WED 8/7c AUG 6

Season 6 Finale Update: Adam Lambert to Perform.

The night America has been waiting for is almost here! The So You Think You Can Dance two-night season finale airs Tuesday, December 15 (8:00 – 9:00 PM ET/PT) and Wednesday, December 16 (8:00 – 10:00 PM ET live/ PT tape-delayed) on FOX. To celebrate the night on which America’s Favorite Dancer is crowned, American Idol Season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert will take the stage to perform his latest track, “Whataya Want From Me,” off his debut album, For Your Entertainment. His album debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard charts with 198,469 albums sold in the first week.

The December 15th performance show will feature the ultimate showdown between the Top 6 finalists as they compete to impress the judges and capture America’s vote.  Wednesday’s two-hour grand finale will feature surprise guests and special performances by Season 6’s Top 20. At the end of the celebration, host Cat Deeley will reveal America’s vote and America’s Favorite Dancer will be crowned live before millions of television viewers. The winner will dance off with a cash prize of $250,000 and will be featured on the cover of the March 2010 issue of Dance Spirit magazine.

Remember to watch So You Think You Can Dance this Tuesday, December 8, to watch the Top 8 dancers perform. On Wednesday, December 9, the dancers America voted into the finale will be revealed. Also on Wednesday, American Idol’s Season 8 winner, Kris Allen, will perform his single “Live Like We’re Dying” off his new self-titled album.

It’s two weeks of dance that you won’t want to miss! Who do you think will win the coveted title of America’s Favorite Dancer? Chat with other fans in the community. Or declare your favorite dancer by creating your own custom e-card.

Comments

43 comments on “Season 6 Finale Update: Adam Lambert to Perform.“

1. Tweets that mention So You Think You Can Dance - Season 6 Finale Update: Adam Lambert to Perform. -- Topsy.com - wrote:

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Think Dance, SYTYCDtweets. SYTYCDtweets said: Season 6 Finale Update: Adam Lambert to Perform.: The night America has been waiting for is almost here! The So You… http://bit.ly/4Q3EWU [...]

12/7/2009 2:07 PM UTC

2. 1AdamFan - wrote:

Fox knows a good thing when they see it!!! Adam is the best Idol ever and he will have the most success! I am thrilled that he will perform on the finale! Adam’s new CD is great! I can’t wait to see him at the finale when Jakob is crowned America’s favorite dancer!

12/8/2009 12:46 PM UTC

3. Raina - wrote:

Just a small suggestion, if Shane is going to have an assistant fill in, have someone who can actually dance and it the routine. It was painful to watch her dance. She look like she was learning hip hop for the first time ever. Dispite that “sunshine,” was great. I wish Ashley would have been able to dance.

12/8/2009 6:56 PM UTC

4. L5S1ouch - wrote:

Sorry to hear Adam is singing. I don’t care for him or his music. I do hope he acts appropriate and doesn’t ruin the night for the dancers.
    As posted on the community comments for changes for next season; forget the singers and stick with dancers! I’d much rather see some amazing dancers than hear Adam sing. You are a dance show….. that’s what you should be highlighting.

12/8/2009 7:12 PM UTC

5. PS620 - wrote:

Oh pleeeeeez,
    we got to watch his inarticulate talking….
    Now his dancing????

12/8/2009 10:47 PM UTC

6. chako - wrote:

Well I guess I will have 1 of 2 choices for the finale. Either don’t watch and watch on the internet dancers only, or turn the tv when Adam comes on. Terrible since my grandson likes to watch this show and he won’t be allowed to watch if he’ll be subjected to a sex show.

12/8/2009 11:09 PM UTC

7. Ryan - wrote:

I think that it is awesome for the show to have performances, it gives the viewers a chance to see musical performers they may have not shown previous interest in. I think its also great to use such people as idol winners, shows great support for other network shows. As for the people who are too afraid to watch it because Adam is the performer….. get over it this is 2009. If you do not agree for his sexual preference, and this makes you decide to not watch the show your being hypocritical. Do you ever turn the show off because one of the dancers sexual preferences? GET OVER IT
    Great job FOX!

