ALL NEW / **TWO-HOUR SEASON FI...
WED 8/7c SEP 3

Auditions for Season 7 of So You Think You Can Dance will Start in January

Auditions

Do you think you have what it takes to become America’s Favorite Dancer ?  Season 7 auditions are just around the corner.

Seasons 5 and 6 have raised the bar, so we are giving you some fair warning to get ready to audition.  We don’t have all the details now, but we will post them as soon as we have them.

While you’re getting ready for the next round of auditions, why not check-out the current  Signature Moves, Presented by K-MART for some inspiration.

Want to talk to other fans and dancers about the auditions process?  You can join the auditions discussion in our community forum.

Comments

63 comments on “Auditions for Season 7 of So You Think You Can Dance will Start in January“

1. DanceLover - wrote:

Molley could not get enough votes to stay on the show even against someone that could not even dance. She did much better lately but it has really been like watching a cheerleader dance (a very very very gifted cheer leader mind you). Legacy does what he does like no other but is walled off in my opinion (whatever it is worth). Ryan danced one of the best dances of the season with Kathryn and pleaded for his wife. He is in the final for good reason and his wife was dragged into the finally with him. I thought Ryan was walled off as well and maybe even concieted but all that changed after that Cha Cha. Katheryn was hot hot hot, but she said it herself, it had a lot to do with Ryan.

12/11/2009 10:37 PM UTC

2. Pebbles73 - wrote:

How very disappointing…. this show is getting worse by the week…. Ashley… REALLY? WHAT? She didn’t even dance and can’t dance very well even if she did dance this week. She should have been gone in last weeks show because she was horrible. At this stage of the game, she shouldn’t have been aloud to stay. You should have only had a guy be voted off and Ashley gone by default. And Ryan… He should have been gone as well… They both suck… This season’s dancers don’t even compare to last season’s dancers… (Jacob is the only exception). I can’t believe the producers and judges did not step up and keep Molly who is so much more deserving of being in the final than Ashley ever will be. Molly and Legacy are the two dancers who have grown the most. Legacy is amazing… he should be in the final and I know the judges ALL know that. LEGACY IS A STAR! I feel so bad for both Legacy and Molly… what a shame to not see either of them in the final.

12/12/2009 12:25 PM UTC

3. Mecha - wrote:

EVERYONE needs to calm down. Who cares who’s in the Finale! 3 of the 6 are contemporary. I hardly need to see 4. All the top 10 will be on the tour! Its about the tour. The winners don’t matter. Chelsea Hightower & Lacey didn’t win but they’re working on other shows. Winning SYTYCD isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Season 5 & Season 6 are going to be the forgotten seasons anyway. Hopefully Season 7 will restore SYTYCD’s reputation! Bring on the ARTISTIC! and I’m not talking bout Sonya & Mia. I’m talking outrageously beautiful images. America’s ready!

12/13/2009 1:48 PM UTC

4. Whitney - wrote:

Please come back to Texas. Austin or Dallas!!!

12/13/2009 3:10 PM UTC

5. Cody Robinson - wrote:

I also think that the auditions should go back to the Dallas, Fort Worth area. There were some great dancers from that area that made it to the show and it is definitely a central location down there for a lot of people from surrounding areas to go to.

12/14/2009 9:02 AM UTC

6. Gloria - wrote:

Do you audition new choreographers? There are some great dancers that are over the age limit and can produce great choreography out here. Maybe SYTYCD can do a competition for them.

12/14/2009 1:34 PM UTC

7. Rocco Palermo - wrote:

I was really bummed out by the decision to let Ashleigh get a free pass to the finals. In any other competition if you can’t perform / compete you are out. Letting Ashleigh, and especially Ryan, beg for the sympathy vote several times on the show was poor form.

And what was with Ryan’s sappy crying for wifey-poo? They are supposed to be “professionals” – stuff happens!

I’ve been watching the show since the beginning and although I disagreed with several of the choices/votes it has always been fair. This Ashleigh over Mollee was pathetic — Mollee has been draged down since the beginning by Nathan and she is really showing her stuff now – to what end? To be bumped by someone that didn’t even perform!

I would like to see another runoff for the finals and/or Mollee reinstated to COMPETE like they are supposed to do.

12/15/2009 8:19 AM UTC

8. Charlene - wrote:

I agree with Mecha, As the seasons have gone the lack of originality has increased, not only is the music (pop nonsense) uninspiring but majority, minus a few (sonya pieces) are just so corny and really don’t cater to the dancers strengths at all…please Please SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE…BRING BACK THE ART OF DANCING…AND NOT THIS POP CRAP.

12/15/2009 10:02 AM UTC

9. Kamerin - wrote:

I. Cannot. Believe. This.

Mollee and Eleanor should be the 2 girls left at the top. Jacob, Russel, and Legacy I all three love. I cannot believe that even though ashley didn’t perform she got in. She has no where near the talent as Mollee, and didn’t even perform. No show, no votes. end of store. So disappointed.

12/15/2009 10:52 AM UTC

10. Tony Riendeau - wrote:

I will be ready this time for upcoming auditions . I’m going to take it more serious but still have fun…look out Miami I’m back with a new flavor!

12/15/2009 1:42 PM UTC

11. Christian Green - wrote:

I agree with the most of you in saying that legacy and mollee should have stayed over ryan and ashleigh. First ashleigh didnt even dance and second ryan jus isnt that strong with his solo and thats a big part of being a dancer having the ability to solo. Any one can learn a dance but not anyone can create a solo/freestyle so with out that your not strong enough for this competition.

12/15/2009 2:00 PM UTC

12. Robyn - wrote:

I think the whole Ashley/Ryan debacle is just disgusting. Ashley did not perform and therfore should have been disqualified, especially this late in the show. I was surprised when they let the other girl that was injured on the first episode stay, but at least it wasn’t at the finale. I have no sympathy for either of them. Good luck to my season favorites….Russell, Kathryn, Jacob, and Eleanor.
    I am considering not watching season 7…..especially if Crocodile tears Ryan or his undeserving wife win.
    Utterly disgusted.