People’s Choice Awards Nomination for So You Think You Can Dance

Yesterday, So You Think You Can Dance host Cat Deeley helped announced the official nominations for the 2010 People’s Choice Awards at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA.

So You Think You Can Dance received a nomination for “Favorite Competition Show.” Since it’s the people’s choice, YOU get to vote! Click here and scroll down to vote for the 2010 Awards. You can vote as many times as you’d like, so vote for So You Think You Can Dance from now until December 8, 2009 when polls close.

Comments

21 comments on “People’s Choice Awards Nomination for So You Think You Can Dance“

1. k H - wrote:

Tonight is the first night I have watched this show. It’s horrible! Bad Emcee. The judges are idiots. And the dancing is bad! I won’t watch again.

11/11/2009 6:45 PM UTC

2. WW - wrote:

For the first time, this show rubbed me the wrong way. Nigel’s comments were overboard. If he really wants the best dancer to be chosen, you probably should not leave it up to the american public to judge but have the professionals doing it. His edge tonight was bordering on disrespectful to the dancers, veiwers in the audience and at home, and voters.

I can’t imagine the show will win too many more people’s choice nominations if he keeps this up.

11/11/2009 7:04 PM UTC

3. KIMBERLY SCARBOROUGH - wrote:

ARE YOU AS SICK OF THESE JUDGES AS WE ARE?????THE RANTING FROM NIGEL HAS TO STOP BEFORE THERE IS NO LONGER ANYONE WATCHING. THE SHOW IS AMERICAN’S FAVORITE DANCER..NOT NIGELS. VERY BAD INDEED. THIS USED TO BE OUR FAVORITE SHOW ON TELEVISION…..NO LONGER……..

11/11/2009 7:17 PM UTC

4. Amy - wrote:

Not sure if anyone involved in the production of the show reads this. I love SYTYCD and am very excited that it is up for an award. However, during season 6, my husband and I have noticed that the audience feedback/screaming/etc. has gotten incredibly loud and distracting when when we watch it from home. Not only is this rude to the dancers who are trying to focus and listen to the music, but it is also rude to the viewers who aren’t screaming and trying to watch and enjoy the dance. For example, when Peter tapped on the 11/11 show, we couldn’t hear the rhythm he was producing AT ALL because of the audience screaming during the solo. I don’t know if there is anything anyone can do so the sound from them isn’t so strong or to quiet them down until the end of the dances but it is starting to get in the way of our enjoyment of the show. Thanks…

11/11/2009 7:53 PM UTC

5. Stella Lam - wrote:

Message to Nigel
    The comment you have made to Nathan was so true for all the young kids to learn nowadays. Those audience, they are so young and they gave you that reaction and showing such kind of attitude. Nigel, you should think about changing the show to pick the BEST dancer instead of the FAVOURITE dancer otherwise we will loose all the best dancers that dance their heart out but keeping those favourite “the appearance” ones. It will then loosing the meaning of the hard works you folks done in auditing……….Mind you, who goes to the computer more, the young ones or people like us-the more mature group? Good Luck. I like your positive attitude and comment. My respect!
    Stella Lam

11/11/2009 8:05 PM UTC

6. Panama City Florida - wrote:

i REALLY HOPE SOMEONE FROM THE SHOW READS THESE. NIGEL is out of control if he keeps his rudeness up I will no longer watch the show and tell everyone I know the same. Telling the audience to shut up is INSANE and RUDE RUDE RUDE!!!!!!!!

11/11/2009 8:32 PM UTC

7. Ricki - wrote:

What is going on with Cat Deeley this season? WHO dresses her? Her new ‘look’ is horrible… that heavy eye makeup (and false eyelashes?), and the bad hairstyling have aged her 10 years! And her wardrobe is different too… frumpy and trashy. She used to look gorgeous and classy… and we really enjoyed watching her interaction with the dancers and judges. Now, although we still enjoy the dancers, we don’t like watching Cat. Whoever made the decision to change her image… shame on you! Take a good look at the picture on her bio… now THAT’s the Cat we know and love. Please give us the ‘old Cat’ back. We miss her!

11/11/2009 10:45 PM UTC

8. LB65 - wrote:

OK, that last comment from Stella…I don;t understand, his positive attitude? You mean like when he destroyed all 3 girls in the bottom three as well as others? I mean really, they are already in the bottom 3, and now you’ve turned what should have been constructive critiques and probably the most positive and exciting experience these young people have ever had into a humiliating experience in front of their families and friends and millions of viewers. What a disgusting display Nigel, shame on you! What do you think you learned Nigel, do you think that your verbally abusive comments distroying these kids self esteem was better than an immature but innocent comment made by Nathan? I have never missed an episode of this show in the last 3 years but I have to question the ethics of some of the judges and yes it has been quite obvious that they ‘sway’ the votes to thier favourite dancers and the double standards are blaringly obvious. Truly disgusting! Nigel, now it’s time to try and redeem yourself and hang your head in shame and apologize to your dancers, and your audience, including the audiencs at home. I mean really, telling the audience to “SHUT UP!” because they were reacting to your horrible behaviour is unacceptable. You need to take a hard look at
    yourself and act with maturity yourself, talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

11/11/2009 11:19 PM UTC

9. Pat - wrote:

A suggestion. I’m a big fan of Dancing with the Stars but can’t watch So You Think You Can Dance because the dancers look so uncomfortable at the end. Cool down the dance floor and ask the audience to wear jackets. It’s too hot out there for people who have to work so hard. DWTS doesn’t seem to have that problem.