12/9/2009 4:50 AM UTC

8. PrettyPistol - wrote:

I’m an old lady of 63 yrs and I LOVE Adam. He’s intelligent and has a talent and voice that is absolutely fantastic. He’s going to become a big star and I’m thrilled that he has the “nads” to be true to himself. People need to put their narrow minds on a shelf and learn to enjoy true talent without letting their own personal bias interfere. If an old lady can open her heart to enjoy such talent, perhaps you negative people need to take a better look at who you are and how you think. And for you bibleists, it says, “Judge Ye Not” so try following those things you’re supposed to believe in. You go ADAM! (And if kids are Jr High or so, they know all about the world, so don’t kid yourself.)

12/9/2009 6:55 AM UTC

9. Mouse - wrote:

Why is it that a homosexual is not allowed to exhibit ANY form of affection to another on TV, but EVERY DAY ALL DAY there’s infidelity, sexualized ads every 8 minutes, talk shows on every conceivable topic, including bestiality and necrophilia, Jerry Springer and his crew of misanthropes, cursing, bleeping, hiphop videos packed to the brim with misogynism, etc., etc. and nobody feels the need to weigh in on that stuff? I will never understand why some people are so afraid of people loving one another, be they straight, gay, or unaffiliated. Does it directly affect YOUR life that two women or two men love each other? Seriously…God loves ALL of his children. JUDGE NOT THAT YE BE NOT JUDGED, REMEMBER?????????

12/9/2009 8:57 AM UTC

10. Evie - wrote:

I didn’t really watch the show too much but I have acquired a few likable dancers, Russell, Elenore & Ryan. I don’t think it would be too fair for Ashleigh to move forward, all the other females danced their hearts out on that floor to make it to the finale. I think, like always the tearful piece from Ryan may just guarantee her a spot. I like SYTYCD but back to back seasons too much.

12/9/2009 11:12 AM UTC

11. L - wrote:

It is not Fair, Ashley should go home! Those other girls danced their hearts out and deserve to be in the finally! Eleanore is my favorite female dancer and Jacob male! Are you kidding this show was so unfair tonight!!! Judges you should do something….I’m confused

12/9/2009 6:57 PM UTC

12. Amber - wrote:

Don’t be so mean on Adam,
    He is fabulous singer,and that is all we need to know.
    Nothing else will do any harm

12/9/2009 10:14 PM UTC

13. Martha - wrote:

Adam is a very articulate and talented singer that will increase the viewers for the show. Best decision to bring him back to a format similar to AI during Prime Time TV.

12/9/2009 11:50 PM UTC

14. Terry - wrote:

Really looking forward to Adam Lambert’s performance. I hear he has a wonderful voice.

12/9/2009 11:56 PM UTC

15. AIM - wrote:

I can’t wait to hear Adam Lambert sing on this show! It’s going to be so much fun!

12/10/2009 12:06 AM UTC

16. Dawn - wrote:

Wow, Adam is appearing on the finale??????? I can’t believe this!!!!

I love that man – he can sing to a dead person and that person will come alive!!!!!!!!!

What’s with all the rude comments about switching channels here??? I don’t understand it.

12/10/2009 12:24 AM UTC

17. ladyjen - wrote:

Ive never watched this dancing show but I will watch the finale just to see Adam Lambert. Woohoo can’t wait. Can’t get enough of this talented and sweet young man. I’m 63 also. I think the world must be going backwards after reading the negative comments here about him.

12/10/2009 12:46 AM UTC

18. AsiaFan - wrote:

Adam is performing-Fantastic! His new CD is a great dance CD. Anyone who likes a slow tango try Broken Open or Loaded Smile. Never watched this show but will watch for Adam.

12/10/2009 1:39 AM UTC

19. angel - wrote:

I can’t wait to see Adam perform on SYTYCD!! I haven’t been watching this year because it’s getting a little boring, but I will definitely tune in to see Adam. He is the most dynamic performer with a killer voice and is drop dead sexy. Kudos to the producers for choosing to have Adam on the show!

