!

7/21/2011 8:55 AM UTC

31. Ms. Dalene - wrote:

Humpty Dumpty Learning Center in Cumberland, Maryland will be celebrating “National Dance Day” on Friday, July 30 from 10:00am – 11:00am promoting movement and healthy living! We will also be accepting pledges for a local child who was injured by fireworks on the 4th of July. We are a Christian PreSchool for children ages 6 weeks through 5 years- everyone will be “getting down- getting fit” on Friday!!

7/26/2011 4:06 AM UTC

32. Taylor, Jessica & Nicole, Jazz-n-Taps Dance Studio - wrote:

Danced at Six Flags in Vallejo, CA with Kupono! What a great way to celebrate DANCE! Can’t wait for next year.

8/1/2011 7:55 AM UTC