ALL NEW / **TWO-HOUR SEASON FI...
WED 8/7c SEP 3

New Fall Season Starts Wed Sept 9: New Schedule for Audition Shows.

Season 6 Audition

After a spectacular fifth summer season of So You Think You Can Dance, television’s hottest dance competition series makes its fall debut when it returns for an all-new sixth season on Wednesday, September 9 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Hosted by Cat Deeley, So You Think You Can Dance continues to amaze viewers as dancers skilled in everything from Hip-Hop, Krumping, and Popping to Salsa, Jookin’, and Jive compete to be named America’s Favorite Dancer.

For Season 6, judges Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy will be joined by rotating guest judges as they travel across the country to audition dancers who represent the rhythm of America. View the schedule below to see when the episodes featuring auditions held in Atlanta, Boston, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Phoenix, and Slat Lake City will air.

Those dancers talented enough to get a ticket from the judges to Las Vegas for call-backs will air in mid-October. The call-back rounds conclude when the judges announce the Top 20 finalists made up of 10 guys and 10 girls, who will continue in the competition and compete for America’s votes.

Here is the Season 6 schedule of when the auditions will air. All times ET/PT.

Wednesday, Sept. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM)            Audition Episode
Wednesday, Sept. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM)          Audition Episode
Wednesday, Sept. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM)         Audition Episode
Tuesday, Sept. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM)              Audition Episode
Wednesday, Sept. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM)         Audition Episode
Tuesday, Oct. 6 (9:00-10:00 PM)                  Audition Episode
Wednesday, Oct. 7 (8:00-9:00 PM)              Las Vegas Round
Wednesday, Oct. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM)            Las Vegas Round
Wednesday, Oct. 21 (8:00-9:00 PM)            Las Vegas/Top 20 Chosen

Mark your calendars now so you don’t miss a move! While you’re waiting for Season 6 to begin, find out what Cat, Nigel, and Mary have to say about the new fall season of So You Think You Can Dance.

Comments

21 comments on “New Fall Season Starts Wed Sept 9: New Schedule for Audition Shows.“

1. Jason - wrote:

Oh no! Do we really need 7 weeks of auditions & Vegas? One of the best things about Season 5 was how the “preseason” was more compact than previous years…

9/3/2009 4:03 PM UTC

2. Athena - wrote:

Ah, I have to agree with Jason, lets get to the competition, that’s when the most amazing parts happen and when less drama is involved.

9/6/2009 1:54 PM UTC

3. Kristen - wrote:

although i too feel the auditions seem a bit spread out the truth is, when the show is over i miss it desperately so in the end we will all enjoy the ride. The show is sooo good thats why we are all so anxious to see the next episode. i realize now that if things go well this fall it will only air once a year again, i was very excited thinking that we were going to get the show twice a year.

9/8/2009 7:18 PM UTC

4. Gloria - wrote:

I would love to see a routine showcasing each of the seasons winners. How about you?

9/8/2009 10:10 PM UTC

5. Adirana - wrote:

I would like to know why we can’t watch the episodes online, on Fox.com? Some of us work nights and can only watch them online. Whatever you can do to make it happen will truly be APPRECIATED, not only by me but by all the fans! We’d love it!

I love the auditions! I think it’s great that the auditions are spread out, some great dancers don’t make it to the show and it’s awesome to see their routines!

I think there should be a winner challenge, and see how improved past winners are. Who’s the best of the best???

9/9/2009 12:10 AM UTC

6. Stephanie - wrote:

did anyone else try watching the audition episode and it wasnt on? i recorded it and went to watch it and all that was on was some speech from the president.

9/10/2009 6:36 AM UTC

7. Lucy - wrote:

6 weeks of auditions?? come on, let’s get to the top 20!

9/10/2009 5:23 PM UTC

8. Mark - wrote:

Watching talent develope as we associate with this creative sacred process is deeply meaningful and I like to identify with the dancers more earlier on in the journey so I can more deeply connect with the reality of were they ended up in the placeing of the compitition. I love that the show has involved the family situation and personal stories in it as well. I would love to see more of what it really takes to be at the top. Mabye a movie that really looks into the nature of dance as it forms the individuals that humble themselves to the yogic and personal mastery of this art form. Dr. Nigel Lythoe could profile this, and guide us in his classy dignified manner and approach to show it’s greatness and its pains, so we can deepen our respect and love for all movment. I would love to see more of the humanity in this organization, how it reaches out–like dance–to interchange with chance, in faith to risk reaching for the calling and letting it come from the stars through the individual to dash us all with more of it’s uniting way( hear in the U.S.A. ). With Dr. Lythoe as the guide and all that talent around him, fostering more is a gardening, and the kind of movment that moves me.