12/10/2009 3:54 AM UTC

20. Julie - wrote:

Wow!!! I am so excited Adam Lambert is going to sing on my favorite show!!! I love Adam and I love SYTYCD!!! I can’t wait. I hear he is going to sing Whatya Want From Me. I love that song.

12/10/2009 4:34 AM UTC

21. Gina - wrote:

Sooooooo happy Adam will be performing on the Finale. I’m also in the older range; I know Adam will be a superstar and I’m thrilled to be on the ride!!

12/10/2009 5:20 AM UTC

22. Dixie - wrote:

Adam is performing??????? I don’t know what to say except I am setting my DVR for this one!!!!!!!!! I can’t get enough of this talented man!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like some people here don’t care for him, well you know, I suggest that you speak to the producers of the show if you don’t want to see his performance!!! That’s just too bad you will be missing the hottest artist of the year!!!

12/10/2009 5:23 AM UTC

23. Violet - wrote:

TO Raina – OMG, I completely agree with you. She was just awful. I understand it was probably last minute, but seriously? Thankfully America was able to concentrate on Russell.

Looking forward to the finale two-nighter but will not watch Adam Lambert. His antics are ridiculous. Can’t he just sing? He is pushing more and more fans away.

12/10/2009 6:36 AM UTC

24. JJ - wrote:

SYTYCD made a great choice when asking Adam Lambert to perform for the finale. He is an amazing singer and I am sure this will increase the ratings. As far as the ones here saying they will turn off the TV. Go ahead. You will miss something grand!!!

12/10/2009 6:37 AM UTC

25. glambert3210 - wrote:

I’ll watch the show just to see and hear Adam sing. I’m 60 – and he has never done anything but entertain me – - – - – - – -

12/10/2009 6:58 AM UTC

26. kayla - wrote:

I only started watching SYTYCD last season and fell in love with the dancers and the music. I am absolutly THRILLED that Adam Lambert will be performing on the grand finale. He has such an amazing voice and has a heart of gold. It would also be great if the show would mention Adam’s chosen charity, DonorsChoose.org. that supports children’s education in mainly Arts and Music.

12/10/2009 7:24 AM UTC

27. gracemary - wrote:

I will be sure to watch the show and am especially happy to hear that Adam Lambert will be performing. I appreciate everything about Adam – he is a wonderful person who brings much talent, creativity and humanity to his performances.

Thanks to the network for bringing Adam to the finale!

12/10/2009 7:38 AM UTC

28. debbie - wrote:

So glad Adam will be performing

12/10/2009 8:17 AM UTC

29. Maggie - wrote:

Oh my gosh, I can not wait to see Adam on SYTYCD! It is my favorite show and I usually fast forward thru the musical acts. But not next week.

To the folks who are bashing him, it is obvious that you know absolutely nothing about him or you wouldn’t be afraid of what he is going to do. You are judging him on one act that was no different than 90% of the other acts on that very same show. He has sung on TV several times since then and was stunningly beautiful and soft.

12/10/2009 8:31 AM UTC

30. Mom and Educator - wrote:

Such a pity that TV producers who are SO clearly marketing SYTYCD to youth and teens wouldn’t take into consideration that for 99% of their under-22 audience, this is final exams week. One hour and two hour study breaks? That’s asking too much. LET’S RETURN TO SUMMER SEASONS please!

12/10/2009 9:20 AM UTC

31. Carol - wrote:

Oh WOW, I’m SOOO excited that Adam Lambert is performing on one of my favorite shows!!!!! He’s one of the best singers out there and his album is amazing!!!! Can’t wait!!!!!

12/10/2009 9:22 AM UTC

32. kansas - wrote:

Adam has always supported the Arts in education. If it weren’t for dance / music programs many children would not have any exposure to this creative outlet. I know he understands all too well, the hard work and struggles that all of these dancers have gone through. He takes his art seriously, just as the dancers take their art seriously. He has trained long hours to be able to do what he does, just as they have.