11/11/2009 11:32 PM UTC

10. stunned - wrote:

I don’t know what to say except that I think my favorite show just sank like the Titanic. I noticed at the beginning of this season that Mary and especially Nigel had puffed up attitudes and were less kind. But I brushed it off to temporary insanity form being bitten by the fame bug. Thankfully Adam is saving the day in his less aggressive yet effective comments. Poor Kat is being hung out to dry under such overwhelming negativity.
    I am not as enamoured by Karen as the judges are and I was really turned off by her divorcee comments: that was the most important thing she wanted America to know? Obviously they love her sensuality but don’t patronize us by saying we find her intimidating. I am 43 not 15. I find her uninteresting. There are 200 other channels selling sensuality.
    It seems to me also that the show is experiencing growing pains and has not dealt with it effectively yet. The venue is impersonal and has caused the show to lose its intimate feel. The giant screen in the background irritates me and makes me want to engage with the dancers less. It reminds me of the giant LA billboards. The choreograhers have been on the whole very weak and the routines have been uninspiring except for Wade’s. Last season I felt like I was a part of the process. I was getting to steal in to auditions it seemed. I felt invited into the judges parlors to witness amazing dancing. Tonight I felt as though my once friendly neighbors had come into new money and moved to the better side of town and didn’t want to associate with the likes of me.
    It has become very popular and they rode on that production value and chose dancers based on who the audience would gravitate towards. Maybe they should have picked the best dancers and stayed away from trying to read the public. Pick the best dancers next time and then let us sort out our favorite. But don’t “pick our favorites” for us and then belittle us for “picking wrong”. Nigel broke a trust with his viewers tonight and I don’t know how he can repair that kind of breach. I don’t know now if I will watch anymore this season. What I loved about the show last season was the joy and honesty and the exchange between the judges. The joy is gone for me and the insults leave me uncomfortable and sad.

11/12/2009 12:43 AM UTC

11. Willie - wrote:

I hate to say it but SYTYCD may have jumped the Shark! I hope Nigel doesn’t yell at me for having an opinion. The judges picked these dancers for the top 20, and then they tell us these are the best ever, now Nigel scolds us for voting for our favorite dancer. I thought the title the champ gets is America Favorite Dancer. Nigel if you don’t like the way the vote is going maybe you should have picked a top 20 based on talent not charisma. You can’t tell me you all didn’t cut 50 dancers that where better than Legacy. If I start to vote for Legacy please don’t yell at me for it because I’m voting for my favorite. I’m not a trained dance evaluator, just someone who likes dance sorry we might not agree.

11/12/2009 7:33 AM UTC

12. TinyDancer212 - wrote:

Nigel was rude and obviously all of the judges were never the products of POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT !! They should choose their words wisely when speaking to the dancers. The bottom and eliminated dancers are already trying to digest what has happened and do not need the judges to belittle and use such harsh words during the process just for the sake of the producers and a TV show! Shame on all of you! Mary, we know right from the start who her favorites are even if they are BORING!

11/15/2009 12:53 PM UTC

13. Geoffrey Prout - wrote:

You guys CLEARLY don’t understand the gist of the show. Nigel is one hell of a judge because he is truthful. Every point he makes is absolutely true. Stop complaining, if you don’t like the show, then don’t watch it!

11/18/2009 8:16 PM UTC

14. Arline Brown - wrote:

I truly like Cat Deeley, but who chooses her dresses. She is a beautiful lady and very gracious, BUT she needs longer dresses. She looks like she is standing on “toothpicks”. Her legs are just TOO skinny for those tiny short styles. I don’t mean they have to be long but a little length and no balloon skirts would certainly be an improvement. Does anyone else agree??

11/19/2009 2:00 PM UTC

15. latisse - wrote:

latisse is greate

11/23/2009 8:23 PM UTC

16. slateno3 - wrote:

Cat Deeley, can’t stand her…. can’t understand her British ramblings with the contestants, she looks extremely trashy this season, and she is NOT a classy host of this show. Replace her, and ratings I am sure would go up!

11/25/2009 6:49 PM UTC

17. latisse - wrote:

good stuff for lashes

12/4/2009 3:33 PM UTC

18. Jessica - wrote:

quite interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone learn that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

1/18/2010 9:59 PM UTC

19. Penis Enlargement - wrote:

Oh mankind that you so much for your enter at high-mindedness time. It helped me in my assignment. Thanks Alot

5/26/2010 6:04 PM UTC

20. dance.blogs.fox.com - wrote:

Peoples choice awards nomination for so you think you can dance.. Awful :)

3/25/2011 3:29 PM UTC

21. dance.blogs.fox.com - wrote:

Peoples choice awards nomination for so you think you can dance.. Slap-up :)

6/2/2011 1:05 PM UTC