9/11/2009 11:26 AM UTC

9. Juva - wrote:

I’m a chinese.In China,many people loves so you think you can dance.The show is including so much kinds of styles dance,but I hope that could invite some chinese choreographers like Yang Liping.Yang Liping is a famous dancer in China,and she is expert of China’s national dance.

9/12/2009 7:48 AM UTC

10. K-K - wrote:

I hate the auditions for one reason: watching the judges laugh at and berate the contestants who are not talented. They may think including these clips makes for good TV, but it’s not entertainment for me to watch people being publicly humiliated even if they should have known they weren’t good enough for the show. I also don’t think it shows any professionalism to see Mary and Mia outright laughing at contestants while they’re auditioning. I will not be tuning in this season until the Vegas shows. There’s so much repetition on this show that I don’t think it will be hard to catch up on the “back stories” of the contestants who make it to Vegas.

I would LOVE to see more of the past season’s top 10 dancers in specials (I can’t wait to see the tour in Boston next week!!!)

I join other posters in wanting Fox to make whole episodes available online so that those of us without TIVO can go back and enjoy our favorite dances again. How ’bout it, Fox?

9/15/2009 6:41 PM UTC

11. John Starnes - wrote:

Will the audition episodes be available to watch on Fox under watch full episodes? If so, when? I missed the 9/16 show and would like to see it.

9/17/2009 5:32 PM UTC

12. ELLEN LONG - wrote:

Please, Please, make these episodes full on line.
    I would like to be ABLE TO VIEW EPISODES THAT WERE PRE-EMPTED BY OTHER TV MEDIA!!!
    tHANKS

9/25/2009 3:52 AM UTC

13. Linda - wrote:

My husband and I love to watch So You Think You Can Dance. It is the first really decent show on TV. There are a few things this year that disappointed us, but overall it is great. I don’t think the dancers should be judged poorly when the choreography or costumes are bad and sometimes they are. I would love to know what has happened to my favorite dancers of the past; Chelsie Higtower of last year and Sabra etc… You begin to care about these kids and then there gone.
    Will the shows ever be rebroadcast. We didn’t discover the show until the middle of the forth year. I look forward to next each, keep it coming.

9/30/2009 9:14 AM UTC

14. John - wrote:

Yeah i’m so excited about season 6.. I hope Victor makes the top 10 he is amazing!

10/6/2009 2:13 PM UTC

15. Amour Dior - wrote:

I am a faithful fan of SYTYCD. I have followed them for since the first year and I must say that I am dissappointed. Not because the show isnt spectacular, because it has gotten even better, but because of the audition shows. I hate the fact that every year, the audition shows rarely ever show the audition of black females unless they were rejected. The auditions they show are of black females looking looking foolish or if they show their auditions, they get cut before top 20. Just watch if you dont believe me!!! Do you remember seeing the audition of Comfort even though Nigel says she was the best female hip hopper? Do you remember Chelsea’s? Donyel was a lucky one. Come on SYTYD, do better.

10/21/2009 4:11 PM UTC

16. Rhonda Ward - wrote:

I am a BIG SYTYCD fan – but I have to say that the new set is AWFUL! It really detracts from the dancing – I wish you’d bring back the old set – and let the performances be the main event. Additionally, it seems that the cameras are more limited due to the set as well. It makes the show VERY difficult to watch. It is similar (or is it the same?) to the set at the finale show, and I remember thinking then how bad it was …..

Bring back the OLD SET!

10/26/2009 9:00 PM UTC

17. joan Arbil - wrote:

Last nights production was shoddy. The dancers were great but the background with the shimmering lights and all of the other distractions were in competition with the dancers. It was very difficult to watch and a disappointment.

10/27/2009 10:56 AM UTC

18. Michelle - wrote:

I absolutely love SYTYCD and have been a loyal fan since season one. However, something needs to be said about the new set. Approaching SYTYCD—which has typically been a breath of ingenuity among tv talent shows—with the same homogenized tactless set of the more standard and boring competition shows, does a disservice to the beauty and talent of the dancers and their choreographers. The dances feel less unique and less connected with the audience. There is an impersonal quality about the new set which—while it might work for shows such as American Idol— fails for SYTYCD. Please, please, please bring back the old set, or in the very least do something about the current one.

10/28/2009 8:57 PM UTC

19. jacqui - wrote:

Yes! Agreed! The new set is AWFUL! That has been the talk of nearly everyone I know who watches SYTYCD. I don’t want to stop watching, but I don’t want to be disappointed every night, by the ridiculously limiting set, I can barely keep my attention on the dancers. I am sooooooo bored now. I ended up turning it off to find better things to do with my time, and by better I mean chores that I normally would have left off for the next day.

11/2/2009 5:47 PM UTC

20. BW - wrote:

agreed, this new set is horrible, and from what I’ve seen there are way to many props and gimmicks…I just want them to dance.

11/3/2009 7:28 PM UTC