I applaud the program for bringing on musical artists to perform. It helps reinforce the fact that without music, there couldn’t be dance (at least dance as most of the general public know it). I feel that this embraces the common bond we all have, and I’ll be very proud to sit down with my grandkids to watch the entire show….esp when their favorite Idol contestant comes on to sing his new single.

Thank you SYTYCD !!

12/10/2009 11:10 AM UTC

33. Kathleen - wrote:

I have never watched this show before but I will watch the finale to watch Adam. Whataya Want From Me is a beautiful song. Feel sorry for the people who will not watch this beautiful song based on their ignorance.

12/10/2009 11:29 AM UTC

34. Johanna - wrote:

People worried about Adam «possible» fake sexual performance on SYTYCD finale… I guess these people never watched some of the performances on SYTYCD Canada!

I watched all the SYTYCD US and Canadian in the past, but this time I did not, as I did not like the judges making the decisions to whom would be cut starting Top 20 and never went back to watching it. Will be watching the finale just to see Adam perform.

12/10/2009 12:50 PM UTC

35. dfwmusiclvr - wrote:

I never watch SYTYCD (or DWTS for that matter), although my wife watches both. I will be tuning in for Adam’s performance. To anyone who intends to change the channel because of Adam, please allow me to bring you up to speed. He’s said that he went too far while interpreting sexually charged lyrics, and did not intend to disrespect his audience with a self-described “lewd” performance. He’s also admitted to his most regrettable offense, IMHO, an uncharacteristically sub par vocal. Most importantly, in his statements and through all his performances, both live on CBS and taped on ABC and NBC, he’s made it clear that the AMA aftermath was a “learning experience,” and that he doesn’t want his persona to be defined by that one event. The song he’ll perform on SYTYCD is about vulnerability and showcases his vocal talent. His interpretation will be appropriate to the song and to the audience. There will be no rational reason to tune away based on “morality.” Adam has now said repeatedly that he regrets that the focus has been diverted from his music. He’s working to change that. His entire album is terrific, by the way.

12/10/2009 2:03 PM UTC

36. Debbie Paumard - wrote:

I am soooooooo happy Adam will be performing
    I never watch SYTYCD but I will be on this night to see Adam perform
    Adam is such an amazing performer with a heavenly voice.

12/11/2009 7:03 AM UTC

37. Susan - wrote:

Adam Lambert is NOT the reason millions of people will tune into SYTYCD. Our family and friends watch because we LOVE dance and appreciate all the dedication these talented young people have committed to for most of their lives. When Adam comes on it will be dish-washing time. Good luck to the top six.

12/12/2009 7:10 AM UTC

38. Eve4Adam - wrote:

I adore Adam! I wish he woud sing ‘Soaked’ from his new Album. This song showcases his angelic voice and his vulnerability. His performance will change the minds of alot of the haters when he lets his voice do all the talking. But than again, I know the love for Adam far outweighs the hate.

12/15/2009 10:46 PM UTC

39. Eve4Adam - wrote:

He may not be the reason millions of people will tune into SYTYCD, but he WILL be the reason a few MORE million will be watching who have never watched an episode of SYTYCD.

12/15/2009 11:41 PM UTC

40. so you think you can dance season 6 finale - wrote:

[...] [1] So You Think You Can Dance: Finale Predictions [2] So You Think You Can Dance – Season 6 Finale Update: Adam … [3] Adam Lambert to Perform on “So You Think You Can Dance … [4] So You Think You Can [...]

12/16/2009 2:13 PM UTC

41. Gail - wrote:

Jakob, finish your training at Julliard, go to Europe, become an internation star. America just doesn’t get it! AAAARGH

12/18/2009 11:56 AM UTC

42. jobs freelance - wrote:

Sorry…I meant make a comment yesterday. I believe that it is correct. Keep up the fantastic work. I’ll be back soon

5/26/2010 8:09 PM UTC

43. data entry jobs - wrote:

Hey…thanks for that. Fantastic content. I’ll be checking back shortly for more info. Thanks!

5/26/2010 8:47 PM UTC